Duke 08-Feb-17
razorhead 08-Feb-17
Two Feathers 09-Feb-17
Mike F 09-Feb-17
bowhuntndoug 10-Feb-17
grindersonly 18-Feb-17
Bloodtrail 25-Feb-17
08-Feb-17
What kind of setups is everyone using this spring for birds. Also any ideas for good chokes for a stoeger M3500. Shooting longbeard xr shells

08-Feb-17
What kind of setups is everyone using this spring for birds. Also any ideas for good chokes for a stoeger M3500. Shooting longbeard xr shells

08-Feb-17
Does anybody use traditional gear for turkey? I just picked up my first traditional bow, and obviously I would need to practice 24/7 until the season to get good enough. Just didn't know with such a small target, is it an ethical thing to do.

08-Feb-17
I typically hunt the woods 95% of the time with bow. Use a DB or Rhino blind with Dakota jake and hen decoy.

I've dabbled with trad gear in the spring and plan on doing it more this spring... have installed a couple of blinds that enable shooting trad gear more easily. As far as ethical--I don't see any issue as long as you know your capabilities, just like any other weapon.

08-Feb-17
I have yet to kill a turkey with my recurves, but killed 2 with my long bow,,,, One of the problems I have, is that you will perform as you train, and each time I shoot at one, I am always going for a head shot,,,,, do not ask me why, something I have to change.....

I hate sitting in blinds and calling, find in dam boring, but I admit effective,,,, I now go after them with my decoy, and fan, and its a lot more fun, but not as productive,,,,

As far as BH, I shoot the 135 grain 3 blade Razor Cap,, not made anymore

09-Feb-17
For turkey I no longer run and gun. Now I just throw up a pop up, put out decoys, call and wait. My weapon of choice is a stickbow and my head is a Bullhead head and is for head shots. The last Tom got decapitated. Turkeys are not like deer. A blind set up in an open field or woods will not scare them and will come in close to your decoys.

09-Feb-17
I use the same setup I use for deer and bear. No head shots, too much movement for me. Shoot 'em right above the legs or up the butt. I like blinds for crappy weather and I like to move around a lot in nice weather. Never did the fan thing, but it sounds very interesting. I have 2 new hunters that will be giving it a shot this spring.

10-Feb-17
My father shot his first couple with a recurve and a snuffer broad head but as he got older the shoulder issues made switching to compound his only choice. He has taken a few more with that and buckbuster heads. I shoot mine turkeys with a rage. Our success has been out of blinds. Tried to do without but have been unsuccessful. Both ways are fun. Personally my favorite way is for the caller to be outside of the blind because I think the sounds are a little different from inside the blind but that just maybe me. They seem muffled through the fabric.

18-Feb-17
cheifton- I would make sure to pattern those longbeard xr shells extensively. I switched to them, and did kill toms with them, however I did notice some holes in the patterns with a kicks gobblin thunder and a patternmaster code black turkey. I am switching back to hevi shots magnum blend, they are more spendy but by far the best turkey shell ive ever used. and ive tried lots of them. good luck and happy hunting

25-Feb-17
I will be mentor hunting our foreign exchange student this year. Pop up tent and a cross bow! He's excited....

• Sitka Gear