elkman52 02-Mar-17
The END 02-Mar-17
The END 02-Mar-17
elkman52 03-Mar-17
Stan NJ 10-Mar-17
The END 11-Mar-17
Shug 14-Apr-17
09-Jan-17
So....who is still after them? Am I the only one? Any reports?

I have a couple bucks on the radar but the one I was after all year was killed by a crossbow hunter on a small piece of private land next to the public land I hunt.

09-Jan-17
I'm still out. I haven't killed a buck yet this year. I drew my bow twice on P&Y sized bucks but a good shot never materialized. I've only killed two does so far and the first one I donated so I'm playing catch up on meat hunting. Yesterday morning I saw zero deer. Yesterday afternoon I saw at least 50. The only deer that presented shots were small antlered bucks, button bucks and immature does. I'll hunt on Friday afternoon and again on Sunday.

10-Jan-17
Still at it (with an empty freezer) I also never got a shot at the one I liked.I did see 5 different bucks on 12/30 Not going to be real fussy still have time to get it done.

12-Jan-17

Stan NJ's embedded Photo
Stan NJ's embedded Photo
These temps suck....cold front coming through on Saturday but then looks like 50's most of next week. Not good.

Plus one of my spots is getting heavy pressure from gun hunters...just walking through my spots. Will have to concentrate in my bow-only public peice.

12-Jan-17
Was out yesterday afternoon had 7 deer out of a dozen under me including 2 small bucks the only one to give me a shot was a 90 lb. button buck! I need meat but i'd rather see him next year. My buddy saw 16 haven't seen that many in a while.

12-Jan-17
I hated winter bow , hard to sit even for 2 hours . Don't recall a bow only area except around Princton

12-Jan-17
I really enjoy the challenge and solitude of winter bow. I don't know why you'd do it if you hated it. Some of the Hunterdon County parks department properties are bow only. I'm sure other counties and municipalities have similar properties.

21-Jan-17

Stan NJ's embedded Photo
Stan NJ's embedded Photo
I had 3 bucks and a mom with 2 binks in Thursday night...didn't shoot. 2 six pointers and a small forkie. Back at it on Tuesday afternoon.

22-Jan-17

elkman52's embedded Photo
Shot a buck who shed his antlers and had a broken leg.It was broken right above the rear hoof.Second buck for me with a brake after gun season in the last three years.Glad to put him down.

22-Jan-17

23-Jan-17
Nice job Greg...thats looks gnarly.

23-Jan-17
OUCH! Congrats!

26-Jan-17
It's hard to realize just how tough these animals are.Was wed. afternoon saw a real nice 8pt. best rack I saw all year.40yds. eating acorns way to far for my recurve.About 2 yrs. old he will look real good next year.

30-Jan-17
very nice work gents

01-Mar-17

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
SILVERADO's embedded Photo
Glad you were able to take him out, if not probably would have died from infection or coyotes. I got a pick of a buck that shed early as well, with a broken back leg. Never saw him in person.

02-Mar-17

The END's embedded Photo
The END's embedded Photo
On February 17th I shot this buck. I passed on over 60 bucks this year, drew my bow twice on two nice ones, and never took a shot. Something felt "right" on this one. Not a big rack but he had the build of a mature deer. It's the first buck I've killed in the last two years.

02-Mar-17
Nice deer ken,Like my buddy says somebody flips a switch and you know it's the right one.Mother nature was good for winter bow.The weather was a gift.I saw more bucks Jan.and Feb. than in November.

02-Mar-17
I killed this doe a week before the buck. I wish I weighed it. It's a big old block head. I netted out 45 lbs of trimmed meat from this deer. Working the math backwards I would say it had a dressed weight of 135. In some ways winter bow is my favorite. You really have to be on your toes that late in the season.

02-Mar-17

The END's embedded Photo
The END's embedded Photo

03-Mar-17
Shot one like that winter bow on a drive once,she was long like that with a big head and when she was lying on the ground she was thick across the back.She dressed 136 on a scale! Nice

10-Mar-17
Great finish to the year Ken...congrats. That's one huge doe!!

11-Mar-17
Thanks guys!

14-Apr-17
Nice Ken

• Sitka Gear