workingman 05-Feb-17
RD 06-Feb-17
workingman 06-Feb-17
RD 07-Feb-17
workingman 07-Feb-17
Keith 07-Feb-17
Nogutsnostory 10-Feb-17
03-Feb-17
Hello.....I just want to pick your brain to see if there is an interest in something that I developed and made. I am from SD, I've been bowhunter for 40yrs. I am fortunate to hunt both sides of our state. I designed and built a round bale blind that requires no tools....weighs under 30 lbs, and takes one person approx. 1/2 an hour to set up. I hunted out of it last fall....it stands up to our SD wind. I just want your feedback as bow hunters if you think that there is a need for this type of blind. Thanks for reading this......look forward to your replies.

04-Feb-17
I've hunted western SD for antelope the last 3 years and this last year the winds were terrible, strong enough to blow decoys over. The last day I was hanging on to both sides of my DB because I thought it was going. I think the hay bale is the way to go for camo( I've painted mine) and would be interested in seeing yours.

05-Feb-17

workingman's embedded Photo
workingman's embedded Photo
It packs into a 14" diameter bag......

06-Feb-17
What are the dimensions?

06-Feb-17
At this point I am trying to secure a provisional patent....please understand that I can't give out sensitive info like dimensions....What I can tell you is that I'm 6'-2" tall around 300 lbs with very broad shoulders....My son has the same frame but is 50 lbs lighter.....we have sat in it and we were comfortable.

07-Feb-17
OK, I was wondering because I shoot a 62" recurve and was thinking about bow clearance.

07-Feb-17
I did try sitting in it with a recurve.....with a 62" bow I believe you would have to kneel.

07-Feb-17
You may consider adding shooting windows to all 4 sides.

10-Feb-17
Looks good to me, I have made a bale blind using plywood and straw, but the life of it is not very long. I would be interested in one.

• Sitka Gear