Chuck>>>--------> 03-Feb-17
Cranial Vault 03-Feb-17
jax2009r 03-Feb-17
ROBZ7 03-Feb-17
Gene 03-Feb-17
Chuck>>>--------> 03-Feb-17
02-Feb-17

Ace's Link
Just an FYI, I started a thread on the main board about applying for the Maine and New Hampshire moose lottery. My link will take you there, There are links on that thread to buy chances for those hunts in NH and ME. VT isn't open yet but will be in early April. FYI, Vermont has both regular and archery only tags.

The chances of drawing are pretty slim, but it doesn't cost much to apply, and if you draw and shoot a moose, you'll get some of the best tasting meat you have ever eaten. These are hunts that you can drive to, so you can bring back all the meat, and you can do them DIY if you want to.

GOOD LUCK!

02-Feb-17
Ace - thanks for the links, very cool. However, this is not a DIY hunt,.... this is a DIWF hunt (Do It With Friends) since the size of the animal you're taking is FAR too big for a do it yourself hunt :)

You're right!! The meat is delicious!! When we went to New Brunswick the camp owner would serve us moose burgers and steaks out in the woods for lunch. I can still remember the smell of the butter and onions coming through the woods as we drove the ATV to the lunch site. Man was that good!

02-Feb-17
I had moose steaks last night a friend went to Canada, they are big and good too .

02-Feb-17
I apply every year.....some day

03-Feb-17
Start applying AND DON'T STOP...if you skip a year you lose your points. I haven't skipped a year in Maine since I started applying in 2002 or 2003. I have to sit out one more year before I can start applyuing to NH again after being drawn in 2014. And I only have 3-4years into VT. Really hoping for Maine to come through

03-Feb-17
I was in the nh lottery from day one max points 16 years vested missed one and done .

03-Feb-17
I'm looking into doing a moose hunt and I'm under the impression If you going into Canada there's no lottery you just by a license and tag and either get a guide or diy. Anyone here even done that?

03-Feb-17
Depends where in Canada Chuck. In New Brunswick, they have a draw, (but of late also some outfitter tags). In Newfoundland, you can get guaranteed tags, In some areas (Quebec maybe) you actually need 2 tags for 1 moose. In most places in Canada, you must hire a guide, but I believe that there a few places in Ontario where you can go self (or semi guided).

03-Feb-17
I did see you needed 2 tags in Quebec, just didn't understand why. I'd be inclined to do my first moose hunt with a guide anyways to have a better chance at success considering the time and money investment.

03-Feb-17
Got drawn year 2 in Maine. Shot a cow which dressed at 675lbs. Now I only put in for "Bull only" pulls and going on year 5.... LUCK of the draw...nothing more. It's a lottery for a reason.

03-Feb-17
16 years straight for maine...nothing

03-Feb-17
What's zones should I apply for ? Is it worth paying up to get more points ? Been thinking about doing this for a while

03-Feb-17
I had applied to Maine for years and was late one time and lost all of my accumulated points. Needless to say, I was not too happy about it and haven't applied to Maine since. I have 13 points going into this years NH moose drawing and the same amount of points going into the PA elk drawing. Also started applying to VT a few years ago. I was drawn as an alternate in NH a few years back but being alternate 30 something I did not get a tag.

03-Feb-17
Cranial, about how much meat did you get from the cow moose

• Sitka Gear