Hoot 09-Mar-17
RK 09-Mar-17
bfisherman11 10-Mar-17
RK 10-Mar-17
albino 21-Mar-17
longspeak74 21-Mar-17
RK 22-Mar-17
10-Feb-17
I would like some opinions on the quality of the Deer and Turkey Expo in Madison. Guess I would be interested in the attendance and quality of the production itself. Thinking of having a booth there. Thanks RK

10-Feb-17

Jeff in MN's Link
I am sure others will chime in, here are some prior reviews.

The link above is from 2012

This one is 2013 http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=200386&state=WI

This one is 2014 http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=216025&MESSAGES=8&state=WI

Did not find the newer ones.

11-Feb-17
I think it's a great show. I go every year and look forward to it. Weekends are definitely busy. Weather can play a factor, but overall your gonna see thousands of people. Great way to get your product out there. What are you selling?

11-Feb-17
Hunting related :GOOD: Ginsu,kitchen magician,back massager :BAD: Always enjoy the show just don't like all bullshit outside of hunting products.

11-Feb-17
Lots of non-hunting products. But there are still lots of hunting related products. Weekends at peak time can be claustrophobic with all of people that attend.

Like grunter said weather can play a factor.

I usually go every other year.

11-Feb-17
I have been to the Madison Deer & Turkey expo ever since the first one back in the eighties, used to be called the Madison Deer Classic. Always enjoyed 'em. Worked for Glenn for a few years at the show. He & Judy & Cheryl always ran a good operation. Very entertaining and informative. He is out of it all now, sold operational rights to large corporation. Weather does affect attendance! Good weather & sunshine & moderate temps = low numbers. Snow, cold, clouds & wind = lots of people & very crowded. Good place to meet new people & run into old friends you haven't seen in awhile. I often spend almost all of the three days there. For me, it was always enjoyable. For others, perhaps not so much. Go at least once, try it, see if it works for you,...that is the only way you will know.

11-Feb-17
our hunting group always meets up on Saturday around 10, between 11 and 2 it is super packed to where your basically shuffling instead of walking. Can't imagine what more you could ask for being an exhibitor. Our only complaint is trying to find Miller products there, way too much Bud, its a 3 beer show. We buy the OnyxHunt map update here cuz the dude is there and its a little cheaper. We also stop at the Northwoods bear booth and get some smellums - goldrush etc.

11-Feb-17
Went twice and the last time I developed a itch that drove me crazy. Went to the doc and he couldnt prescribe anything for it. He said it was an alergic reaction to being in a liberal part of the state. I try and avoid Madison as much as possible. I will spend my money elswhere and at better venues.

11-Feb-17
You should find a new doc, Pasq. Letting your political ideology affect your patient care as a doctor crosses the line of professional conduct, and could be dangerous for your health.

11-Feb-17
Pasq, thanks for the laugh. I have been under the weather the last few days. That brightened my day, and I agree with you 1000%.

12-Feb-17
Pasquinell. What a completely uncalled for answer to a legitimate question. And, if you had a brain in your head, you'd realize that Madison is the home of your hero, Scooter, and his many minions. Maybe they should seek advise from your doc. Hopefully they would avoid the city as well.

12-Feb-17
This is about the only hunting expo I go to. Don't make it every year but really like going. I usually go when it opens on Friday. A couple times I stayed over at someone's house and went again a second day to revisit a few booths. There are some good seminars but you have to pick and choose. I like the perk of getting in free because I am a hunter safety instructor. I'm not into hunting celebrities but they are there. There are some good people and factory reps working in the booths. Then there are some jerks too, guys that have hunting knowledge and/or success but have no people skills. Overall, a very good show. If you don't like the non-hunting vendors don't give them any of your time or money. Simple as that.

12-Feb-17
Wow, free for hunter safety instructors is cool. Do they honor snowmobile and atv safety instructors too?

12-Feb-17
Pasq, that was funny.

12-Feb-17
"Maybe they should seek advise from your doc"

It's advice, not advise.

12-Feb-17
That ruled out Stage being a ticked off teacher... as a very wise QB once said... R- E-L-A-X By the way Stage, thanks for making the scarecrow song from the wizard of Oz stick in my head! "If I only had a brain... " I didnt enjoy the Madison show RK. Too much junk for me.

13-Feb-17
RK - My opinion is it's a good show. Like case said, bad weather = larger crowd and vice versa. I work the Northwoods Bear products booth and this is one of our best shows. Wausau had great weather last weekend, Friday night was the slowest I've ever seen it, Sat. was better, but still down from previous years when the weather was snowy or frigid.

14-Feb-17
I've gone a few times when the weather is bad that I couldn't do anything outside. I would say its a good show as shows go. Great for vendors as it has a very good flow of people. I'm more of a go outside and do something guy. Prune apples, make syrup, find sheds, cut firewood, catch walleyes.....an endless list. If your a inside type, go to the show.

14-Feb-17
Good Show. Some good show buys if you watch close. I got XOP hang on stand for show special price last year which was a significant savings vs online especially considering shipping charges.

14-Feb-17
Woods - The Eau Claire show I feel is geared more toward sportsmen. I've never been to the Green Bay show, but the Wausau Show was so-so for sportsmen. We were the only bear guide service there, but there were a lot of candles, leather works, nuts (both types),etc.

01-Mar-17
I know they did ask numerous vendors that had nothing to do with hunting not to come back.

01-Mar-17
Albino - that's odd but understandable.

If a vendor pays and takes a risk based on the target audience you'd think the market would in essence "ask them not to come back"

Never know when some concrete beard guy might become an outdoorsman because of rubbing elbows with those that have already learned so much.

01-Mar-17
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one! Great show!

02-Mar-17
Yes, new beards are so thinly veiled.

02-Mar-17
It's the biggest show of it's kind in the Midwest. A chance to see some really innovative new equipment, get hands on experience with a piece of equipment you may be interested in buying. I think it's a good show, got better once it moved into the Alliant Energy Center. Been going for the past 20 years or so.

02-Mar-17
Yes, I spend time in the WBH booth and the gal that sold candles in the booth next to us for years was asked not to come back as her products had nothing to do with hunting. I will be there Friday for sure. Stop by and smack me in the head. I'll be the one in the camo hat.

02-Mar-17
Mindbent, The name of this thread is Opinions please. I do believe you have both.

02-Mar-17
Albino - Thanks for the offer of stopping by and smacking you in the head. If you have a chance stop by the Northwoods Bear Products booth and save me the time of walking to your booth to smack you. LOL I look forward to seeing you again my friend.

02-Mar-17
Hoot, I will try to remember your syrup bottle & skull. Better remind me about 6 more times. I'm pretty old.

03-Mar-17
Don't worry I'll remind you, if you forget no Skittles for you. LOL

04-Mar-17
Thanks for all of you that gave your opinions to my question We have decided to do the show and have a booth there. Worst case its will be a good road trip. Best case is it sounds like a good show. RK

04-Mar-17
What is your booth RK. I'll stop by to say hello.

06-Mar-17
RK, got any Rio Turkeys there?

06-Mar-17
Booth number is 1332 Cinco Ranch

Albino Pure Rios 8 miles of Rio Grande River front.. Does not get anymore Rio than that

Stop by and say Hi

06-Mar-17
RK are you referring to THE Rio Grande?

My grandparents used to live near zapata on the falcon reservoir.

07-Mar-17
And I thought opinions were like belly buttons. The times I attended I enjoyed it.

07-Mar-17
RK looking to do a sports show ? I just assumed it was someone from Wisconsin trying to sell something. then ya mention the Cinco ranch on the Rio Grande

wait a minute I hunted Cinco Ranch on the Rio! I click on RK's handle and WoW it's Rob Kiebler the one and the same! Had a great Javalina hunt with you. Maybe you remember tracking that arrow wounded Javi in the brush, and all hell broke loose, multiple shots being fired. I thought ya ran into and illegal that crossed the river. Scared the crap out of me! Nah! Just Rob going one on one, face to face with a wounded jaw popping Javalina in the thick Texas underbrush. After few tense moments Out pops Rob with his sidearm in one hand and javi in the other. Damn that was exciting.

Robs operation is a target rich enviorment of Javalina, hogs, turkey and deer. Great acomdations and outstanding Tex-Mex food most from outdoor mesquite grill. Never would guess ya come this far north. Have a super show at Madison Doug

08-Mar-17
tweed yes THE rio grande river. we are north of Zapata 100 miles or so. our stretch of the river is just north of the town of el indio and south of eagle pass. interesting place to live for sure.

Doug I remember it well. Hope you are doing well.

rk

08-Mar-17

Kevin™'s embedded Photo
Mexico is on the left.
Kevin™'s embedded Photo
Mexico is on the left.
Cinco is a little slice of heaven.

08-Mar-17
Been a vendor at the Madison show many years. Great Show! Great audience! RK you should do well. There is a lot of interest in hogs up here (me included) I will not have a booth but will be there in one my distributors booths and will come and see you.

08-Mar-17
WOW, that river is not that wide. That wall is going to ruin your view. lol I will stop and visit at your booth.

09-Mar-17

Huntcell 's embedded Photo

09-Mar-17
Man those Javelina s have some nasty looking teeth.

09-Mar-17
That skull reminds me somewhat of a T-REX. lol

09-Mar-17
Bwana2 and albino Look forward to meeting you guys Huntcell good looking memories

We are looking forward to the road trip and the show Should be fun !!

10-Mar-17
Rob, It has been a while since I hunted with you. I will stop by and say hello. It would be nice to catch up.

Guys, Rob has a great spot (El Indio, TX) and great food and accommodations. Lots of fun hunting with him!

Regards, Bill Wright

10-Mar-17
Bill It will be great to see you again. By all means stop by the booth If I am not there Jon will be and he will be able to get me back to the booth. I like to roam at these shows.

rk

21-Mar-17
Hey Rob, I like to roam also. I will be in booth 1000 on Friday. I looked at the expo road map and see where your booth is. Nice web site also. Beautiful pics. They did do away with most of the non hunting booths except food. http://www.expocad.com/host/fx/dte/17wi/default.html I'll see if this vender list & map link works. See you there.

21-Mar-17
I have always enjoyed the show and run into a lot of people I know. My beard and I will be going this year too.

22-Mar-17
albino I will get by to see you or visa versa. thanks for the web site comment its still a work in progress

• Sitka Gear