buckmaster69 04-Apr-17
razorhead 04-Apr-17
Reggiezpop 04-Apr-17
Mike F 04-Apr-17
Crusader dad 18-Apr-17
Tweed 18-Apr-17
Trapper 24-Jul-17
21-Jan-17
Neverbait when you return, please use this thread for ALL of your comments. Anybody else that has the urge, here's your thread. Bowsite will be a better place.

21-Jan-17
Neverbait when you return, please use this thread for ALL of your comments. Anybody else that has the urge, here's your thread. Bowsite will be a better place.

21-Jan-17

21-Jan-17
I really hate it when people post the same thing 3 times. I heard i the first time. LOL

21-Jan-17
I am so sick and tired of emailing the DNR or their biologists and never getting a return on my questions. I thought they worked for us. I must be black listed. I not complaining about anything just wanted some questions answered. I'm so fed up with them I could vomit. I'll email to whomever because their directory is Horse S#@t and get a reply that my email was received and the question was sent on to the proper personnel. ------------- DELETE!

21-Jan-17
There you go BCD and Hoot, you got the idea.

21-Jan-17
I have one or two complaints I'd like to get off my chest. I live in a house with three boys and the boss. We out number her so I don't think it's fair that we have to put the seat down. It sucks that my 16 yr old son drives a car that's five years newer than mine. My wife always waits until I've sat down on the couch for the evening to tell me she needs gas in her car. And even though she still has a half tank, I must go now because she works a whole 2 miles from home and wouldn't want to run out. The deer I want to shoot are always in the spots I'm not allowed to hunt. My son got a new cat to replace the one I accidentally ran over and the stupid thing insists on playing acrobatic hockey with the dog food at 3 am throughout my entire house. Even though I'm the boss at work, I still get stuck with all the shitty jobs. No matter how hard I swing a golf club I still can't hit the ball past the old guys I play against. The fish are always on the opposite side of the lake that I'm on. The very first year we plan an out of state hunt ND is having an apoctolypic winter so there may not be any deer left alive for us. I'm not allowed to leave my ledger/estimate/appointment book on the counter for more than a day but my wife can leave the grocery list on the same counter the entire week. My dog sleeps with his ass against my head and gets mad when I try to move him. My garbage man tosses the garbage cans into the ditch instead of just setting them back up. I asked my son to help me for an hour at work today, he said he was too busy then turned around and asked to borrow $20 for gas. It was nice enough to golf today but I was stuck working. I was stuck working because my wife decided we needed more money and then dropped two days a month off of her work schedule because she wanted a three day weekend every other week. I'm losing the hair on my head at a faster rate than I can grow it on my face. I always have to be the DD. I can win millions of dollars playing free poker on my phone but I always lose against my buddies. Someone built a house across the street from mine so it ruined my sunrise view. Lake Michigan is too cold to swim in. Deer hunting is not that hard, just sayin. My kids yell at me for eating the treats from the pantry but I'm the one that pays for the food. I think my dogs love my wife more than me. My sons girlfriend makes fun of my car because her jeep is more manly than my Santa Fe.

Aside from those couple of things, I don't have much to complain about.

21-Jan-17
Gosh, It feels good to get rid the anger.

21-Jan-17
I have been able to get questions answered even late on a Sunday night.

Kent Van Horn, Randy Stark and so on have all answered questions well after hours.

22-Jan-17
Crusader's posts take too long to read.

Although, after reading your post on the Drinking in Moderation thread, I can see why the toilet seat up or down would be an issue.

Also I have a 20 year old blind and deaf cat that nightly picks 3:30 am to start howling, then vomiting (today was no exception). I wish Crusader would accidentally run it over. Please.

22-Jan-17
I found out it does no good to complain because no one listens anyway .

22-Jan-17
The NFC sucks.

Somehow the NFC went from being dominant to being subpar.

The Steelers could easily beat the Falcons but the better team the Pats will moo the floor in two weeks.

At least there's the trad shoot that weekend.

22-Jan-17
Tweed, after the way the Falcons played, I would not bet against them.

22-Jan-17
The better team won today, congrats to them,,,,, should be a good super bowl, like Aaron said , time to reload,,,,,,,, just think you could have the Vikings

22-Jan-17
They definitely were the better team.

The Packers have been lacking for a few years. Good team but never championship quality.

Let's get a defense to complement Aaron and we could really do something.

22-Jan-17
The worst part of the game in my opinion?........the way they played our National Anthem at the start!!!!!!

22-Jan-17
I don't care for the jazzed up version of the Anthem either...

23-Jan-17
That was our National Anthem?

23-Jan-17
Time for Capers and Thompson to hit the road.......That's the problem with having thousands of owners, the guy put in charge won't pull the trigger.

I don't care for the jazzed up version of the Anthem either......X2

23-Jan-17
Falcons look awful tough to beat and I'm tired of the Patriots and Tom Brady. NFC to win the superbowl this year.

Not crazy about the decision for 2 on-side kicks that had very little chance of success. Coaching was up and down this year in my opinion.

24-Jan-17
As a Packer fan the national anthem was the highlight of the game. The Packers didn't play anywhere near that good. Wonder if the saxophone guy could play defensive back or maybe be the defensive coordinator.

24-Jan-17
Crusader, nailed it down to a t! Lmao.

25-Jan-17
I read a story this morning that Iowa is trying to pass a bill that would eliminate funding for grief counslors that are in place to help grieving students from the results of the election. People are losing their minds about this bill saying it's unfair to the students. Are you freaking kidding me! Are we that soft that we need to hire extra grief counslors because your candidate didn't win. Get over it kidos, if Trump being elected messed your life up so bad you need to get counseling you are in for a rude awakening. I spent 8 yes in the military, 1yr in Iraq and could probably use some counseling some days. I have no problem with people getting help for their problems. In fact I think it says a lot about a person who is willing to admit the need help and seek it out. But this just takes it too far for me. Sorry rant over. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/16/suck-it-up-lawmaker-wants-to-cut-funding-for-schools-coddling-students-over-trump.html

25-Jan-17
Damn snow!

25-Jan-17
What snow? None here, must've went south.

25-Mar-17
My basement is currently flooding and my car wouldn't start this morning. My wife's on vacation and I know she's going to cry when she sees the damage upon returning home. Thanks for letting me vent fellas.

25-Mar-17
Sooo, my finished basement is pretty much ruined but I have insurance so I'll be ok. Just wanted to let anyone willing to listen know that my oldest son scored a 33 on the act. Pretty freakin proud right now! As good as he is at football and with that kind of score he is almost assured at a free ride to a D1 college! I don't have Facebook and had to tell someone so please forgive me.

26-Mar-17
Congrats to him, and you!

26-Mar-17
Congratulations to your son Crusader. Makes you as parents very happy and proud I'm sure!

26-Mar-17
Crusader - That's awesome! Sorry to hear about the basement and the car. Sometimes life hands us a pile and we just have to deal with it.

Look at it this way, no on got hurt, you can replace the stuff that got wrecked and your Son scored 33 on the ACT. Sounds like a great set of parents and an awesome family!

26-Mar-17
Thanks guys. He was hoping for a 30 so he's pretty happy himself. He plans to major in psych with a minor in crim justice. He has always dreamed of being a k-9/swat officer. We will have one smart cop protecting us in just a few short years! Now, I'll quit bragging on him and go work on my basement again. Roughly 15k in damage. The new sump pump has been installed, drywall is cut two feet up and fans are working hard to dry the studs.

26-Mar-17
Just a thought on replacing the drywall. When we built they used some sort of waterproof drywall on the bottom half of the walls. Might want to check into that. I also had them use spray foam for insulation.

Good luck!

26-Mar-17
It is the Masterbait thread. You spread your stench everywhere.

26-Mar-17
Burn in hell Michael Madigan & Democratic cronies for your unsustainable teacher, police & all outrageous IL state employee pension plans and your $15,000/year property tax bills for beat down 3BR/2BA shacks in DuPage County.

Also to ex wife AND her lying attorney. Please both of you do the world a favor and for once in your lives go get real living wage jobs instead of being full time parasites to us working folks. Also for all those of you who cannot resist your urge to put acid rock music at double volume totally ruining your YouTube hunting videos. Acid rock music has absolutely nothing to do with the woods/mountains and is exactly what I want to escape from when I go hunting. Peace and quiet PLEASE.

Thank you.

26-Mar-17
Neverbait.....I was going to type a message that was fowl and offensive, but you get off on that......

26-Mar-17
Master, my bet is you don't have a pot...

26-Mar-17
I am on Medicare but wife isn't and We have to pay $11,000 for health insurance with a $7000 deductible for Her. Before Obama Care it was $200 for very good insurance. That's my Rant

26-Mar-17
Neverbait, are you this much of a jerk in real life or is it just when you're hiding behind a computer screen?

Just sayin.........

26-Mar-17
Redclub, sounds more like your wife's company has terrible insurance.

26-Mar-17
My basement flooded in sep. Tore out all carpet and 2ft of drywall throughout basement. Insurance paid nothing. Will never put in carpet again, waterproof vinyl.

26-Mar-17
No, Mastercreep, whatever I have I extorted from you.

By the way, "Thanks!"

Just sayin...

26-Mar-17
Crusader dad.... yes he his.

26-Mar-17
Bit of a stench here. More excrement from masterbaiter.

26-Mar-17
Mike F, thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to seal the exposed studs with permaguard which is mold proof and then use the green mold resistant drywall. I'll prime the drywall with permaguard as well before I retexture and paint.

RJN, good choice. I'm going to do a custom stain job on my concrete floors and then put a clear epoxy over the top. I figure I can use it as an example and sell that to some of my higher end customers as an alternative for their garage floors. I will be able to charge top dollar for that. That's crummy that your insurance didn't pay anything. I hope that's not the case for me. I'll find out tomorrow and if they don't cut me a check I'll be back on here pissing and moaning.

26-Mar-17
My stand that was chained & locked to the tree was stolen from private land the 1st week on Nov. (land owner was shocked) Found out 2 weeks ago I need a 3rd hernia repaired but can't get it fixed for another 4 weeks to avoid ruining vacation plans with the wife, she only gets 1 week this year. 10lb weight restriction until 2nd week of June may cost me the 1st 2 weeks of muskie season. But as my Dad used to say: "growin' old ain't bad when ya consider the alternatives"

26-Mar-17
Redclub-

Don't even get me started on the fact that Obamacare is screwing every hard working person out there. Before Obamacare our insurance cost us $6500 a year plus $25 co pay, with a $2500 family deductible, max out of pocket $8000. Last year it cost $10000 with a $70 copay, individual deductible of $8000 family deductible of $10000, with a max out of pocket of just over $16400. And they lied about existing conditions. I have become numb to the bills that we get every month. I have to than k the hospitals everyone for working with us on paying the bills.

27-Mar-17
Adding my #'s up my damage comes to 16.5 k. My insurance max is 10k. They did cut me the check for 10k right away today but I'm still out $6,500. The destructive power of just a few inches of water is crazy.

28-Mar-17
Crusader

Running buddy had the same thing happen a decade ago. His replacement sump has a battery backup and sends a text when the water is too high.

This feature saved a second flood this fall when he was on vacation. He got a signal at midnight, he called me and I headed over to find the drain tubing had gotten plugged with ice.

Since this is a complain thread, I wish it had plugged up during the day because I was tired the next day.

28-Mar-17
I only moan while I piss when a stone passes.

28-Mar-17
River is flat calm, sun is out, walleyes are staging below the dams, and I'm at WORK! Doesn't get much worse.

28-Mar-17
southfarm - yeah it does worse. I had rotator cuff surgery yesterday and may not be able to draw a bow by the season. might not be able to bowhunt, it sucks. ...pls. excuse no caps, am typing one handed.

28-Mar-17
Bill I bet with your determination you hunt the rut. Do your therapy. Good luck.

28-Mar-17
south and woods, - sorry. did not mean to diminish your situations, just wanted to vent.

29-Mar-17
Hey, no problem. My rant was pretty superficial when you get right down to it...pretty much feeling sorry for myself because I'm not on the river is all.

30-Mar-17
hey woodsy,.....

good for you. glad you found a solution. that's one thing about us bowhunters, we tend to be a creative bunch. hope things go as well as your expectations seem to sound.

30-Mar-17

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
I took my 2016 truck in for a oil change on Tuesday, the computer needed 4 update's also. I was short on time so I didn't want to get the tires rotated but they somehow talked me into it anyways. After close to an hour and a half I was finally on my way, Well my joy was short-lived. 2 miles down the road the drivers side front tire came off which wedged in the wheel well for a bit before is started tumbling under my truck like a 3oo pound bear would. When it exited the back of the truck it bounced happily over the median and bounced into an oncoming minivan which it seemed to only increase its speed. Now the tire was bouncing 8-15 feet in the air depending on whatever obstruction it hit last. By now the tire was really picking up speed and was actually catching up to me as I was only coasting, (Did you realize you don't have brakes when you lose a tire) it now looked like the tire was on a direct course to bouncing into my rear window of the truck but luckily when it hit the curb it launched itself 15 feet up and hit the stoplight dead center which halted its progress. It fell straight down and spun like a top for like 30 seconds. Meanwhile, back in the truck, I went through the same set of stoplights with horns blaring and fingers being flipped by the unknowing. Did you know you still can travel 2 city blocks on 3 tires with the brake fully depressed? I finally wrestled it into the local Shopko without hitting the greenhouse, coffee shop or cart coral. You mean you have to tighten the lug nuts back up after you do a tire rotation! New quarter panel, drivers door, calipers, ball joints, wheel hub, brakes and wiring. I didn't get a chance to inspect the tire yet.

30-Mar-17
I bet if you fall over it will be tough to get back up with that thing still attached. Good luck though!

04-Apr-17
So I walk down to the rivers edge to stack up last weeks wind damage & a fisherman is landing about a 16 inch Brookie . < catch and release > The guy takes 2 min & 47 seconds to release the fish . And he kept it out of the water that long . I jump all over the guy explain how stupid the DNR is . Studies have shown the 38% of all Brookies caught & release die . They are a very delicate fish .

The guy gives me a Deer in the headlights look and wads away . Same I Q as the DNR .

04-Apr-17
You jumped all over a stranger that wasn't breaking the law because of a trout?

04-Apr-17
Life is a bowl of cherries. There is nothing to excited about. Just smile, and be happy to be alive. Have the blessings you have. Things can always be much worse. Just smile!!

04-Apr-17
Steve ... I like that

04-Apr-17
Ruger I did not realize the Prarie had an early season for trout catch and release.... Tweed I know Rugers passion, I am a trout fishermen, if your going to release it, since you have to now, for the early season, why would you even take it out of the water, just twist off the hook, while it is in the water.... Ruger good for you, what a moron,,,,,,,,

I hate the early release season, it should have stayed down in the southwest,,,,,

04-Apr-17
On the way back from range tonight, my 7 year old boy asked me what "sex" was and wanted to know if mommy and I do "sex" things. Definitely not ready for this!!!

04-Apr-17
Trapper- Glad no one got hurt, in your truck or by the bouncing tier.

I realized when Dad got sick not to let a lot of things get me down. Now with my wife's cancer we have to live like there is no tomorrow. Smile, laugh and make the most of it.

Even though you might get kicked in the nuts every once in a while, so what. Shake it off and try and out a smile on someone else's face today. Life is too short to be grouchy.

That doesn't mean that you can't chew someone a new butt hole every once in a while when they have it coming!!

18-Apr-17
spring golfing hasn't taken off my winter beer gut. My wife being a fitness fanatic just made me do a nine minute workout. (She does five of these every morning at 4 am). ...... After one I think I'm going to have another heart attack. I'm also thirsty now, does anyone have an ice cold beer? And is it ok if I skip work tomorrow because I think my legs are going to fall off?

18-Apr-17
Just work on your 12oz curls and tell her the key to happiness is contentment.

24-Jul-17
Just found out there is a maximum of 3 bear baits per tag in Michigan. I was planning on putting out 5-6. I need to find out how soon after I abort 1 that I can start another, I'm guessing as soon as the bait is cleaned up at the original.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear