Novemberforever 10-Jan-17
razorhead 11-Jan-17
Novemberforever 11-Jan-17
Huntcell 11-Jan-17
Novemberforever 11-Jan-17
rershooter 11-Jan-17
Tweed 11-Jan-17
10-Jan-17
Does anyone have a list available of the pope and young entries for wisconsin by counties, at least of the top 10 Wisconsin counties.

10-Jan-17

Novemberforever's embedded Photo
Py now has a whitetail only book last issued 2015, $40 , which comes with a cd. You can cross reference just about any datapoint quick. Ie,most frequent kill dates will show the first 10 days of November by far is the best time to arrow a mature buck.Wisconsin has 11,682 entries, #2, Illinois has 7701, #3, iowa has 4822. Counties? #1 Buffalo, the other top counties are Waupaca, Shawano, Dane. But Buffalo is #1 by A ton.

10-Jan-17

Suak, Columbia are great. The next tier would be Marathon, trempeleau, jackson, vernon. Whats interesting is the county directly across the river in minnesota from Buffalo has 5% the entries as Buffalo county? Munnesota was #1 in entries until 20 years ago when they moved the gun opener to peak rut, now they are a non factor. Wisconsin vs Iowa? Not even close. Why? Same reason Marathon, Waupaca are tops. Sheer volume. Now look at entries/license and kentucky, Mizzou are tops. But if i get 100,000 more 1/2 court shots than Lebron I win everytime. Wisconsin has the perfect mix of soil, temps, woods/ag to produce large quantities of book bucks like no other state. Ohio is coming on strong as of late. Why? 1 buck/hunter/year.

10-Jan-17
Sorry the pics are submitted upright and they post flipped.

10-Jan-17
This hasnt been our experience. 2 summer patterened taken the first week, 2 taken in oct and dozens taken the first week of november over decades. In fact taking a book buck post peak rut(11/12-gun opener) Has been very difficult. By gun opener the mature bucks need a boot to move from thier bed during daylight due to exhaustion. Book kill dates prove Alzheimers moon phase predictions wrong. He predicted peak rut on 11/18/2016? Shocker it was 11/4-7, just like the last 100 years.

10-Jan-17
Bottom line is mature bucks are most vulnerable during rut which is always the first 10 days of November. Greg miller told me 25 years ago the best bowhunting days are 3 days either side of 11/7. He was right.

10-Jan-17
What ever happened to Greg Miller.?

10-Jan-17
Neverbait-

I've heard the same from hunters that have hunted there and that are in the "business" that travel throughout Iowa..........170's just isn't impressive to them.

10-Jan-17
Wisconsin has 3x the py entries as Iowa, 6x Michigan and is #1 in Bc entries by far. Must be cultural that only Wisconsin hunters enter deer@triple the rate of Iowa? Has nothing to do with wisconsin harvesting 100,000 more bucks/year than Iowa?

10-Jan-17
To further the entry logic, Buffalo county must have something in the water that propels those hunters to enter book deer@ a much higher rate than neighboring counties hunters?

10-Jan-17
November, I suspect you (and Greg) are right on. If effort/participation was the most important factor in shooting mature bucks with a bow, opening weekend each September would be the most anticipated hunt of the season to get after those "easy" mature bucks before someone else targeted them. I'd suspect that the truth is many book bucks are rarely even visible by day until the pre-rut/rut in heavily-hunted farm country.

10-Jan-17
If someone doesn't think a 170 inch deer is impressive they shouldnt be hunting. I hear guys every year say they wouldn't shoot anything but a 150incher+ but shoot the 1st 135 that comes through.

10-Jan-17
So woods,if you were going to take 1 week off of work and hunt 9 days straight for a book buck what 9 days would give you the best chance?

10-Jan-17
" Far more bucks are killed on the opening Saturday of the archery season than on the Friday before. Why?" Woods, this discussion is about mature book bucks not any buck.

10-Jan-17
"they are not interested in the recognition, quite the opposite otherwise the outfitters move in" move into what? A mostly private land draw state for nr? Buffalo county has the most outfitters and they havent missed a beat stacking the most bc/py entries than any other county on the planet. Sorry but i see alot of wall bucks that "net book" but were never scored. Only 40% of even Wisconsin mature bucks will ever net 125.

10-Jan-17
Nb, i am confident an nr who builds points and drops big $$$ on a guided hunt knows how to hunt and shoot. iowa figured out what? Compare nr license revenue to Wisc. Iowa will never have the dpsm to compete on any level with Wisconsin.

10-Jan-17
Nb, Wisconsin outdoorsman have no idea what a great state it is for hunting/fishing. I put it 3rd behind Az and Bc.

10-Jan-17
What so great about AZ?

10-Jan-17
The best and biggest elk, antelope, mulies on the planet. With 10 points you will take a great bull on public land easy. Great quail hunting.

10-Jan-17
November +1. Love hunting and fishing in Wisconsin. Just hate some stupid rules like the registration.

10-Jan-17
Az recently held the Wr for elk, Antelope, Mulie, desert sheep and Coues deer.

10-Jan-17
Isn't it like $170 a year for a license and a point in AZ? Do that for at least 10 years as a non resident, and then pay another $600 for the tag? Isn't it better to hunt OTC in Colorado multiple years? Trust me, if I had the money I might consider it. I would rather take my chances on a Maine Moose though.

10-Jan-17
I have 10 points for elk arizona please pm me the three units you say its so easy to shoot a 350 bull. Ok only one unit! PLease and thank you.

10-Jan-17
Hc, i have hunted white mt apache reservation 4 times. I filmed many 300s jumping the wire into public. Any unit that touches the res wire on the mogollon rim is a no brainer. I did not say 350, you did. But with a bow you should score a 290-330 easy. Try 4b, or any unit that touches the white mt apache wire. My buddie killed a bow 330, day 1 with a mt bike. If you have 10 points what are you waiting for? Check out huntin fools website for draw odds. Your welcome.

10-Jan-17

HC, here are 7 Mogollan rim bulls. The far left is 393.

11-Jan-17
nice trophy room, I only took one really nice bull, it is in my cabin, and everytime I look at it, I relive that particular hunt,,,, where did you get that bear, the full mount????

11-Jan-17
Its a family effort. I have 8 bulls.

11-Jan-17
November thanks for the info! The Indian Rez is a no draw hunt. Well you do have to draw the cash out of an account.

WoW is that photo from your Wisconsin hunting lodge or your California mansion?

11-Jan-17
Wisconsin. You have the points which is the hardest part. Check out huntin fools website for draw odds. Again 4b, or any unit that touches the apache res wire is fantastic. I would hunt before 9/15 as by 9/20 many bulls antlers are all busted up from fighting. Quick field judge? G-1,2,3 need to be 20 inches, mains 50 inches, mains outside body, g3 outside mains=350 plus.Great hunt, enjoy.

11-Jan-17
All I wanted was a list ranking Wisconsin counties by pope and young entries.

11-Jan-17
Well... You walked into the wrong bar to get that.

• Sitka Gear