hawkeye in PA 19-Feb-17
DaleHajas 19-Feb-17
Shortdraw 19-Feb-17
HARRY CARRY 19-Feb-17
RC 20-Feb-17
10-Feb-17

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
Hey, it's 58 degrees outside! Hey, there are 9 inches of snow on the ground. Hey, that rodent up in Punxy saw his shadow. Hey, the PennDot truck is stuck outside, and it just smashed the mailbox. Hey, there's a Comet in the sky, and an eclipse tonight, and it's cloudy. And hey, all of this happened this week.

Well, “Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers” can't do diddly-squat about any of it. Sorry, outta luck. BUT, what we can do is offer a 3D shoot next Sunday, February 19, 2017. And we will.

At the East Huntingdon Sportsmens Association clubhouse, Alverton, PA, the same place since the beginning of “Sticks” back in 1995. A regular 3D Traditional Archery shoot, from 8 AM until 1 PM.

The Crew greatly appreciated the vast group of Archers at the January SPAM shoot, and are still “riding the vibes and energy from it, man”... Yep, lots of things all came together, weather-wise, and we could only be so lucky for a repeat kind-of day. But, alas, it's the luck of the draw. Always has been, always will be.

So, if your plans are open on the 19th, and you're tired of being cooped up watching Armageddon Eleven's doomsday predictions spoken from perfect teeth and smiles, then bring your recurve, longbow, or selfbow, and a handful of arrows down to “Sticks”.

You might see a few more new faces (and bows!) than usual to meet and shoot with. That's always good. And, WE DO KNOW you'll see a few new targets out on the course, thanks to a little purchase that was made by the club. What we don't know, yet, is just where you will see the targets, nor what path might be followed. (Kindly refer to the weather references made above!)

Just know that all Traditional Archers are welcome to join us! We're non-competitive, we laugh a lot, we don't take ourselves too seriously, and cheering IS encouraged for great shots, or great misses.

It's all YOUR choice. We are just are an option for the day. YOUR DAY. Sunday, February 19th, 2017. “Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers”. Alverton, Pennsylvania. Your Trad bow and arrows. And we'll leave the targets up for ya!!

10-Feb-17

Here's how to get to "Sticks":
Here's how to get to "Sticks":

12-Feb-17
I'll b there about 7 . May even shoot after done with breakfast.

12-Feb-17
The mountain men will be coming home from our annual hog hunt on Sunday and will miss the shoot.

Have fun!

12-Feb-17
Boobacker, yes, BRING YOUR BOW! You help so much with the shoots, that you often sacrifice going out on the course yourself. I'm sure there might be a couple folks....heheheheheh....who you could head out with!!!

Red Beastmaster: all we ask is that ONE of The Mountain Men wear a "Strictly Sticks" shirt sometime during your Swine Flu-Flu Epidemic!! Then, maybe we'll see ya in March, for the BUFFET.......!!!

17-Feb-17
Even Armageddon Eleven's weather forecast is saying Sunday is to be a nice weather day. This is fairly confusing to the Sticks crew. We're used to the minus degree windchills, the lake effect snow, the township shutting down the roads leading to the clubhouse.

Alright, then, what's up???!!!!!

Hope to see our friends, both old and new, on Sunday morning, if your plans allow.

'Cause The Crew is thinking that June through August will be covered in snow!

18-Feb-17
I won't be there, going to be too hot to shoot...

18-Feb-17
Other than sun block any special footwear needed? Will one, not named RC, need more than one arrow?

18-Feb-17
It's a trad shoot, moccasins only...

18-Feb-17
Do knee- high moccasins count?

18-Feb-17
Knee-high moccasins would work, iffn they have some pretty thick leather on the bottom. Duluth Trading post could probably drone-deliver a pair down at the shoot tomorrow, but my guess the drone would get shot down, and somebody other than Shortdraw would get the mocs.

There could be some water involved, IF an Archer REALLY misses a target. And, there is a little bit of a flat area that always has water, or more a squishyness to it, so just wear boots that would get you through a normal February shoot at "Sticks".

RC: please don't wear shorts or a tank-top, unless that would make you comfortable enough to shoot. It's your call. The hills do have breezes. And memories.

Number of arrows: once again, unless you have mastered the Zen of Archery as RC has, it could be suggested to bring a good handful of arrows. Bring one or two of Sacrificial Status, if you'd like to experience the totality of the day.

Any other questions/comments??!!!!!

18-Feb-17
Drone sightings are not that unusual since Amazon employs them. That said, one would not know the origin of said drone until downed. Holy Blackhawk down! I would be more concerned one would be carrying a quiver full to assist RC as needed. Besides you sound as though I might not have the skill to hit one of them... I'm a bit offended.

Hip waders might be in order... too warm for chest waders. Ya sure we don't need snorkel gear for stray arra retrieves?

18-Feb-17
I'll be inside at the registration table tomorrow during the Duluth Trading-mocassin-delivering-drone-downing-episode, so I know it won't be ME doing the shooting.

I was insinuating that someone else, probably also mocassin-deprived, would probably see the drone and react, thereby eliminating your opportunity, Shortdraw (Shortdraw of SWPA, not the other Shortdraw, Scott Meyers from Montana who also posts on the LW), of receiving the mocs. I don't wear mocs, so I shall not get involved in the Archery Gauntlet. Maybe Scott Meyers might need mocs. But I doubt he'll be in Alverton tomorrow.

However, I do suspect Hip Waders and Snorkel gear will probably NOT be needed.....unless.....

Someone decides to place an order for some tonight, and have AMAZON drone deliver them tomorrow....down at Sticks.

And so the drone cycle would continue. Raining drones. What a concept. Probably enough for waders.

I'll simply see whomever shows up tomorrow inside. It sounds like the skies above may be too scary for this HARRY.....!

19-Feb-17
With shortdraw and Harry Winkler there, hip waders are strongly suggested...

19-Feb-17

bowkevin's embedded Photo
Shot with some great guys today and also a couple crazy ones
bowkevin's embedded Photo
Shot with some great guys today and also a couple crazy ones

19-Feb-17

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

19-Feb-17
Okay you fixed it for me

19-Feb-17
No, I just did mine right:)

19-Feb-17
Thanks again strictly sticks crew!

19-Feb-17
Nicely done today thanks! Good to see you and the Boss Jeff!

19-Feb-17
Enjoyed the shoot! Nice to see the new targets on the course too. It will be nice when the remainder gets filled in. Good to visit with some "old" friends.

Mr. Ten Ring, Dale H., was there having a good time. I wonder about that scorecard though? :)

I thought RC only used one arra. Guess he was carrying extras for a friend... always looking out for fellow archers.

Good work to all those involved!

19-Feb-17
The true thanks go to the 71 folks who ventured the course today, whether they were young, or not young, old "Sticks" friends or new friends, or Mimes or Archer-Poets!

The parent club was gracious enough to approve some funds for new targets, but as anyone involved with a club knows, it takes a whole lot of folks to get something like that done. KNowing that, The Crew of Strictly Sticks would like to thank our sponsor club, East Huntingdon Sportsmens Association.

We'll be doing whatever we can to replace the older McKenzies and Deltas. But, we do know that sometimes a well-worn target can find new life by making an "interesting" shot placement. And also by putting a ram's head on a deer's body. Blame Nuclear Creek for the Apocalyptical Critters......!

And just an FYI: about a third of the folks today had never been to Sticks before. That includes the rather robust number of younger folks that all seemed to be enjoying themselves. That's the future of Traditional Archery right there....we hope you passed along a friendly hello or "Nice Shot" to them....

March 19, 2017, our next shoot. And it will involve food. THat is, if you show up and register to shoot. You won't need to be a 10 ring master like RC or Metiki to partake; however, a little voice did whisper to me that there's a good chance some hotdogs and 'bassas and kraut might be involved. It's up to you whether you want to believe the voices I think I hear.

From the entire Crew: our thanks to you. We had a fun day! Thanks TO YOU for making that possible.

And see ya in March..... (Toxic Teddy Bear, too.......)

20-Feb-17
Thanks SS crew and those new targets were awesome.

• Sitka Gear