Teeton 03-Feb-17
Jeff Durnell 03-Feb-17
DanWesson357 05-Feb-17
Rut Nut 07-Feb-17
Bowhunting 5C 07-Feb-17
X-Master 07-Feb-17
02-Feb-17

Rut Nut's Link
FINALLY! We get to bowhunt Bears and Deer at the same time STATEWIDE!!!!!!!!

02-Feb-17
BLACK BEAR (Statewide) Archery: Oct. 30-Nov. 4. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

02-Feb-17
It's a great idea! We've got a couple running around where I hunt. Might just luck into one! Never know!

02-Feb-17
Finally!

02-Feb-17
Well, I guess I know what week I am taking off next season! ;-)

02-Feb-17
Archery bear is like a needle in a haystack. Don't understand why they don't make archery bear season open any time archery deer is open?

Realistically, there might be an additional 20-30 bears killed with archery gear in the entire state? I can't see how this would affect the overall bear harvest or health of the bear population.

02-Feb-17
herd, I think you underestimate the # on this one, by quite a bit. Just in my circle, I know of 4 or 5 guys that could have taken a black bear during archery season, ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION this past year. I know one that could have taken a bear on at least 8 hunts.

02-Feb-17
I believe the estimated # could run as high as 450 bears. I seem to remember hearing the state came up with an amount in the 400"s

bill V

02-Feb-17
Oh God, are you guys gonna boo hoo in this thread too? Whine whine whine is about all ya ever see in here.

And gun threads:)

02-Feb-17
I am sure the amount of resources they need to allocate to a longer season might have something to do with it. Check stations, and man power?

02-Feb-17
Good news!

02-Feb-17
They never had check stations for archery bear before. Why can't we just celebrate what we got? Took over 20 years just to get it in the first place. Moving it into regular archery season for a week is pretty huge to me. Give it a while and see what happens.

02-Feb-17
Ok, who are you and what did you do with Ron?

03-Feb-17
LOL!

I'm with Art! THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

03-Feb-17
I fully support the move, by the way.

03-Feb-17
I guess for you guys that actually have bears in your neck of the woods it is. Unless one of them takes a Septa bus down to 5D or lower 5C, I am sure I will never need to buy a tag.

03-Feb-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
It is for ME! ;-)

03-Feb-17
this is great, something that makes sense.

03-Feb-17
Wait, hold your horse's, Why the second last week and not the last????? :) Does this mean I can hunt deer, turkey and bear at the same time??

03-Feb-17
Good. Stalking bears in archery season that I'm not allowed to shoot has been exciting, but frustrating.

05-Feb-17
Yes this is a great decision. Here in 5 B I had my bear tag and we could harvest a bear during the entire archery season. Not likely as there are not many bear in 5B but I had one on my trail camera where I hunted. Never saw it during the season though.

07-Feb-17
The longer bear season in the suburban areas are to cut down on human/bear conflicts. Talked to a WCO down in 5C a couple years ago. He said many bears in the poconos (especially young males looking for their own range) head down towards the Lehigh Valley. He said the Blue Mountain was a major travel route for bears from Harrisburg to the NJ line. Said the bears would drop down into 5C looking for food and/or new home range.

07-Feb-17
I got to say, all the years I have hunted in 5C I have never seen one, however there was a report of one many years ago on Limerick golf course, so it is possible. It one showed up here, he would get hunted hard.

07-Feb-17

X-Master's embedded Photo
X-Master's embedded Photo
This guy made it through the season and yes the date is right. Looking forward to maybe running into him this fall.

• Sitka Gear