10-Jan-17

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo

10-Jan-17
I like it,!

10-Jan-17
White men must have been democrat.

10-Jan-17
Chief 'Two Eagles' kinda looks like 'Iron Eyes Cody' from the 1970s environmental TV commercials. Still tho, "Two Eagles' does have a point!

10-Jan-17
The white man sounds like a Republican messing up the hippies recreation/relying on others.

I'm not political but that is the stereotype

11-Jan-17
That's still how my life works! I've never done a single load of laundry. Not allowed to touch the vacuum. My house is always clean and I wouldn't have any idea where to even find the cleaning supplies. Instead of hunting I work and fix what needs fixing. The only time I cook is when it's over fire. I guess you just need to marry the right girl and you can still live the life of the chief!

11-Jan-17
Crusader - From my experiences if I ever vacuumed or did laundry it wouldn't be good enough anyway. I did laundry and folded everything and everything gets folded again. lol

11-Jan-17
We got in an argument one time...I did the dishes just to show her why I don't do dishes.

Wish I had more time to be outside though.

11-Jan-17
My wife and I have a deal worked out that works great. I wash my hunting clothes and she washes everything else. I have even talked her into using nothing but unscented soap on the clothes she washes. It has worked for over 30 years. You young ones, pay attention to this thread.

11-Jan-17
I won't even mention the selective hearing she has. lol

11-Jan-17
It's funny how that works. How do single guys even survive? I do have a buddy who divorced his wife because she wouldn't work, clean or cook. She sat on the couch getting bigger and bigger. After 7 mos of the same argument he threw her ass out and hired a cleaning service to come once a week. He said it was the best decision he's ever made.

11-Jan-17
My wife and I are 50/50. We work together on everything.

11-Jan-17
My wife has her hands full with 3 kids under the age of 7, and she's gone and got knocked up again! So, as much as I want to complain about our house looking like like a bomb exploded, I keep it in and cook and clean. She does let me hunt basically anytime I want, which is nice.

11-Jan-17
I did not get married till I was 35.... I hunted like heck all over the place out west in my late 20's, including sheep in Canada, worked for the forest service in Calif till August than hunted on the money, till winter,,,,, this was after service and college,,,,,

anyway I always cooked and cleaned etc, because for the most part I was on my own since I lost my dad at 15........ getting married was a luxury, but I always took care of things.......

my wife never lets me do the laundry though, ha ha,,,, and no hunting stuff in her laundry room,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

as long as I take her fishing, I can hunt all I want

11-Jan-17
I cook all my wild game and fish myself, I wash all my hunting and fishing clothes , we both do dishes, I take care of all lawn care, snow blowing, grilling and up keep fixing stuff, and she keeps the house spotless, cooks 90 percent of meals washes regular laundry and balances the checkbook. I go hunting and fishing whenever i want. It has worked for 44 years and counting.

11-Jan-17
I'm jealous of Razor right now.

My wife takes care of all the domestic stuff but doesn't get why I like being outside all the time. I have to sneak fish and game into the freezer.

11-Jan-17
You going hunting again?

Ya that's what I do! And when I get home, I am hunting for You!!!

11-Jan-17
My wife and I are 50/50ish, I snow-blow, mow lawn, cook 80% of the meals (I love cooking so I couldn't care less), fix stuff around the house and in return I hunt basically without a look from her. I head out west for 1-2 weeks, take a week for bowhunting around home, and a trip or two to SD with my golden after pheasants every fall. Only expectation is we have meat at home at all times, which I've been able to do without any troubles, and I take her somewhere every year (Homer, AK fishing this summer).

Thinking WY antelope next year for this guy, guys that don't do much around the house that seems fun, but I really don't mind laundry/cooking/house cleaning, we both work quite a few hours and I don't want her stuck with everything.

I imagine everything will change once we have kids, but I've been more or less promised my western hunts every fall with a few days of archery at home, I imagine my priorities will change at that point and I'll want to be home more which is OK with me.

11-Jan-17

11-Jan-17
I'm like riverrigger, my wife does most of the cooking, checkbook, laundry, cleaning, etc and I do all the outside chores, wood cutting, mowing, maple syruping and so on. She has never once complained about me hunting, fishing or being gone guiding weeks at a time. I married a great woman 48 years ago this June.

• Sitka Gear