Dennis Razza 02-Feb-17
Joe The Teacher 02-Feb-17
hawk-eye 02-Feb-17
RC 03-Feb-17
Rut Nut 03-Feb-17
DanWesson357 03-Feb-17
01-Feb-17

meatus's Link
Ugh, Get ready for spray and pray fellas, this aint good!

01-Feb-17
Yup, it is not. I am not for one to fan the flames of anti's nor do I play into the restriction realm, however. They way this was pursued, fast tracked and pushed through reminds me of another not so long ago decision that had nothing to do with management or an outcry for inclusion. This smacks of cash driving sales. Sales in their magazine, more sales in Pa. and more importantly, the inclusion will let those "commando's" loose in the woods. Pull that trigger as fast as possible, hope I hit something and repeat in an even faster fashion. But, some will say, the sun will rise tomorrow, the world will not end and we will all be here to enjoy it. But spraying and praying a patch of woods with high powered rifles as fast as possible with little regard to anything but hitting brown. Yup, all is groovy in da woods.

01-Feb-17
This really doesn't have anything to do with bowhunting.

01-Feb-17
Phil don't some hunters choose to use archery equipment during the gun season?? Yup, sure do so it sure as H3ll pertains to bow hunting, sorry to burst your bubble!

01-Feb-17
I ordered an AR15 yesterday. Got three 5 round clips for buck season and a 30 round clip for squirrel season. Stay out of the woods meatless if ya don't like it.

01-Feb-17
LoL....Guess I'm gonna be asked to edit my response because I used a biblical name about a place we go to if we don't lead a good life. AR's? Automatic Rifles model 15? lol Sarcasm.

01-Feb-17
Much ado about nothing....

01-Feb-17
Glad I live in Allegheny county.

01-Feb-17
I'm surprised Phast Phinger Phil just didn't pull this thread about guns. And asked for everyone's opinion on it, WOW!

Phil are you getting soft? :)

Bill V

01-Feb-17
Awesome! Is this in effect now?

01-Feb-17
Why, Stew? Semis are already legal in Allegheny Co. and you didn't notice ANYTHING different, did you? Seriously, 5 shorts run off out of a semi with a magazine or more than that run through a pump or lever action? Person still isn't aiming too well after the first shot, no matter what. I'll be going to Trout's in a couple months to look for a used recurve or longbow to go the complete opposite direction for my hunting but still, semi's don't bother me like some of ya'll!

01-Feb-17
If you bowhunt in the Special Regs areas during the gun season, you already dealt with semi-auto shotguns shooting slugs. It's no big deal. And this spray & pray stuff is just hollywood style bs.

01-Feb-17
Meatus, go read the forum rules that you agreed to follow when you registered here. You'll find that this forum is for bowhunting topics. Not gun topics.

01-Feb-17

Bowhunting 5C's embedded Photo
Bowhunting 5C's embedded Photo
Bob, if you ever spent time in the northern tier and seen the "brown it's down" crew, you would understand the concern. It is more like this...

01-Feb-17
BOWSITE?

01-Feb-17
Justgrad25 big difference between rifles and slug guns to me. I will still be out with my longbow. When you go to Trouts buy one of my bows!

01-Feb-17
Just because they are approved doesnt mean they will be implemented for deer or bear. Take a breath:) It would be alot easier for the progressive Gov to regulate/prevent/limit "assault style" semis if they WERENT acceptible hunting weapons.

01-Feb-17
Dale, not one commissioner voted no. This will pass as written at next meeting. Will be legal for deer and bear. Won't hurt a thing, I'll be buying one for yotes.

01-Feb-17
and Stew, Semi automatic shotguns have been legal for years in Allegheny county.

01-Feb-17
Yes I know, I have had one for years. My choice not to use it.

01-Feb-17
It is indeed your choice. I never used one either, just a pump mossberg.

01-Feb-17
Yes they are available to use, it hasnt been approved until April for what seasons.

01-Feb-17
Your incorrect Dale. They voted on all of it, including the pheasant stamp, no late season grouse, overlap archery bear season with deer. All commissioners voted yes. Now it is open to discussion until next meeting. It will pass as written at next meeting. They set caliper restrictions and mag limits as well. It's pretty much a done deal. They put in a Sunset provision for the year 2020 as well.

01-Feb-17
Bill V. Seems there has been a subtle transitioning from an archery only site to an all weapons site for a while. Check out Pat's coyote thread on the main bowsite.

01-Feb-17
Pat has permitted coyote threads whether gun or bow killed for quite a few years. Also gun kills by kids are permitted. His site, his rules.

But any other discussion about guns is not permitted. I would appreciate everyone respecting that rule.

02-Feb-17
It doesn't matter too much to me Bob. in fact, it opened the door to poke Phil for a moment :)

bill v

02-Feb-17
Enough gun talk. I think the overlap with Bear during the last week of Deer archery was a great idea!

02-Feb-17
I just saw that Bourbonator! Just started a new thread! ;-)

02-Feb-17

02-Feb-17

Joe The Teacher's Link

02-Feb-17
I have a 30 arrow back quiver for my semi- auto long bow, it shoots one arrow every time I release.

03-Feb-17
Hawk-eye, who counted em for ya?

03-Feb-17
LOL Mike! :)

03-Feb-17
This is excellent news. I am totally in favor of this ruling.

• Sitka Gear