Tweed 28-Jan-17
Mindbender 28-Jan-17
razorhead 29-Jan-17
dbl lung 30-Jan-17
Naz 30-Jan-17
Two Feathers 31-Jan-17
Tweed 31-Jan-17
13-Jan-17
For those who are not, your missing a nice hunt. I've only hunted once so far and saw 0. I expect to fill a tag before it all ends. It's not an easy hunt. Cold, noise and movement goes to the deer's favor. I'm waiting the arrival of a new blind, a Hidden Hunter blind. I'm anxious to try it out down in Ozaukee county. Good luck to you all who are still hunting.

13-Jan-17
After 15 years of trying to deer hunt a particular piece of property. I have finally been given the opportunity. For years on years it was always a no. I've trapped on this property for a number of years. Taken a lot of coyotes on it. The last couple years he's been unsure. I finally convinced him and have roughly 15 days to hunt such a dynamite property. Two nights ago. I almost sealed the deal on a 10 pointer. But I was surrounded by 20 other deer and couldn't move. By the time I could he was out at 50+ yards.

Last night I hunted. And I saw 19. 17 doe's and 2 smaller bucks. Got back to the truck and he came driving down and told me the 10 pointer was with a dozen other deer. In a different field. I will shoot the ten. But he did say there is a bigger one with 10 inch brow times. I have the pics of the deer he's talking about from last year.

I'm a low impact kind of hunter. But with the season closing I feel I have more pressure on myself than I've ever had. So I will hunt it hard until the season closes. If I don't take a buck off the property I will take a doe on the last day.

13-Jan-17
Good luck noc, I was just out checking my cam and talked to my LO. When he brought up the idea of allowing us into our respective conservancies at the last meeting some lady blew a gasket. She went on and on about not wanting her horse to be shot by us wannabe Rambo types. It will be an uphill battle but he's going to keep fighting for it.

As for hunting, I'll be out a few more times but I'm not going to hunt hard by any means. I feel like I won the season when I passed on that half rack and am happy ending on that note.

13-Jan-17
I think that's cool he's putting the effort in. Wonder if it's the same lady that called me and all hunters murderers! The lady that said that owns a horse farm on the southern side of 6 mile by botting road..

13-Jan-17
I have been out a few times, it is really hard to get around with out sounding the alarm, Everything is ice and frozen solid snow. With that being said i have not seen anything.

13-Jan-17
Ozaukee public tonight. See other thread! Hahaha! Good luck Noc and everyone else!

13-Jan-17
Scouting some land this weekend

13-Jan-17
Pack of coyotes sounded of roughly 150 yards away as a ambulance went by in the distance. I got some cool sound footage. Not sure if that will affect my chances on seeing deer. But... I am out

13-Jan-17
Saw 7 tonight and one unknown. Racine co.

13-Jan-17
I have been out a few times. It used to be fun when there was a lot of deer around. Now with rifles legal to use in metro units the population is being reduced fast.

14-Jan-17
I sat both morning and evening, 0 deer. One fox. Two rabbits 9 horse/riders and two stray dogs. The dogs were very friendly and I called them over for a quick visit. The one didn't want to leave. They both had collars and I kind of regret not quitting the hunt to take them home.

16-Jan-17
I wish!!

16-Jan-17
I am going out at 1pm,,,,,, my buddy this am, saw a huge buck, at least a 10 he said, too bad it was north of the zone,,,, ha ha,,,, I think them buggers know at times, what is going on, ha ha

16-Jan-17
Went out yesterday afternoon. Ozaukee public land. Had one 6 pointer sneak up on me from the direction he wasn't supposed to come from. Other than that, took a nap and ran into a curious opossum in the walk out. Hopefully out a few more times.

16-Jan-17
I have a lot showing up on cameras but the right wind to hunt the stands never blows.

16-Jan-17
I'm out in oz county as well. Hunting my suburb honey hole right on the lake. 11 deer in the picked corn, usually a few stroll into my shooting lane Between houses just before close. Think today they got out before I did. The rain could stop anytime now...

16-Jan-17
I'm out in oz county as well. Hunting my suburb honey hole right on the lake. 11 deer in the picked corn, usually a few stroll into my shooting lane Between houses just before close. Think today they got out before I did. The rain could stop anytime now...

16-Jan-17

17-Jan-17
Back at it tomorrow in the afternoon. We have the ultrasound to determine if #4 is a boy or girl in the morning. Rest of the day off to relax and panic! Please give me another girl!!!!!

17-Jan-17
Doe down. Had to choose between 6 of them shortly after 4. Conveniently went down about ten feet from blacktop. I miss the solitude of big woods hunting during this metro but nice to not drag far, and a guys gotta eat right! Now for some dryer weather. Funny we can't work in the rain but I sure can hunt in it

17-Jan-17
Hey northbound - congratilations on the doe! Post details, let homebound other guys hunt vicariously with you. Might be fun to read the story. Again, congrats.

17-Jan-17
looking forward to tomorrow, nice going northbound, enjoy the bounty

18-Jan-17
Congrats northbound, post up a couple pics and tell the story!

18-Jan-17
Nice job Northbound.

18-Jan-17

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo
I'm out now. Lots of water in here. This is the spot I shot last years buck in and it was dry then. Also dry when I hunted it this fall. Now, I would need my rubber boots to sit there.

18-Jan-17
At least its sunny today.

19-Jan-17
No deer seen last night and not one pic on the cam over the course of 6 days. I'm going to hang up the bow and take the camera out to the sna for the rest of the season.

19-Jan-17
I'll be out this weekend. Probably sunday morning.

19-Jan-17
I hunted tonite, by my house,,,,, did not see any deer, but my friend checked his camera, and there was a surprise,,,,, deer movement from 10am and at 11am,,,, you just never know in this late season

20-Jan-17
I hunted the south side of the Cedarburg Bog last night. Lots of fresh deer sign. I moved deer but never saw anything. Hope to get into some private land north of Herrington Beach this afternoon.

20-Jan-17

Nocturnal's embedded Photo
My season is officially over. She tipped over right before she could disappear in the fog! ;)

20-Jan-17

20-Jan-17
I wish there was a way to flip the photos. Sorry guys :/

21-Jan-17
Outstanding!

22-Jan-17
I hunted tonight and saw nothing, but I know where they are,,,,, I asked the landowner, and he said, yes you can hunt,,,,, so this week should be better

22-Jan-17
Congrats noc! Now you can finally finish the yearly video. I've been holding my breath waiting for it.

25-Jan-17
Hunted Ozaukee this afternoon and came home with a doe.

26-Jan-17
Awesome! Congrats TwoFeathers.

Got a story and where in OZ?

26-Jan-17
very nice I am also hunting Ozaukee and wash co line, but nothing has moved till after dark for me,,,,, the other day 2 were out at 420pm but they were in a closed area.....

be out tonite, still at it

26-Jan-17
Tweed - Not much of a story to tell. I had work in Ozaukee, finished work early and decided to hunt some private land north of Hwy 33 on Hwy I (Saukville area). Because of the weather I stripped out of my work cloths and put on my hunting cloths in the back seat of my vehicle - that was a farce. 2 pm I was in my ground blind (out of the elements) and waited. Then about 3:45 the weather broke and it stopped snowing/raining. I took that as a positive.

The property I was hunting doesn't hold any deer but they move back and forth through it. 4:30 I see 5 coming, all skin heads - 1 big one and 4 young ones. She must have adopted a couple of orphans. The trail they are on would bring them by at 17 yards. The big doe is in the middle of the herd. The first two young ones go past without busting me. Mama comes past and I take my shot - bullseye - and all hell breaks loose. I lucked out, the doe I shot runs toward my vehicle. The blood trail was one of those a blind man could follow and I had a relatively short drag and the fresh snow made it easier. That was the hunt - short and sweet. I went back in there after work today and recovered my arrow. Lots of little tracks and one set of adult tracks and I still have an antlerless Ozaukee tag left so maybe......

I haven't seen a buck since the black powder hunt and that was up in Oneida county. I did find an awesome shed in early January on a farm I hunt near Collins Marsh in Manitowoc county but I never saw the buck and I hunted that farm a lot, probably too much. He will be on my mind come November 2017.

Semper Fi - Tom

26-Jan-17
Nice going two feathers,,,, today I went in to my little chair in the bush, at 1pm, because the snow was still soft at that time,,,,,, sun came out for a short time about 3pm.... A nice red fox came by at about 30 yards, on the hunt,,,,,,,,, Now all afternoon, I could hear the ice, banging and crashing, coming down the Milw River, and heard some very loud pops and bangs,,,,,

When I came out to my car, the landowner showed me, the big tree in his yard, that as the river rose and the ice came, simply broke off huge branches, I mean some big ones, said it was like that everywhere, and that is what I was hearing....

Sure wished it would have spooked them deer out of their beds, because I saw nothing, other than my friend the fox,,,,,,

28-Jan-17
I am sure my reports are boring, because, no deer again observed, but they did move after legal hours,,,,,,, I saw over 30 turkeys, so they seem to be doing good,,,,, my friend saw 5, but got busted pulling back the bow, from the stand

28-Jan-17
You're friend saw 5 deer or turkeys?

28-Jan-17
he saw 5 deer, a big doe who had 4 fawns with her, looks like she adopted a few,,,, he said he was sloppy on the draw, bow made noise and bam, they were gone

28-Jan-17
Today is my first day out since injury.

On the OZ MKE line.

Hoping to get out tomorrow too.

28-Jan-17

Mindbender's embedded Photo
Mindbender's embedded Photo

29-Jan-17
not till the last legal day to hunt, although for me, today will be my last time out

30-Jan-17
The population is certainly way down around La Crosse. I hunt an area where there are two fields where the cows got in the corn before it was harvested. The fields have bushels of corn left but not many deer eating in them. With most of the field within a couple miles tilled under I would have thought there would be a 100 deer a night hitting each of these fields. Or maybe there is not as many deer around as the DNR reports. I think these extended metro hunts along with allowing rifles in these areas need to go.

30-Jan-17
Dbl, the extended hunt harvest is so low it's hardly a drop in the bucket, but great extra opportunity for those archers (and crossbow users) with access. Are you saying they're allowing rifles during the extended hunt, too? Or do you mean in general in a former shotgun-only area during regular gun seasons? As for the cows in the corn, do you mean they ruined it and it wasn't harvested, or? Is it standing, chopped or?

31-Jan-17
Last hunt today and the deer won. They busted me. I was counting my chickens before they hatched.

31-Jan-17

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo
Tomorrow's breakfast for plenty of us.

• Sitka Gear