Chris S 14-Feb-17
Wildlife Posse 14-Feb-17
Wildlife Posse 14-Feb-17
Ridge Runner 14-Feb-17
MF 14-Feb-17
Ridge Runner 14-Feb-17
Wildlife Posse 14-Feb-17
26-Jan-17
We had a hunter call last night and said he didn't pull a tag, but his points changed.

26-Jan-17
"but his points changed" Changed as added a point or subtracted points? I still think its way to early to confirm anything.

26-Jan-17
MF - He told Art he had a point added. Not sure if he knows what's going on or not.

26-Jan-17
Well if he had a point added, then he didn't make the cut. Funnier things have happened though. I once had a hunter back in the late 80s draw back to back years. He said he called and notified the DNR and they said well your one lucky guy, let him keep his tag.

27-Jan-17
MF - Friend of mine emailed me this morning and said he also had a pointed added. I never try to figure out their drawing system anymore for anything.

27-Jan-17
ya, it sometimes doesn't make sense when one guy gets a tag with 6 points and another doesn't with 7.

27-Jan-17
MF - If you ever figure out their drawings please let me know as it just baffles me sometimes.

27-Jan-17
Talked to the DNR today and the lady to me that as soon as they receive your application they apply it to your points and then if you draw a tag, then they will take your points away. She seemed to know what she was talking about but who knows?

27-Jan-17
Unless they just changed this. This is what has happened in the past, lets say you already have 6 points, you apply for a kill tag, that, what would have been your 7th point was never applied if you drew a tag, (visually you wouldn't see it) all your points would be gone and you start back to 0. If you didn't draw your tag then that 7th point was added later on.

27-Jan-17
It sparked my curiousity. I'm non res applied for zone B tag with 9 points. My folder now reflects 10 points 4 bobcat and 2 wolf if that ever comes back.

Not sure if it now goes to the draw weighted with my 10th year point or that it reflects not being drawn and assigned a concellation point.

Can't find any clarification will call dnr Monday.

27-Jan-17
The points have been upgraded for awhile. Mine has had one more than I had before I sent my app in for at least 2 weeks. I do not think it's any indication of whether a person has drawn or not.

27-Jan-17
RutnStrut..... That's the way it should be so there's misunderstanding. It was not done like that in the past.

27-Jan-17
Chris - You'll have a wait for the bobcat harvest tag, at least in the north country. Ten points for me and still haven't drawn for late season.

31-Jan-17
CLARIFICATION: I called and talked to dnr today. When you apply wether you applied for kill tag or bonus point it immediately shows as an additional point in your folder.

NEXT: When the lottery takes place ( in the next 2/3 weeks he said) you will go in with this years application point applied to your application. If you draw a tag you will go back to 0 or will remain at the number you put in for this year.

EXAMPLE : This makes since I have put in 9x for points and this year I put in for harvest tag so I should go in with 10 points instead of last years accumulated 9 points . My application was in zone B which had a minimium point application of 10 years last year which means I am on threshold if I actually get a tag.

GOOD LUCK and BE SAFE

31-Jan-17

01-Feb-17
As of this morning the draw is not done yet. ChrisS, if I recall correct. Only 11 people with 10 points drew last year. They have been talking an increase in tags. Along with this being a dog first year. 10 may again be the magic number. In 2015 50% of the people with 9 pts drew. Soon, very soon!

01-Feb-17
Chris is right on the process- they add a point- then do a draw with that amount of points. This is how they did it last year as well. that way you end up with zero points if you draw and whatever amount of points if you don't. Activity on the site is good news- hopefully we get the draw fairly quick I noticed that they like to do the draw on Fridays. I'm wondering if that wont happen this Friday, rather than next. I guess by doing it on Friday they can allow more time on the downloads? It must take a few days for everything to show up. Not sure- Good luck everyone, at least there are a few more tags this year to up the odds slightly.JIM

03-Feb-17

04-Feb-17
Why are my replies not showing up?

04-Feb-17
So I understand that know one knows when the drawing will take place I have gotten four different answers from the dnr.Anyone have any insight to this lol

05-Feb-17
Only four different answers is below their standard. LOL I've already gotten three different dates from them when the next CDAC meeting is for our county.

05-Feb-17
Well then guess we're right on schedule then huh Hoot

05-Feb-17
Hoot. Look it up on the CDAC page. When your county picks a date, it will be posted. There are only two weeks to pick from.

05-Feb-17
I checked the CDAC site and there was no dates listed so I emailed her and got three different emails back with three different dates. I'll be out of town and wanted to see if their date conflicted with mine when I'll be gone.

05-Feb-17
I bet there coming out Feb 15th

05-Feb-17
I am not expecting to get a tag this year in zone ç.theres alot of people for the amount of tags available.But one can always hope.

05-Feb-17
I am not expecting to get a tag this year in zone ç.theres alot of people for the amount of tags available.But one can always hope.

05-Feb-17

05-Feb-17
Sorry about that don't know why it kept posting that

05-Feb-17
They call you "Three Times" lol

05-Feb-17
Lol

07-Feb-17
If any of you are at the Wausau show this weekend, stop by and say hello. I'm working the Northwoods Bear products booth.

07-Feb-17
Just checked with the DNR and they have NOT drawn for kill tags yet.

07-Feb-17
Never understood that.the deadline to enter for a tag is December 10 how hard is it to do the drawing with today's computer technology they could of had it done on the 11th

07-Feb-17
Ya Waiting to see if my brother drew a tag and I have to finish picking my vacation.Work at a place where we have to do all our vac picks by the 2nd week of Feb.Only allowed 1 off after Sep 3 so either take it now or risk some one else taking it.If he doesn't draw I really don't want that week.Could cancel but by then another prime week of vac for bow-hunting will gone. Just wish they could do the draw a little earlier.I understand they have to know how many tags they are going to issue, just my input.

07-Feb-17
Most zones you can pretty accurately predict whether you will get your tag or not. If you are on the bubble but it's critical to know such as for planning vacation, just apply for a point that year and you will be guaranteed the following year. It's not that hard. Look at all the states that don't draw for hunts until late spring or early summer.

07-Feb-17
Yeah but when you know the draw is late spring is one thing but when the draw is normally in February every year you should already have the number of tags that your going to issue before then just saying but Everytime you ask DNR a question you get 4 different answers

07-Feb-17
Wildlife Posse - They present their quota to the NRB in late Jan. and once they approve it the tags are drawn shortly thereafter. I hear ya on the different answers though, drives me crazy sometimes. We've had a couple of hunters call and said their points have gone to zero.

On another note, I'm not real crazy about the DNR stopping the bear population study using tetracycline and collecting rib samples. This population study proved how flawed the DNR bear population estimates were a few years back when they said we had a population close to 20,000 when in reality it was closer to 35,000. I talked with our biologist about why they went away from that study and the reasoning was other animals may ingest the tetracycline. I called a bear biologist at Stevens Point that said he was surprised they had gone away from that population study and said he doubted any tetracycline would really harm any other critters. Also, the DNR is working to update its bear management plan and a draft may be available in 2018. I'm wondering what that will possibly involve.

07-Feb-17
I hear ya hoot here in Florida they conduct bear surveys with bait stations and barb wire.they collect hair caught on the barb wire and DNA test it.problem is they got 300000 samples and only tested 10 percent and some areas of the state they didn't even have survey sites and say we only have 5000 bears is an understatrment

08-Feb-17

08-Feb-17
Hoot-

The stoppage of the tetracycline was the DNR bowing to the anti's again.....

They are afraid of hurting someone's feelings, other than the hunters that pay their wages.

08-Feb-17
The first study showed we had way more bear. Second contradicted the first and said we don't.

I do think a 3rd is needed just to give credit to the study and give a somewhat confident results.

08-Feb-17
In zone A is 8 points likely for a tag, and what is the latest word on the drawing date?

08-Feb-17
8 is guaranteed in A. 6 is likely.

08-Feb-17
Thanks, any new word on the draw date?

08-Feb-17
Soon, they never really give out a date. I would say next week at the latest.

09-Feb-17

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Last years minimuims

09-Feb-17

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Last years minimuims

12-Feb-17
I just got back from the Wausau Show and after talking with hunters, non of them have any idea if they drew a harvest. Most said when they called numerous times they all had different answers about when the draw was or is. I'm not sure if the DNR Go Wild people even know WTF is going on. Some very disgruntled hunters trying to figure out vacation time, guides, etc.

13-Feb-17
DT - If my memory serves me right, the first study was more or less done independently and the second the DNR mainly involved. As far as dealing with the DNR on the second test including myself and others it was a real head scratcher by the way they conducted it at least around this part of the state.

13-Feb-17
Hoot- I was also involved in the second study. The spring was late and bears had not come out of their dens yet when I was told to pull my baits.

13-Feb-17
wacem - Same here. I told them the bears were late, but they told me to do the paper work and return the bait boxes as if I left them out it would screw up the population study. I returned the bait boxes and paper work. A week later I received an email saying leave the boxes out as the bears are running late. WTF! Too late for that! They never listen to the guys that are out in the woods.

14-Feb-17
my points just went to zero

14-Feb-17
Congrats to all of you that are about to find out if you drew a tag this year. I want to give my total recommendation to "Northern Wisconsin Outfitters". I have spent the last two seasons in the NWO camp and can't say enough good things about the job that Robert and Mike do. Two years ago my 17 year old son drew a tag and we had a great father son hunt, he would have gotten a giant bear if he could have shot straight but was still a proud and successful bear hunter when all was said and done. Last year my brother in law and I drew tags and knew immediately that NWO was who we were going to go with. We had a great time and both ended up successful in the end. This year my brother and a friend just found out that they drew tags and will also be heading up to hunt with NWO and Robert and Mike. If anyone has any question about our hunts I would be glad to share anything you want .

Congrats again to all who drew tags Mark Baryenbruch

14-Feb-17
Wife got hers for B

14-Feb-17
I drew D with 7 points, will hunt with my bow after my hunters are all done. Should be another fun year. we let a bunch walk last year.

14-Feb-17
I got drawn for C. Not as exciting as it used to be since we have so many other "hunters" that just try to find other people's baits and set up one nearby.

14-Feb-17
Mark B "I want to give my total recommendation to "Northern Wisconsin Outfitters". Thanks for the kind words, Rob & I are very excited to get things going again.

14-Feb-17

Chris S's embedded Photo
This is the email response I got today from the administrator he said drawing is tomorrow the 15th.
Chris S's embedded Photo
This is the email response I got today from the administrator he said drawing is tomorrow the 15th.

14-Feb-17
After receiving this email I went to post on bowsite and saw that draw may have occurred. My bear points now reflect zero.

I applied for Zone B with 10 points as nonresident. So I guess I'm good?

Not sure if everyone at dnr is on the same page.

14-Feb-17
Well so far my points haven't changed

14-Feb-17
Well guess I did not draw a tag this year.Hard to believe couldn't get a tag in zone ç so I will concentrate on knocking down some Wisconsin deer.was really hoping to make the trip up there a little bit more worth while

14-Feb-17
Just a question Does a non resident have the same chance to draw as a resident

14-Feb-17
"Just a question Does a non resident have the same chance to draw as a resident' YES

14-Feb-17
Thanks Mike

14-Feb-17
The DNR says the results are not finalized but should be done in a couple of days.realistically if it's not showing me drawing a tag now what's the chances that will change in the next couple of days?????

• Sitka Gear