Scooby-doo 08-Feb-17
Charlie Rehor 12-Feb-17
Westksbowhunter 12-Feb-17
Scooby-doo 12-Feb-17
Habitat1 13-Feb-17
05-Feb-17

Scooby-doo's embedded Photo
I shot this buck this past year in NW Kansas. I had him aged and he was 3.5 years old(dressed 207#s). I killed him from the same tree as my 2015 buck and that deer was aged 5.5 years old(dress 233#s). They pretty much stood within feet of where I killed each of them. The next pic is my 2015 buck. Do you think they are related?? I have no doubt!! Shawn

05-Feb-17

The first buck is a 12pt and this one is 13pt. Split brow on his left side and a couple broken points. They both also have that same hooked tine coming off the base by the brow tines. The first pic. shows that this buck is also broken up. I also saw two other bucks within 2 miles of this place that had the same antler traits. Shawn

05-Feb-17
Go to ancestory.com Probably are.

05-Feb-17
They do look very similar, nice deer Shawn.

05-Feb-17
Hmmmm.....why you holding them so far away from your body? Reminds me of the ole fisherman's pose that makes their 3lb bass look like a 6lb bass.

...yes I would agree they are related. Possibly father/son, step brothers or uncle/nephew?

Keep it up and at 1 buck per year you should have that split-brow and hooked tine trait wiped out by 2087 :-)

05-Feb-17
Thank You!!! I had them aged by a tooth and I was going to ask if they had a way to see if they were related. My wife said it could be done but would probably cost quite a bit. Same rack configuration just one was quite a bit heavier, brows were broken on the young one!! Scooby

05-Feb-17
Funny I am not long arming them my elbows are even with my chest so the distance of my forearms. Maybe 18"s. The second pic maybe 20"s. I have seen it in several deer in this area. I am not Randy Ulmer or Chuck Adams, now they sit 4ft. behind the animal to make them look big. I had them both scored as well. I am more then Happy with both bucks!!! Shawn

05-Feb-17
Well then...what did they score?

05-Feb-17
Conrats Time for football, hoping Atlanta wins this one. You seem to have more user names on Bowsite than Ks bucks on your wall.

05-Feb-17
LOL

05-Feb-17
New computer and I had to re-register plus one on my phone. Thats about it. 2016 buck grosses 142"s and the 2015 buck grosses 165-5/8th"s. His mass is over 44"s. I just was surprised at the similarities in the racks. Shawn

05-Feb-17

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
crestedbutte's embedded Photo
Were their overall deductions similar....like their appearance? How many deducts did each have?

Sorry, just not seeing over 140 gross on the 2016 buck pictured?

06-Feb-17
9"s is what he looses, mass is about 2"s of that then everything else is close but the G-4 is another 2"s. As a typical he scores about the same as the other buck just a bit less. The first buck has quite a few deductions. That is why I hate the way stuff is scored, they grew it, it counts in my book. Shawn

06-Feb-17
BTR & SCI await your entry

Fyi, new computers and new phones do not require new registrations to login with Bowsite

06-Feb-17
Brain, My phone was not new but was a separate reg. and since I had no info saved from last reg. I had to go with new one. Not that I should have to explain anything to you but since you seem to know it all. Back to genetics, I believe this trait is quite prevalent in the area I hunt the split brows and the extra hook coming off the bases. Shawn

06-Feb-17
Funny thing is when you posted the pic from this year I immediately thought it was related to the buck from last year.

07-Feb-17
Nice deer,congrats. Yes I think they are related.Seen distinct characteristics such as that in other areas and States.(ie,'crab claws' in local areas)

07-Feb-17
Left side and cabinets are without a doubt related....:) Really pretty easy for most deer in an area to be "related" especially since most antler genetics comes from does. Nice deer.

08-Feb-17
Where I live in NY we have an issue with brow tines as in quite a few deer without them and then when they do get them it seems they are at least 3.5 and they are weak. It has gotten better over the years but we still see it a lot. I just thought it was cool I shot these 2 out of the same tree standing in almost the same spot exactly a year a part. Shawn

12-Feb-17
Scobbie: I'm curious as to why you change your handle so often?

12-Feb-17
When I went to windows 10 I could never log back in and created a new user name. Then for some reason I was able to log back in on accident with my old handle on leatherwall. So now when I log in and out on leatherwall it switches my user name so I never know what handle I will be logged in on. It is weird because I have been a member on here for 15 years now.

12-Feb-17
Charlie, the same has happened to me. I have no clue. It would not log me in under my old stuff. Got a new computer. I also sometimes get logged in under Shawn when I log in with my phone. Since this new computer I went with Scooby and it has been working unless I log into the Leatherwall then I get something different a lot of times. I too was a member for a lot of years and then when I came back I had to re-register. Shawn

13-Feb-17
Same here it kept saying that I had been kicked off but after 20 emails to everyone that was supposed to be in charge I finally just re registered.I knew i hadn't done anything that bad but never got an answer

• Sitka Gear