Contributors to this thread:
elk yinzer 07-Feb-17
Bowhunting 5C 07-Feb-17
Rut Nut 07-Feb-17
elk yinzer 07-Feb-17
Vonfoust 07-Feb-17
Mad Trapper 14-Feb-17
07-Feb-17
Any fellow hunters also belong to this organization?

They do tremendous work on trail maintenance on public lands throughout the state. For that, starting last year as it was the first I'd heard of them, I support them with an annual membership as I use a lot of those trails both for hiking and hunting. I intend to help with trail maintenance projects they organize in my area in the future.

However, I have been disappointed to find out that they have voiced their opposition to Sunday hunting. As many of you know this is going to be a big push in this legislative session, and most of us in the hunting community would like to see us enter the 21st century on this archaic issue. From scanning through KTA minutes and reports, it seems to be more of an assumption from their leadership that their membership is in opposition to Sunday hunting. Just looking for some input if there are other hunters out there that also belong before I correspond with some folks inside the organization.

07-Feb-17
If they are against that, what else are they against? Some of these folks rally the anti flag behind the scenes without our knowledge.

07-Feb-17
I don't belong, but do a lot of hiking and backpacking and check their site frequently. If they are anti-sunday hunting then they will never get a dime of my $$!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : (

07-Feb-17
Bowhunting5c & RutNut - these are the kinds of things I'm trying to gauge, if it turns out there is a significant contingent of their membership that hunts, we could try to steer the conversation. If not, then I'll cross that bridge when I get there. There was a time in America where people with opposing views could work things out respectfully with intelligent discourse. Sadly it appears that is being replaced by shouting, rioting, and tweeting, but I'm old school, so I do what I can.

07-Feb-17
I don't belong but am interested to see what they say. I was under the impression that all hiking communities were against Sunday hunting.

14-Feb-17
More BS. Why should they have ANY say on what a private landowner who pays taxes on HIS land does on HIS land - as long as the Game Commission determines that the herd can handle Sunday hunting. Perhaps I should send this organization my tax bill? Maybe the PFB can pay half and this organization can pay half??

• Sitka Gear