yukon roz 10-Feb-17
shawnm 10-Feb-17
bigbuckbob 10-Feb-17
steve 10-Feb-17
Bloodtrail 10-Feb-17
notme 10-Feb-17
longbeard 10-Feb-17
06-Feb-17
Hey guys I just bought the primos chick on a stick. I like it a lot and I would prefer to use my own feathers. It has an attachment that you can either use the silk fan they give you or it has an attachment where you can use your own.. Where would I be able to get some? If anyone on here has any extra and wants to get rid of them i would be willing to buy them. I need 16 in total

10-Feb-17
Wing feathers work the best.

10-Feb-17
From the turkey?? Sry dont know really anything about the birds!

10-Feb-17
Shawn - you're going to an awful lot of work and you may not like the results. Feathers don't do well in bad weather and that will effect the flight of the arrow and may lose you a big buck. The plastic vanes were invented for that reason.

I used feather in the good ol' days (from a Pterodacty I think) and after a few practice rounds going through the target bales, the feathers looked like road kill. Gotta give you "A" for effort though.

10-Feb-17
I DONT THINK HE IS USING THEM FOR ARROWS BBB lol

10-Feb-17
Shawn, don't bother. Turkeys are pretty easy to call in once you get a hot bird. Anything that looks remotely close to a bird will keep their attention. That's all you want....get their attention off your position and you'll easily kill one.

Now, if you're trying to kill one with the bow....that's pretty tough without a blind.

10-Feb-17

notme's Link
Maybe he wants to be a Corsica brother

10-Feb-17
Shawn stick with your original thought process...Blood is correct if you have a hot bird you can call them in pretty easy, but believe me when I tell you, if you get one or two hot birds per season to respond to your calls then you are right about on average. These decoy types will work and are intended to work on birds that are henned up and won't give your calls a second look. The Chix on a Stick is a great tool and the more realistic it is the better chance you have of getting that bird (hot or otherwise) to commit. Especially those last couple of yards to get within killing range. Like any other tool that you can use afield, they have their optimum usage time and then other times not so much. There are many variables that can affect its effectiveness, like time of the year, breeding cycle or maybe even disposition of the turkey you are trying to kill. The Chix on a Stick or any other "fan decoy" was meant as a long range "sight decoy" playing on the territorial aggressiveness of the intended bird. So, yes dress it up with real feathers to make it more realistic if you can. I even attach a red, white and blue painted head/neck to mine. Be careful using it because there are many idiots out there who don't identify their target. These thing are quite deadly when used in the right situation.

• Sitka Gear