WausauDug 11-May-17
Live2hunt 11-May-17
orionsbrother 11-May-17
GoJakesGo 11-May-17
CaptMike 12-May-17
24-Jan-17

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
My son got a new job and can't join us in Manitoba this year we have room in the truck and an open tag if anyone want to join us, lots of references and pic

24-Jan-17
I hope you connect with a great hunter and a great guy. Best of luck to you guys.

25-Jan-17
Thanks onions brother, it's an incredible hunt had some great years in camp

25-Jan-17
Someone should grab this! I have my own hunt booked in Manitoba for myself and daughters, otherwise I'd jump on it. Manitoba has never disappointed, always a great bear hunt and lots of bears.

25-Jan-17
Good luck to your family capt Mike. Manitoba is one of my all time favorite hunts

26-Jan-17
Still no takers

26-Jan-17
Thanks Zebra, same to you.

27-Jan-17
Very interested. What are the dates and approximate cost.

27-Jan-17
FurReel may 12 we are headed up and be home the following Saturday $2500 just show up with hunting gear all inclusive

29-Jan-17
Tag is taken going to meet a new friend,thanks for taking a chance on me, it's going to me another awesome week in bear camp!

29-Jan-17
Good! Looking forward to hearing the story and seeing some bear pics.

06-Feb-17
Tag is still open other hunters couldn't get all stars to line up

06-Feb-17
I am guessing that might mean Canada would not let him in. Sad that Canada will let thousands move in that have little documentation on their past yet someone with a single OWI can't get in.

07-Feb-17
Wrong assumption and misleading conjecture. ~**~

07-Feb-17
Thanks hunt cell

07-Feb-17
Sorry about the bad assumption, I did say it was a guess and since the name was never posted I figured no harm if I was wrong. Just heard several stories about people being turned back at the border. I think there was a person in a bowsite group that ran into that last year or the year before last. I also was talking to a neighbor last week that said he was probably not going to be able to do a Canada hunt that he was thinking of doing in 2018, he is still checking to see if there is anything he can do in advance to get approval.

This was like 15 years ago, the year before Ontario did not have a spring bear hunt but we ended up with a top to bottom search of us and our vehicle simply because we said we were going bear hunting but did not have any guns with us. Guess they didn't believe we were using our bows.

As luck would have it we got another total search by Ontario game wardens on the way back because they had a tip someone was coming through with over limit of fish and they were waiting at the border for them and had nothing else to do but search us. They did compliment us on the excellent job of doing our own butchering, wrapping, and labeling.

07-Feb-17
Sometimes work schedules conflict a great opportunity. I talked several times with Zebra Killer and one couldn't ask for a more straight shooter of a man. I talked with the outfitter several times and he is also a down to earth guy that takes his operation VERY SERIOUS! I personally know people that have hunted with this outfitter in the past with GREAT SUCCESS! Someone will have a great time in bear camp with these folks. Maybe in the future the stars will align!!!

Thanks Zebra Killer for the opportunity.

07-Feb-17

07-Feb-17
The border can be a pain always be ready that is for sure!

07-Feb-17
I had a friend two years ago that they wouldn't allow because of a DUI. The DUI was when he was in the Navy some 45 years ago in Florida. He didn't even remember it until they called him on it. They called him or sent him a card saying he could enter in as they did a search and found he's been a police officer for the past 30 years and also took a course right after he got his ticket. By the time this all came to rest the guys were already there. He told them in a not so politely way no thanks.

25-Feb-17
I still have this open tag , I can work out a deal if someone is on fence of going on a bear hunt to Manitoba

25-Feb-17
Thanks FuReel I am honest about the hunt and I really would like to have all hunters experience all the good hunts I have had over the years,

25-Feb-17
If I wasn't going to Missouri again this fall I would be all over this. Hope you fill the spot.

25-Feb-17
These are the hunts guys like me dream of. Then, we realize even though we haven't had a drop of alcohol in 14 years, DUI's from even longer than that put you on Canada's death row!

25-Feb-17
Yup.... I got "deported" from Canada a few years ago for a DUI from when I was 20.

The border guards also stole some of my stuff and made mention of wanting to drown everyone in Toronto. We contacted their administration, who apologized and supposedly reprimanded the officers.

25-Feb-17
I'll also add that supposedly George W. had to get special permission enter while president because of an old DUI too

28-Feb-17
Tag is spoken for ! good luck!!!!!!!!!!

28-Feb-17
Funny thing is, I had a DUI in 1985. I had 12 trips ice fishing in Canada from 1990 through 2002. In 2001 they pulled us in for a check and even ran all of our drivers licences. They never mentioned my DUI. Is there a time limitation on that?

28-Feb-17
In case anyone is wondering I am the one going on the bear hunt with Zebrakiller's group. Sounds like a chance to get a nice bear and hunt with a good guide service and partners. One of the things that is cool about this hunt is that you can also shoot a wolf but only if it is shot before you shoot your bear. One extra reason to hold out for a nice bear.

28-Feb-17
Congrats Jeff! I expect a bear thread from you two in the future!

28-Feb-17
Glad to hear that it's coming together. I hope you guys have a great hunt and post up a bunch of pics and a story.

Since Jeff is going, you should be able to trade some good Sven and Ole jokes during the ride too.

While you guys are up there, pic up some Lamb's Navy Rum. Good stuff that you can't get here. But only bring a bottle or two. I brought a case back for my wedding. Did all of my homework first. Declared it at the border and had my paperwork and money to pay the IRT, but it was the middle of the night and the border guard was flustered and having difficulty figuring out the paperwork. He couldn't reach anyone on the phone to help him with the paperwork. In spite of my being polite, respectful and calm, he told me that I shouldn't cross the border again with rum when he's working. I didn't ask how I was supposed to comply with that direction.

Now, when my buddies come down for hockey tournaments etc., I have them bring a bottle. Last year, I met them in Trego for the hand-off like it was something clandestine.

Some Lamb's would go well with a bear roast smothered in mushrooms!

Have fun!

28-Feb-17
I don't know how much internet or cellular access we will have at camp. It is a ways up into the boonies. I will be talking to the guide later today and will ask. I know I could not access his web site a few days ago because his data limit had been reached. A week without internet might be a good thing anyway.

Because I bear hunted WI last fall, and should draw a MN bear tag this fall I had been waffling about taking this opportunity since the day Zebra posted it. I am retired so time is not a factor and I finally realized that I would regret it later if I didn't go.

Sven and Olie jokes?

28-Feb-17
Just bring us up to speed with the stories and pics after the fact. Don't take time from your hunt to juggle that stuff.

Don't even tell me you're lacking Sven and Ole jokes, Jeff.

28-Feb-17
Good luck Jeff. I am sure you will have a great time!

28-Feb-17
Jeff - The best of luck on your bear hunt.

28-Feb-17
I just talked to the guide, his internet service is in town which is a ways away from camp. I guess there is some cellular access via plugging into an amplifier. Also bummer news is that now the ability to shoot a wolf is only in the fall.

About that Lamb's Navy Rum, guessing we should buy that on the way up.

28-Feb-17
The wolf would've been a cool addition if the opportunity arose, but that would've been a bonus. It sounds like you'll have a chance at a good bear, meet some good people and have an adventure. Crappy or nonexistent cell service is a benefit as far as I'm concerned.

Just remember that since Zebra is driving, you can kill the biggest bear in camp, but you might want to throw a few games of cribbage if you play at night.

If you get a nice bear down, that dark Lamb's Navy is smooth enough to pour a couple of fingers into a glass and sip straight.

If you get a bear early, can you fish as well?

01-Mar-17
Glad you are joining us Jeff we will have a great time! thanks for your interest and I hope you get awesome bear!

01-Mar-17
I used to play cribbage at work during lunch break but now I don't really play cards at all. Arthritis is so bad in my fingers that I can hardly hold a card, plus I was never good at any card games.

Cribbage reminds me of gun deer camp almost 50 years ago. Two guys would be playing cribbage every day when dad and I left camp to hunt. When we got back at the end of the day they were playing cribbage. I always wondered if they ever left camp. They always said they hunted here and there but who knows. I think they only ever shot one little buck that barely made 3 inches.

Yes lack of cell phone access might very well be a good thing. My daughter has spent over a year in Seattle and would go up into alaska and canada on camping/hiking adventures. She said you had to watch if your phone was on a Canada cell tower because those were expensive minutes. They would have the more powerful signal and her phone would lock on them without knowing so she usually turned her phone off.

07-Apr-17
We have another spot open , one fella got in bad car accident and broke his legs and will under go surgery and will not make trip so if any interest give me a shout.

07-May-17
Only 5 days till we head for Manitoba. I am getting fired up for it. Sounds like the bears are pounding the baits. I meet Zebrakiller and the rest of the clan at 4:45 AM Friday at Treefarm's house near Baldwin. (leaving my truck there)

07-May-17
Good luck to you & the entire crew. Hope you all have a safe and successful hunt.

07-May-17
Good luck to you & the entire crew. Hope you all have a safe and successful hunt.

07-May-17
Jeff - The best of luck to all of you. Anxious to see some bear pic's!

07-May-17
Hey Jeff, I know you have been very excited about this hunt, hunt hard and most of all, have fun. If possible, send pics and updates. Give me a call when you get back we will set up a time to pick up those poly carts.

07-May-17
Good luck and have fun. We leave on June 2nd, leave some for us!!

07-May-17
Thanks all.

Capt Mike, are you going to the same camp? If so I will mark your bear with a blaze orange scarf around his neck so you can see him. Maybe paint his vital spot with some orange paint too.

07-May-17
No Jeff, we are headed up to Snow Lake, with Wekusko Falls lodge. The bear hunting is as good as the fishing! Too bad, that orange paint sure wouldn't hurt!

10-May-17
Capt Mike, I will give him a map to your bait site and tell him there is lots of good food and sexy sows there.

10-May-17
Jeff, much appreciated! Have a great time on your hunt!

11-May-17
We leave tonight ! will update when we return, good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

11-May-17
good luck guys, I hope you see some great bears

11-May-17
Good luck to you two.

11-May-17
Good luck guys!! Looking forward to seeing pictures and following whatever after action stories you post. Drive safely. Hunt safely. Laugh your azzes off when not in the stand.

11-May-17
Good luck guys! Can wait to hear the stories. How easy is It to return to the US with harvested animals?

12-May-17
Coming back into the country with a bear is very easy. Have never had a problem with it.

• Sitka Gear