Scooby-doo 05-Feb-17
workingman 05-Feb-17
Garrett 11-Feb-17
kscowboy 12-Feb-17
Charlie Rehor 12-Feb-17
Scooby-doo 12-Feb-17
Habitat1 13-Feb-17
02-Feb-17
Hello, I am looking for feedback about a item that I developed and built. I am from SD, I have bow hunted for 40yrs. I developed a round bale blind that requires no tools, takes approx. 30 mins. to set up and weighs less than 30 lbs. I hunted out of it last fall and it stood up extremely well to our SD wind. I am just looking to see if there is a need or a market for this item. Thanks for reading.....look forward to hearing your comments.

02-Feb-17
Show us a pic

02-Feb-17
I'm like to see a picture, does it collapse down for easy transport ??

03-Feb-17
Like the others have asked. Do you have more information. Size, ease of transport, cost and pictures. I think there would be some interest from a lot of guys if it was portable enough and durable.

03-Feb-17
I would be very interested as well. The issue for me now is cost and they are not very portable. $600 is a lot to spend for a blind that essentially stays in one spot most of the season. Shawn

03-Feb-17
There are already a number of them out there on the market now, in different price ranges from about $120 on up. If you can build them to order and not invest a bunch up-front, then you should give it a go if you have a better mousetrap. You will need to invest in advertising and promotion, trade show booths, etc.., none of which is inexpensive. Otherwise it's really tough to get established with the Cabelas, Bass Pros, Walmarts, etc.. when they are already carrying a similar product.

I have a friend who developed a unique "better mousetrap" portable blind and decoy system. It's a really great product and I use it regularly with great success. But after many years of struggling to get interest from the big retailers and having no luck, he finally ran out of money and went out of business. Real shame. But if yours has advantages to the others in its class, why not get the word out there and see what happens?

03-Feb-17

workingman's embedded Photo
workingman's embedded Photo
To answer your questions....it is very mobile....I designed so I could hunt close to home, pack it up, and head out west and hunt muleys, that's why it's light. I am enclosing a pic .....I am in the process of trying to get a provisional patent....so please understand that I can't be too descriptive at this point.

03-Feb-17
Sutherlands and other outdoor companies sell those already. They made them to look like a haybale. There was a guy at the sport boat and travel show trying to get $1200 for them

03-Feb-17
Yes I agree that other companies sell round bale blinds....mine is portable....requires no tools.....and is light......I am just in the process of trying to see if there is a need or market for a blind of this type..... As far as price I can assure you my blind will cost a fraction of the price you just stated. Thank you for your input.

04-Feb-17
Could you use it if your bow is over five foot long?

04-Feb-17
In that case, you might sell some. I dont think they were selling many

04-Feb-17

z hunter's Link
Hay bale blinds have came a long way in just a few years, prices vary, but some are very "affordable" compared to the $1200 version. I am actually in the market to own one and have it set up about sept 1st,..along an alfalfa field.. Price will certainly play a role in what i choose..but it also needs to be able to stay set up until at least jan. 1st.. That is my biggest concern with a light weight blind..can it take 4 months of a beating from the Ks wind...

04-Feb-17
Muddy makes a portable one but I don't know much else. The harnesses have usually stood up to the test for me.

05-Feb-17
How much$??

05-Feb-17
Thanks for the feedback.....I will try to answer your questions with total honesty. 1. Ease of transport....weight is 27lbs....at this point the blind breaks down in to a 14" diameter bag that has shoulder straps on it...I have carried it approx. 1/2 mile into a steep canyon. 2. can you shoot a stick bow out of it?....I will set it up today and get you that answer...I will check from both sitting and kneeling positions. 3. Yes other companies make what they call "portable" bale blinds...portable to me means no tools....mine is exactly that. 4. Price.....I am hoping to keep it around $400. 5. Stability.....I left mine out for approx. 45 days.....The reason I chose to post in your state is because I have been told the wind is as wicked there as it is here....my blind received no damage at all. As a side bar to your questions.....I am 6'-2" tall and am approx. 300lbs....I have very broad shoulders...I have sat in this blind with one of my sons who is built the same but weighs about 50lbs less.....(to give you some idea of the size)

05-Feb-17
I still believe the price point will be an issue. I know midwest Bale blinds makes a hay or straw cover that will go over most pop up blinds and it is less then 100 bucks shipped. I am ordering one this fall and see how well it is made. Scooby

05-Feb-17
You can shoot a recurve in it .....sitting position is tight at the top.....Kneeling definitely.

11-Feb-17
Did Shawn get another handle? Scooby-doo...?

12-Feb-17
Garrett, yes, he did. If he was going to get a new handle, the "Norton County Know-It-All" would have been a better choice.

12-Feb-17
workingman: You would be wise to sell your product on Bowsite. PM me if you want access to our 2 million plus bow hunters who log on each year! Portable is the key. The hay bale blinds I've used in the Midwest do not hold up to the wind, sun and rain. Hay evaporates after just one season. Good luck! C

12-Feb-17
kscowboy, you, well never mind!! Garrett I always had two Shawn and deerman, when I bought a new computer with windows 10 I could not get logged in, only on the Leatherwall so I re-registered here. Shawn

13-Feb-17
I bought my muddy for around 400.00 but it weighs more than that

• Sitka Gear