WausauDug 11-Feb-17
Novemberforever 11-Feb-17
RutnStrut 11-Feb-17
CaptMike 15-Feb-17
skookumjt 15-Feb-17
10-Feb-17

Missouribreaks's Link

10-Feb-17
Yes, I'm sure more studies are needed. Public or privately funded surveys is how these parasites survive. This plague lives and thrives in our universities.

10-Feb-17
They had me at

"Sabo took samples from test plots that have been fenced off from deer for up to two decades and found less soil compaction as well as a thinner layer of depleted soil, which is called a leach zone."

My God! We need to remove all of the wildlife that inhabit the forests so we can have nothing disturb them! OMG the sky is falling!!!!

Just think they want to study this. What about the impact of mindless university students on the communities of hard working Americans that enjoy hunting and fishing?

10-Feb-17
I have issues with areas fenced off to native fauna. What is it truly showing? Is it a natural state?

I can understand when deer become highly overpopulated there are issues such as specie composition for one but when it is only for a few years it may not be a lasting issue.

10-Feb-17
It's showing the impact that fauna have on flora. This is not a secret that the increased deer numbers over historical numbers is changing the forest ecosystem.

11-Feb-17
this is so true, the cat jumped into my wife's flower pot on the kitchen sill, compacted the soil and the plant. That plant has never been the same;)

11-Feb-17
There are counties that have zero hardwood regen and the primary browse has been damaged beyond repair. The dnr now cost shares fence enclosures to get regen.

11-Feb-17
Look at some of the trampled areas that Libs have protested, they have never grown the same. Oops, my mistake. The snowflakes would never dare get off the concrete.

15-Feb-17
Rut & Woods, +1

15-Feb-17
I don't think anyone has mentioned old growth timber. Rightfully so since we have essentially none in the state.

• Sitka Gear