upstatearcher 16-Feb-17
upstatearcher 16-Feb-17
C.Beck 18-Feb-17
24-Jan-17

upstatearcher's embedded Photo
October 4th 2016
October 4th 2016
Thought I would share my success from this past hunting season. I am a northern boy who hunts more public land than anything else. Chasing whitetails is my absolute passion and I actually enjoy the blood, sweat and tears involved in the search for MY next trophy. I was fortunate enough to put down a doe opening day of archery and three bucks that continued to top my personal best throughout the season. I thought I would share what has been by far my best hunting season. Possibly ever... For all those guys who lose their lease, say they have no place to hunt, it CAN be done. It takes work!

October 4th, 2016- 6pt 207lbs (MY heaviest buck to date) November 14th, 2016- 133" 170lb 8 pt (Best rack to date) OH public land November 25th, 2016- 136" 198.9lb 8pt (NOW my best rack to date)

Pictures, 2016 video summary attached

24-Jan-17

November 14th, 2016
November 14th, 2016

24-Jan-17

November 25th, 2016
November 25th, 2016

24-Jan-17

upstatearcher's Link
2016 Video

25-Jan-17
Congrats, nice bucks! When I first started reading, my thought was 3 bucks in NYS!! However, I figured out that you hunted another state or 2..

>>>>-------->

26-Jan-17
Thanks. The second buck was shot in Ohio. I hunted a lease for 4 days planning an additional 3 days on public after that. I took a trip out there over the summer and scouted out where I wanted to be and ended up killing my first day on public. I'm thinking I will save some money in 2017 and try my luck at it again.

27-Jan-17
Congrats!! That's a great season. You have obviously put in your time and scouted well. Well done!!

28-Jan-17
Wow! Great deer. Mad Dog

29-Jan-17
Love it. Congrats!! I hunted Wayne NF and Zalesky a few years back, it was beautiful. Which public area did you hit? ( not looking for exact spot) Was it crowded? Saw some good bucks too, some areas had heavy pressure and other spots devoid of people and any sign people hunted there much.

29-Jan-17
loved the video.Did you capture any shots on film?

29-Jan-17
congrads on those bucks, bowhunting is an addiction of sorts and never lessens for most of us....Tom

03-Feb-17
Congrats on a great season and I loved your video

03-Feb-17
Congrats on a great season and I loved your video

16-Feb-17
Thanks guys! C. Beck, We were in Coshocton County and YES it is loaded with out of state guys. I have been the last three years trying to catch the buck chase. I am considering going a little earlier next year to get there before the crowd.

Drslyr, I didn't get any kills on video this year. I am a very mobile hunter carrying my sticks, stand and equipment in and set up on almost every hunt. I love getting footage but when I get to the point where it frustrates me or I think I wont be able to get good film, I am not afraid to leave the camera at home. I'm no professional, I just do it for fun. Glad you all enjoy them as well. Ill continue to post more.

16-Feb-17

upstatearcher's Link
Here is last years video from Ohio.

16-Feb-17

upstatearcher's Link
Any my youtube channel. We have a few good turkey hunts on there.

18-Feb-17
Love the videos Upstatearcher!

• Sitka Gear