notme 08-Feb-17
Paul 08-Feb-17
Will 08-Feb-17
grizzlyadam 09-Feb-17
shawnm 11-Feb-17
05-Feb-17

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
I've been having trouble with my new drop away rest. The plastic piece they gave me to attach the string from the rest to my cable had broke.. Also I dont like that the arrow bounces around while drawing. I'm also having trouble with the string coming loose slowly and severely impacts my shooting. I dont like whisker biscuits much and I thought that's all they had. I had no idea there was another rest. I do like it and wanted to give it a try but the one thing I don't like is you always have to shoot cock cane up. That seems a little tedious always making sure your fletching's are right. Has anyone used this type of rest or know anyone who uses one?

05-Feb-17
Shawn, you should have the string that goes from your drop away "served" into the down cable. The little plastic piece they give you will get you started, but you really should serve it into the cable. This way it doesn't move.

Also, you should be shooting your cock vane up. It just reduces the chance of any fletching contact on your rest. Less chance that anything can go awry. When a drop away is set up properly it will rise into the full up position about the last 3-4" of arrow when you draw. If you want your bow set up properly, we need to go to a pro shop and have them go through it, as well as make sure your are paper-tuned and walk-back tuned so your broadheads and field points hit the same spot.

The rest you show above has three points of contact. Contact is BAD. Any flaw in your shooting will result in an arrow that hits one or more points of that rest. Great for a young archer just getting the hang of shooting....but not so great for someone looking to reproduce consistent accuracy.

05-Feb-17
Do yourself a favor and check out a pro shop

05-Feb-17
Take a good look at Hamskea. Built like a tank, incredibly easy to set up. String can be attached to either the upper or lower limb, can be used with or without the string.

05-Feb-17
O ok Kyle. It never even hit me to have it served. I prefer the drop away you gave me as I do like it very much. When we go to the shop in a couple weeks ill bring it and have them serve it for me. Plus it cost me $40 for the capture rest so I can use that on the drop away..last problem I gotta figure out with it is getting that arrow to stay straight as I draw back. It did come with a piece that holds the arrow but the fletching's hit it after I release so i was having trouble getting it dialed in.

05-Feb-17
Make sure your bow is tuned before they serve it to the down cable. Once it's served I don't think you can add or take out twists in that cable without screwing up the rest. I've got a Hamskea Hybrid Hunter coming tomorrow! I'm a fan of limb driven drop aways.

05-Feb-17
Whisker biscuit !!!

06-Feb-17
My drop away string goes thru the plastic string separator We couldn't get it to work right served" it to the string , The rest you showed is probably the worst .I always click my rest up when I get set so it is already up when I draw back .Steve

06-Feb-17
Biscuit as well, can't get much simpler

06-Feb-17
Whisker Biscuit...no moving parts, what you see is what you get...nice and simple like bbb said.

07-Feb-17
The NAP you show is a good bullet proof rest. The key to that rest is to set it up so that the arrow sits on the bottom launcher and you leave a little gap between the shaft and the 2 sets of brushes. Close Enough so the shaft isn't touching them but the arrow doesn't fall off the launcher if you tip the bow...that way there is only 1 point of contact. That being said I would rather use a HIGH quality dropaway like a QAD HDX. The beauty of a QAD is that it stays in the upright position until you fire an arrow...even if you let down the rest stays cocked up. Either way you should ALWAYS orient your arrows the same (cock vane up for the rests we are talking about) even with a dropaway, your nocks should all be turned the same

07-Feb-17
Vane position is critical for every rest, not just drop aways. Consistency!

08-Feb-17
I decided to return the rest and go with the trophy taker bloodtrail gave me. Its a little on the heavy side but it is very durable and will give me years of consistency. The only thing I got to really decide on is if I'm going to stay with the viper tricks or the muzzys. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to stick with mechanical heads. Its one less thing to worry about with all the new moving parts on my bow I'm already dealing with. I will try the new expendables I got during turkey. But during deer season it will be strictly mechanical.

08-Feb-17
I think you mean fixed over mechanical dude.

08-Feb-17
Muzzy and biscuit deadly combo taken deer and pigs

08-Feb-17
Shawn in ma nailed it Shawn. That NAP is solid.

09-Feb-17
Whisker + buscuit = dead deer and no excuses!

11-Feb-17
Yes sry I've been saying mechanical and I meant fixed

• Sitka Gear