Tweed 09-Feb-17
Two Feathers 09-Feb-17
Tweed 14-Feb-17
Two Feathers 15-Feb-17
razorhead 20-Feb-17
Tweed 25-Feb-17
Two Feathers 27-Feb-17
08-Feb-17
Johnsonville is another trad shoot I like to make. Not as large an indoor as Sherwood and no outdoor this day. You do get a score card. Saturday Feb 25th. 8 am - 4 pm. Johnsonville is just outside of Plymouth. Not sure if they have chili but they do have brats and other yummies.

08-Feb-17
Can anyone post more info on this shoot? Location of club? Vendors welcome? Etc. Thanks.

08-Feb-17
this is a great shoot, one of the best courses you will ever see and great indoor shooting and bar etc,,,,, It is a wonder that more trad guys do not come,,,,, It is in Plymouth, out on Hwy J,,,,,, lets all get out there and support this shoot,,,,, for the trad guys..... I do not belong to this club, but always go to this shoot,,,,,,

Vendors are always welcome there, I know, but to get guys there is the problem,,,, I have no idea why..... I will drive over and hour and a half to get to Sherwood, so they should get to this,,,,,,,,,

I will get to Ojibwa and Janesville, but those guys for some reason, do not travel north well,,,,,,,,

Anyway, I am coming, however I like Klement brats better,,,,, ha ha ha

08-Feb-17
Two Feathers let me know what time you are coming, bring the grandson, anyway would like to shoot that New Wood Bow again,,,,,,,

08-Feb-17
razorhead - Both grandsons want to come to this shoot but the youngest doesn't have a stickbow but hope to have one for him by then. Looking at the Samick Shadow 48" 20#@24. I think he can handle that. Lancaster has them in stock.

I'm thinking we will be getting there around noon - maybe a little before, maybe a little later. Johnsonville is a lot closer for me than Sherwood Forest.

Tweed - If your interested I found another left hand bow I forgot about. It's a Howard Hill recurve, pulls 38#@28" and I think it's 66". It was the first left hand trad bow I got for my grandson and he didn't like it and for good reason - too long and too much weight for him. The previous owner used it for target shooting. It still has a peep and a mount for sights but no pins. I'm more than happy to loan it out to you if you think your pulling too much weight right now.

08-Feb-17
Thanks Two Feathers but I should be receiving a 35# bow tomorrow. I plan on using that to get used to shooting instinctive and will use the 50# for hunting.

Johnsonville isn't far at all and is so much easier to get to. I'm going to try to make it and maybe bring Haley.

09-Feb-17
I did some searching on the inter-webs this morning and didn't really find much about this place and nothing about the event. The only thing I found was the address and phone: Whitetail Bowhunters, N7039 Co Rd M, Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085 (920) 467-4434

If anyone has additional info it would be greatly appreciated.

Speaking of Brats....what are people's thoughts on Bunzels?

09-Feb-17
Tweed - How to get there from where your at - Come north on I 43 till Saukville, then north on 57 to Plymouth. Keep going north past Hwy 23 about 1+ mile to County Hwy J. Go east on J till M (just past Johnsonville Brat plant) and then north on M about a quarter mile and it's on the east side of M. The club will have signs out on 57 & J and J&M. The club's inside range has 6 lanes for shooting - all 3D targets with some left over Christmas trees. One 3d is a moving turkey - the rest are stationary. There is a bar with beer, soda and water. There are brats, hamburgers, cheese burgers, donuts, chips and candy. The outside course has always been closed for this shoot, at least the times I've been there but the outside practice range is open and is next to the parking lot. Like razor said, not a lot of people show up for this shoot. Maybe this time will be different, but I doubt it. It's a low keyed shoot. Everybody is willing to let you try out their bow but not too many southpaws. They give you a score card but you don't have to keep score. When I went with my friends we kept score to see who would pay for the beer. What's a Bunzel????

14-Feb-17
So far this seems like a go.

My friends wife and my wife are hosting a party so we get to get away that day. Should be three of us coming up.

One shoots compound and the other is new. I only of two trad bows, would there be a bow the compound guy could use?

15-Feb-17
Tweed - I'm not sure if the club has extra bows for your friend to use. I will bring along two extra right hand recurves, a Bruin and a Howatt Hunter they can use. Have them bring arrows. We expect to get there later in the morning,

20-Feb-17
Well with the weather we are having, I have no more assignments for lakes, since I can not drive the 6 wheeler on them, sooooo,,,,, I will see you guys there, I am planning on getting there about 10am and stay for the day..... Have one more really really nice left hander recurve for sale,,,,,,,,

Hope to be able to try out other right hand bows there,,,,,,,, that is a nice club

25-Feb-17
Thank you Two Feathers and Razorhead.

You guys and others have brought my buddy into the archery/trad fold.

27-Feb-17
Tweed - I remember Justin saying he was new to archery and Saturday was the first he ever shot a bow. I have a Hoyt Razortec compound I'm not using and would be happy to loan it out if he wants to try a compound. If he does I'll bring it to the pheasant hunt Sunday and you can pick it up there.

• Sitka Gear