Babysaph 04-Apr-17
13-Jan-17

JayD's embedded Photo
JayD's embedded Photo
Bowyer just sent me a pic of it!!!

14-Jan-17
Wow, a real shorty. Just a bit of deflex on that riser. LOL

14-Jan-17
It's one of the little suckling recurves - advertised in Traditional Bowhunter Magazine. I have been wanting one for years - everyone who has them loves them.

14-Jan-17
Sweet buddy.

14-Jan-17
I saw a couple at the Denton Hill shoot a few years ago and they are surprisingly smooth to draw.

02-Feb-17
Cool . Anxious to see it shoot.

03-Apr-17
So with seeing these pics how much longer do you think it would take to get this bow done? LOL looks to me like it should not be taking this long to finish it up....

03-Apr-17
I don't claim to be bowyer, but I've built several presses and made several laminated bows over the years. Looks to me like a pro should be able to finish that one out in about an hour, spray it and have it off to the customer in a couple days.

You'd be surprised at all the horror stories about "custom" bowyers. Being late is not at all unusual and really pretty minor considering what can happen.

03-Apr-17
That's ridiculous. That bow should have been done a long time ago. I smell a rat.

03-Apr-17

Jim Casto Jr's Link
JayD,

I got curious about your dilemma, so I posted over on the LW, asking about bowyer horror stories. You may find it interesting--or not. :^)

Believe me... you're not alone.

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/tf/lw/thread2.cfm?forum=23&threadid=287336&messages=51&CATEGORY=9

Interestingly, I got a call from that bowyer, that's owed me a bow for six years, at 7 p.m. He said I'd have it this summer. Of course, he said I'd have it last summer, the summer before that, the summer before that and the summer..........

:^)

04-Apr-17
Thanks Jim!

04-Apr-17
Checks in the mail Jimmy. LOL

04-Apr-17
Every time I look at the pic of an almost completed bow - man oh man just is making me insane thinking it should be here. my hands are just itching for it!

04-Apr-17
It sure seems like bowyers have a lot of problems.

• Sitka Gear