Contributors to this thread:
tompolaris 07-Feb-17
notme 07-Feb-17
extreme 07-Feb-17
bigbuckbob 08-Feb-17
tompolaris 08-Feb-17
steve 08-Feb-17
07-Feb-17
Please advise. I have a 2 car attached garage(not heated) where i'm currently hanging my bow and crossbow. I supplement my heat with a wood stove in the basement and the basement is dry and about mid to upper 80's most of the winter. If you know which area is better please advise. Thanks

07-Feb-17
Mines hanging in the garage...itll go through the same temperature influxes as being outside..less chance of drying the strings out or delaminating

07-Feb-17
i have stored several bows and now my cross bow in my attached unheated garage for at least 20 years and have had no problem.they are always stored in a case.you should not have a problem in either place.

08-Feb-17
I say it depends on what the limbs are made of. If they're a composite or metal, no problems. But if you have laminated wood, like my recurve, extremely dry areas and temperature swings can shorten the lifespan. I had my Damon Howatt explode on my years ago at Halls archery while shooting in the back room. That's when old man Hall asked me the same question and educated me about proper care. I also have a 32" draw length and the bow was made for 30", so I was over-drawing the limbs which is not good for the bow, especially when shooting outside in the winter up at the club.

08-Feb-17
Think I'll keep them hanging in the garage. Thanks guys

08-Feb-17
I have a attached garage too I leave them in the case and just hang the case with the bow in it

• Sitka Gear