JayD 12-Feb-17
Big-Otis-Jeff 12-Feb-17
Babysaph 12-Feb-17
hookman 14-Mar-17
Babysaph 14-Mar-17
Big-Otis-Jeff 15-Mar-17
hookman 15-Mar-17
11-Feb-17
I listened to Chris Lawrence interview today. I was pleased to hear that new DNR Director Stephen McDaniel is a QDM supporter and wants to move WV in that direction. Anyone can listen to full interview on Metro news.

11-Feb-17
Sounds like we might be moving out of the 1990's mentality. I can't wait.

12-Feb-17
Wow , Could we really be looking at change in how we manage are deer herd ? New DNR Director sounds like he has some ideas . We shall see

12-Feb-17
No

12-Feb-17
Well it will be interesting to see if he follows a well laid out and structured plan or be like how many politicians and appointed folks are now and follow public opinion polls....

12-Feb-17
Met him today at the DNR Commissioners meeting...seemed like he did care, took notes, asked questions.......I guess time will tell. Hopefully his hands wont be tied.

12-Feb-17
One buck limit this fall. Woooohoooo

14-Mar-17
A one buck limit has to start with the ones that are in favor of it. If you are promoting a one buck limit then hopefully you only harvested 1 buck last year. It would definitely help out the size of our bucks and I think that is what most want.

14-Mar-17
Didn't harvest any on my big property.

15-Mar-17
Passed on too many bucks to count last year, including 3-4 2 year old around the 120-125 inch mark. First time i haven't killed a deer in over 30 years. And it didn't bother me in the least. Kids all shot deer , so meat wasn't an issue.

Even my 18 year old son and 15 year old nephew, they are now hooked on passing small or young deer...Almost like a game, who can pass up the most ...Which in turn led my son last year to kill a nice buck...after that , he doe hunted...

I think a lot more people are limiting themselves to 1 buck, and you can see on social media that it is helping. IT shows landowners that it can be done , even on small properties, and it shows hunters that if you wait, you can have a chance a mature buck.

15-Mar-17
Big, that is the attitude we all need to get results.

• Sitka Gear