bigbuckbob 11-Jan-17
jax2009r 11-Jan-17
Bloodtrail 11-Jan-17
shawnm 11-Jan-17
yukon roz 11-Jan-17
Bloodtrail 11-Jan-17
GF 11-Jan-17
09-Jan-17
Just got back from lunch and when I went home my wife showed me a live feed of a doe stuck on the ice. It was the farmington river. She had been chased out on it by coyotes and was stuck. I guess animal control just got her out and her back legs or pelvic bone is broken. Even though I have taken the life of a deer this was kind of heart wrenching to watch.. Poor little doe.. She was completely helpless and made repeated attempts at getting up.. Not sure what there going to do with her now if I find out ill post more..

09-Jan-17
22 to the back of the head probably

09-Jan-17
broken bones = death certificate

10-Jan-17
http://m.ctpost.com/news/article/Rescuers-save-deer-trapped-on-frozen-Connecticut-10846721.php

10-Jan-17
Thanks for the link notme.. I didn't know they put it online to.. The story is great but no one will say what happened after. I'm pretty sure I gotta clue.. I'm hoping they put her at a farm or something like that..

10-Jan-17
WFSB said she was brought to a re-habber for observation.

10-Jan-17
I just found out I guess she had a lot of abrasions and multiple small fractures and some broken bones along with her jaw. They said the best course of action would be to euthanize her. Maybe in some instances like this a hunter who hasn't got a deer should be able to take her and apply one of there tags. I think that would be a great idea. Especially those who really depend on the meat yearly

10-Jan-17
JMO, sinking a lot of resources into rehabbing a crippled wild animal is one of the most stupid, pointless and selfish things that people do.

Whether you love coyotes or hate 'em, they're predators just like us; they'd pretty much "harvested" that one and people just had to interfere with a perfectly normal, natural process.

What would happen if we decided that any deer we wounded needed an ambulance instead of a finisher?

Just take the meat and all that money to the food bank and see how much more good that can do!

10-Jan-17
I saw it in a spanish news show (live from Spain) my wife was watching this evening.

11-Jan-17
Omg a little doe being broadcasted across the world. I absolutely agree with letting nature take its course but if the deer was stuck and was obviously not able to get out they should let a hunter take her for the meat. Imo

11-Jan-17
GF, now your just making too much sense! Well have none of that here please;)

11-Jan-17
if a hunter took her for meat there would be outrage....better off keeping hunters away from that political nightmare.....there animal rehab centers that use the meat ...that would be a better press story about it

11-Jan-17
When you euthanize and animal, you cannot eat it. The real enemy on this story is the coyote. The news should have made that the headline. Kill them all.

At least coyote season is now open year long in CT this year.....no closed season during spring turkey. Kill them all.

11-Jan-17
I did not know that I thought coyote season was all year long every year. From what your saying bloodtrail this is the first year its open all year?? I'd love to wack a few just don't really know how to go about it and I sure cant afford a call box right now. But i know there everywhere around here. When I used to live on the side of general dynamics they would come out from the cemetery across from cumbys every night around sunset. Right in the middle of the burbs they would run down the middle of the street. I couldn't believe it. One day I was driving around noon and one was trotting down the street like he was a loose dog. At first I thought it was until I seen no collar and how small he was with his ugly mangy coat. I seriously could not believe it. They are sure ballsy for coyotes.

11-Jan-17
They do come in to Turkey calls .Had a pair attack a couple of decoys I was hunting with 2 Springs ago.

11-Jan-17
First time you can hunt coyotes during spring turkey in CT is 2017. So if you guys call some in, your turkey hunt has now turned into a coyote hunt.

New Laws and Regulations

The following became effective on July 1, 2016:

Junior Pheasant Hunter Training Days are now allowed on both state and private land. Originally, junior hunters could only hunt on private land for this special day. The seasonal possession limit for snapping turtles harvested during the regulated season dates of July 15-September 30 was reduced from 30 to 10. The “long rifle” limitation on the array of .22 caliber rimfire ammunition to be used for hunting on state-owned lands was removed. The squirrel season begins on September 1 and continues through February 28 (excluding Sundays). The woodchuck season is from March 15 through November 15 (excluding Sundays). The coyote hunting season is from January 1 through December 31 (excluding Sundays).

11-Jan-17
So .22Mags are now OK?

They're not much of a coyote round, but they've gotta whomp a .22LR....

• Sitka Gear