shawnm 15-Jan-17
shawnm 15-Jan-17
shawnm 15-Jan-17
whaler 15-Jan-17
shawnm 15-Jan-17
bb 15-Jan-17
GBears9 15-Jan-17
13-Jan-17
So I just went out to grab the cam and would ya know it somebody stole it.. They went to my blind and stole my chair along with my thermaseat. I'm so frustrated right now.. It was my only cam and had all my deer pics on the SD card.. I feel so invaded. Clearly another hunter. I would never take someone else's trail cam knowing they have it there for a reason. In total it cost me 85$.. And to me in my situation that's a lot.. Sry to vent in just bummed and frustrated

13-Jan-17
Now you know we are not alone in the woods. Next time buy 2 cameras. One to watch the deer and the other to watch the equipment. I think is notme who did it since you so clearly broadcasted your success story here. Remember that silence is worth gold anytime.

13-Jan-17
Sorry to hear that Shawn, that sucks. A hunter didn't steal it....a thief and trespasser did. A true hunter would have left it alone.

13-Jan-17
I always wonder what the hell is wrong with people who take things that don't belong to them ... I have non working 'bait' cameras if you want to try and catch em.

13-Jan-17
Welcome to the club..sucks

13-Jan-17
shawn - are you on private land? If so, ask the landowner if anyone else was given permission or if he/she saw anyone on the property.

Really sorry to hear this. Some people really suck, sad to say.

13-Jan-17
Sucks

13-Jan-17

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
I'm the only one.. I'm just super bummed and disappointed.. My cam was set about 200 yards away from my blind so they were looking. Also the stand I found out there was put illegally to.

13-Jan-17
Poachers that are too lazy to get permission the right way think they can do whatever they want, indefinately unfortunately ... You have the law option or handle it yourself, I've done both and had better results taking care of it myself.

13-Jan-17
Whoever did it they will not come back soon. A small price to pay for increased privacy.

13-Jan-17
Doesn't look like that stand was placed any too recently...

13-Jan-17
That stand is hanging on a widow maker branch. Steer clear from its location.

13-Jan-17
Just for HA ha's,your not over the boundary line are you...maybe someone giving you a message

13-Jan-17
O ya its really unsafe.. Its built with pt. The planks look new but the frame looks old. You couldn't pay me enough to go up in that thing

13-Jan-17
did you see any foot prints in the snow ?

13-Jan-17
Nothing at all. I didn't see no human sign and if I did I wouldn't of hung the cam.. At this point im calling it a loss but ill be hunting there tomorrow and Sunday so if it was a weekend warrior ill run into him. Just sux all my deer pics are gone. I truly believe in karma and just for the simple fact he did what he did he already got his. What kind of person(man) would do this? So I do believe he already got his. Sh$% bag!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE notme

13-Jan-17
Very sorry you are in the club now Shawn. Especially since you have had such a cool season - frustrating to end it this way. A-Holes suck.

13-Jan-17
Maybe the deer are messing with you.

13-Jan-17
Friggin people suck. Did you leave tracks in the snow right to your blind and/or camera?

Another thing I noticed with my stealthcam, when the batts get too low, a red light comes on. I can see that itty bitty light at over a 100 yards in the dark. Anyone else seeing it will investigate and walk right to it.

Place it higher and conceal it. Or as said above, add a second to watch the first.

13-Jan-17

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
I wish they were but I don't think they would jump in my blind and steal my chair and then my cushion. First trail cam.. Couldn't even make it one season. As much as I love trail cams I'm not going to be putting any out there anytime soon. My wife felt bad for me and got me a cheap one from Wally world. It displays the pic right on the cam. Its only 5 mp and it doesn't have the time or date but I'm happy to get a new one. Anyone else have any cheap trail cams besides wildgame?

13-Jan-17
Brian your right on. I went this past Sunday when it was snowing and hung it. I was supposed to go back out for the evening but wife got called into work so I couldn't. There's no other way they would of found it.. My stupid ass left a trail right to it.. I wasn't even thinking..

13-Jan-17
Did you check with the landowner?

But yeah... If there's somebody who would LIKE TO be hunting that property and they saw tracks leading in there, they might well assume that there's a pot o' gold at the end o' that rainbow....

I'm pretty sure that the guy who had the trail cams up on the private property where I hunted last year was following my tracks around so see if I was messing with his stuff. Don't know if he got any pics of me or not, but I had the owner's permission to be there and I don't think he did; he apparently had arranged permission for the cams with the caretaker, but I don't think he had mentioned the bait pile that he had out there... certainly not on the owner's radar...

13-Jan-17
Sucks had stand stolen as well. Lots of JERKS out there

13-Jan-17

Bloodtrail's Link
I have the little Tasco ones you can pick up for about $40 online. They take four AA batteries and last all year. They work fine. Not always in stock, but worth it

13-Jan-17
I had a blind this year taken too. They left my chair it was too heavy and a long walk to the road.

13-Jan-17
I have had stands and cameras stolen. Even when chained or cabled and locked. There will always be low life opportunists with no respect for other's property. Sorry for your loss.

13-Jan-17
Tall 1 ,the sad thing is it was 1 1/2 mile from a road and in the middle of a laurel thicket. Left it from the end of bow season and went to hunt it the day after x-mas. Don't want to point fingers , most likely a gun hunter. No one else would have went into that jungle. Thanks

14-Jan-17
If its not yours don't touch it!! Soo many people dont have respect morals or ethics. Who ever took my cam did a lot more damage than just the money aspect of it. To be honest even though I got a new cam I think I'm done hanging them. It really irks me that it wasn't even out there for 5 days and that's all it took.. Pos..

14-Jan-17

nehunter's Link
For an extra few bucks, you can buy this Browning for $80. Its not the blackout model I usually buy but cant beat the quality for the price.

14-Jan-17

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
Gave her a touch up.. Maybe now she will blend in more!!

14-Jan-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo
My Covert camera have cable lock rings molded to the camera. I use these python locks to secure all my cameras to the trees. I still have had someone bring in bolt cutters to steal a camera. A cable, chain or lock will not stop a thief but it will make it very hard to steal. I also mount the camera at head level and point it down to make it harder to spot. Being 6'10" this also puts it out of most guy's reach...lol

14-Jan-17
Shawn - After seeing your more recent post I would assume the squatters took it. Camera prob went to a pawn shop.

14-Jan-17
The area with all the trash isn't where I hung the camera.. Complete opposite side of the property over multiple swamps.. No way to get to it from where they are. Already called the local pawn shops

14-Jan-17
You'd be surprised how they can move around stealthily...

14-Jan-17
Notme there's no way they vs get to where I'm at.. Its not woods its swamps upon swamps.. 8 ft cattails wrapped around them. No way.. Absolutely not

14-Jan-17

>>---CTCrow--->'s embedded Photo
>>---CTCrow--->'s embedded Photo

14-Jan-17
What is that ctcrow

15-Jan-17
Claymore, most likely.

"Notme there's no way they vs get to where I'm at.. Its not woods its swamps upon swamps.. 8 ft cattails wrapped around them. No way.. Absolutely not"

Seriously? If it ain't possible, then how did YOU do it?

15-Jan-17
It sucks to hear bud I'm sorry, I lost a ladderstand and a cam this year. Thieves suck

15-Jan-17
Dude,you think there's gonna be a neon sign saying this way to funky town...hmmmmm..lol. yup claymore...

15-Jan-17
I stated before I drove down the road two miles and went in a different way.. Any more remarks gbears. Keep trying to rip apart my words.. You got a fat mouth.. Like I said before stop posting on my threads. If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it at all.. But go ahead keep making yourself look like an ass.. I'm loving it and I'm sure plenty of others are to

15-Jan-17

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
And here's a couple pics for ya

15-Jan-17
Thanks Silverado for the understanding.. Some people just don't got it!!

15-Jan-17
Sorry about the cam. Par for the course Im afraid.

Is that your picture of the black bears? this is in Groton CT?

15-Jan-17
I dont have any pics of black bears.. I wish I did. Actually no I dont..lol..

15-Jan-17
Scroll up a couple of frames where you loaded the photos.

15-Jan-17
"I stated before I drove down the road two miles and went in a different way.. Any more remarks gbears. Keep trying to rip apart my words.. You got a fat mouth.. Like I said before stop posting on my threads. If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it at all.. But go ahead keep making yourself look like an ass.. I'm loving it and I'm sure plenty of others are to"

I never posted anything on this thread? You stated I tried ripping apart your words, have a fat mouth and made myself look like an ass. Not sure where this is all coming from.

• Sitka Gear