Mike F 13-Feb-17
CaptMike 13-Feb-17
South Farm 13-Feb-17
CaptMike 13-Feb-17
CaptMike 14-Feb-17
Hoot 14-Feb-17
12-Feb-17

MF's Link
Dr. Deer stirs the pot in Minnesota disease Zone.

12-Feb-17
Al Sharpton of the deer community.

12-Feb-17
Hey, he invented the trailcam,

12-Feb-17
All these state dnrs are just posturing until they shutdown all captive cervid operations.

12-Feb-17
Funny, November is the one always preaching about listening to the professionals but in this case he knows more than a professional? Double talk and hypocrisy.

12-Feb-17
The majority of new cwd cases come from deer farms. Kind of like sharing needles/condom use and the spread of Hiv.

12-Feb-17
I don't consider Doc Deer a professional at all when it comes to CWD. He knows a heck of a lot about fenced deer, though, as well as how to make a living selling deer semen, bait/feed products and himself.

12-Feb-17
Deer, in a fence or out of it, are still deer. Sorry Naz, your bias is once again showing. Concerning CWD, please tell us what any of the scientists know. Start with the ones that pissed away twenty-some million in a failed eradication attempt.

12-Feb-17
I listened to another point of view, from wildlife experts and scientist in MI,,,, One well veteran manager, does not believe at all that CWD will be spread by hunters deer baiting, a practice in the UP for over 30 years,,,,,,, he does however, question some of the products that are in some of the seeds, etc, for food plots, and is not against them, just something that he and others are studying......

MI believes they may kill does next year, only because, again, getting good winter habitat is going slow, mostly because of strangulation regulations, concerning the Federal forest,,,,,,,,

CWD was first discovered in an area, out west, were there were no deer farms, etc, so it did not start there, but no one knows for sure, if deer farming is accelerating it, the jury is still out,,,,,,,

Certainly not enough known to shut down operations, but everyone did agree, that double fencing should be required........

I listened to Kroll when he first came here,,,, He was the first biologist, to spark the warning, that deer herds in the Great Lakes are being mismanaged, by ludicrous wildlife practices, and refusal to put back young forest, in the ecosystem,,,,,He also was a fan of Keith McCaffrey, now retired, one of the best deer managers in the country,,,,

I also did research on Kroll, this guy is no dummy,,,,,, I do not agree with him on many aspects, but learn about someone, you know nothing about, and you might gain some info between your ears,,,,,,

The killing of deer in Wis, was tried, in my opinion, the DNR tried something, they thought would work, well it did not work, so lets move on, and let everyone work together, to maybe someday find a solution..... If I was a Minnesota hunter I would not be happy.......

I do consider him a professional, if you took the time to educate yourself, on his back ground,,,,,,, one thing I learned about him, in my own research, is he does have an open mind, and has changed his attitude, when he learns other ways,,,,,,

Wis in my opinion is on the brink of turning our deer herd around, deer hunting is a billion dollar business, and the management of our herd, was much maligned with the wanton killing of the north from 99 to 2010,,,,, think they learned something than???

No one yet has the answers, work must be done, open minds must prevail, but to repeat the history of known mistakes, is a mistake

12-Feb-17

sagittarius's embedded Photo
CWD Results, By County, Iowa
sagittarius's embedded Photo
CWD Results, By County, Iowa
".... but that there’s merit to the idea of genetically breeding CWD resistance into more whitetails."

Well, since Dr. Deer said it, maybe Republicans might actually listen? But, "genetically breeding", that is like science right? LOL

12-Feb-17
" but everyone did agree, that double fencing should be required........" that stops tire/bird feet soil how? Good to hear all 2,000 plus pens are now doublefenced at least.

12-Feb-17
I was talking with A MN. deer operation guy at Wausau and he posed this question during a cwd discussion with him I know prions can live in plants. Has anyone ever suspected penned deer may be contracting CWD through the feed that is brought in?

13-Feb-17
Our bruoght out? Any pen cervid should be ashamed. Any kennel shooter needs a kotex including brent Favre who owns and has hunted high fence kennel shoots.

13-Feb-17
Hoot- Yes, the deer can get CWD from the feed that has been brought in. It was proved when a farm with a closed herd. They have had zero new deer brought in for over 20 years when it was discovered that bone meal was the source of the disease.

The idea that it can be eradicated from the herd is flawed. Deer form outside the "hot zone" travel into the area and become infected. Just like when a child comes to school with a cold and then the entire class ends up with it. Don't mess with Mother Nature, let her do her work.

13-Feb-17
Mike F. +1

13-Feb-17
Is James Kroll the only deer biologist in America or what?? Seems they could find an expert on northern deer herds a little closer to home.

13-Feb-17
The fact that different states ask Dr. Kroll his opinion would indicate that some of those states respect his opinion a little more then Naz does.

14-Feb-17
I read today that the state of Indiana will begin to enact CDAC's. Amazing that yet another state has embraced ideas of Dr Kroll, particularly in light of the fact that certain outdoor writers do not view him as an expert on whitetail deer.

14-Feb-17
Mike F - Thanks for the information. I liked your analogy.

• Sitka Gear