Hunterrif 31-Jan-17
bigbuckbob 01-Feb-17
Hunterrif 01-Feb-17
bigbuckbob 01-Feb-17
Big D 01-Feb-17
GF 02-Feb-17
Hunterrif 02-Feb-17
31-Jan-17
Hey guys I recently got invited on a fallow deer hunt this is 100% new for me I'm debating weather to use a bow or not I'm a pretty decent shot but I know nothing about these animals so if anyone knows anything about them and has hunted them advice would be great.

01-Feb-17
Are you going to a high fence ranch in the U.S.? Only a couple of very small herds in parts of the USA.

01-Feb-17
Yea unfortunately yes it is a ranch I normally would never hunt at a place like that but my mentor from where I used to live invited me so I feel like I have to go not that it won't be super fun.

01-Feb-17
Ranches have their place, nothing to be ashamed about. It's the guys that only hunt ranches and try to come off as great hunters because they shot a 400" elk or a 200" whitetail.

Have fun and enjoy the experience, but more importantly enjoy the time spent with someone who sounds like gave you a lot! Let us know you make out.

01-Feb-17
I hear it's very tasty meat!

02-Feb-17
I'd go in a heartbeat if I had a solid invite and whatever cash was necessary... Would I consider it the pinnacle of my hunting career? Nope, but a Hunt is what you make of it.

So I guess I'd have to qualify my "in a heartbeat" stance.... I just booked a flight to Austin last night for work and I wouldn't pay that kind of money to sit in an outhouse and shoot over a baitpile for... Well, not for ANYTHING, unless I stood to come out cash-flow positive on the whole deal...

But OTOH... If I could spend a few days sneaking around in the scrub with my new-to-me longbow in hand... or even my favorite old recurve...

Yeah, man!

02-Feb-17
If anyone knows any good websites about hunting them that would be great.

• Sitka Gear