nehunter 13-Jan-17
shawnm 14-Jan-17
nehunter 15-Jan-17
shawnm 15-Jan-17
nehunter 15-Jan-17
notme 15-Jan-17
12-Jan-17

notme's Link
http://m.ctpost.com/local/article/DEEP-More-bears-seen-across-state-in-2016-10852762.php

12-Jan-17
Just saw a large bear roaming around this afternoon. Warm weather must have got him out for a bit.

13-Jan-17
just on the radio that there was 6700 sighting in 2016 and they expect more this spring when the 1.5 yr old males start roaming for their own territory. Also starting is more closer to cities, no longer just Simsbury, Avon, Canton.

13-Jan-17
Mass has had a big Bear population increase ever since they took dog hunting away ....and we can tell they are number 1 predator of fawns in the spring.....

13-Jan-17
Bring on the bear season!

Why do I tink it should be easier to get permission to hunt bears in the suburbs than deer??

13-Jan-17
My brother had 2 in his yard in Hebron

13-Jan-17
I live in zone 4S in MA and they are such a problem. I do not let my kids out unless they have one of the dogs out loose playing with them. If your Fish and Game dept doesnt do something soon you guys are screwed ! In MA they estimate the population grows at 8-10% annually and this was announced 5+ years ago. They say we have 4,500-5,000 bears in MA in the latest estimate, we killed 283 in the 2016 seasons. 190 during the Sept season, 46 in Nov season and 47 in the Dec season. This is the first time that we even came close to killing half of what our annual reproduction rate would be. As for killing fawns, a lactating female with cubs is the number 1 killer of fawns in MA, it has been documented time and time again, and yes I have a friend who did a study on this for his Masters at Westfield state college 2 years ago in Wildlife biology and the MA Div of F&W backed it up with info they provided him. I have harvested 6 bears in MA and did it without trying, just knock on any door of a farmer with any type of corn crop and they will tell you " You better kill them if you see them". Please do what you have to to get a season or else it wont be good for the deer. Also, contact the farmers along the MA, CT, NY border ask them about what has happened to their corn crops and even worse, what the bears are doing to the round white wrapped silage bails of hay. Im gifted to have the properties that I do to hunt in NY zone 4Y and 4Z and we told them about 5-7 ago you better hope that you dont get bears around here, well they do and they cant believe the damage they do. Take care of the problem now ! P.S.- Sorry about the rant but they a serious problem !

13-Jan-17
People in NW corner don't even report them anymore. Most tree huggers think if they report them they will be killed. I delete Bear pics from my trail camera memory cards like they were squirrel pics. They ruin most of my early season Apple tree spots, I get pissed when I see one now. Wouldn't it be great if they open a Spring Bear season? Turkey hunt in the morning then hunt over bait in the evening. Of course I realize that will never ever happen in CT.

14-Jan-17
Omg I've never seen a bear in ct and I hope not to. Nehunter that's crazy you get that many pics of them.. Are they young, old, male female?

15-Jan-17
From 80# to 400#'s. Some have tags and some don't. I hunt Cornwall, Salisbury and Goshen, big woods and tons of Bears.

15-Jan-17
Wow on totally surprised. I once seen a momma bear with her cub in my backyard in mass but that's it. Never once in ct and hope to keep it that way.. Do you hunt with a sidearm or bear spray?? Just curious

15-Jan-17
Its not uncommon, most NW hunters are experiencing the same thing. From Hunting Reg's -- Possession of a Firearm - Possession of a firearm while archery hunting is prohibited.

Very stupid rule, I can carry while in a Bank but cant carry while hunting??

15-Jan-17
C'mon shawn,a bluff charge is a good way to test your sphincter muscle control..very exhilarating...lol

• Sitka Gear