Passthrough 16-Feb-17
Will 16-Feb-17
N8tureBoy 18-Feb-17
air leak 19-Feb-17
SILVERADO 19-Feb-17
tompolaris 27-Feb-17
SixLomaz 27-Feb-17
12-Feb-17
How many of you shoot lighted nocks? Any input positive or negative welcome. Toying with the idea this year in using them.

12-Feb-17
Nocturnals.

12-Feb-17
Nocturnals..pink are brightest

12-Feb-17
Nockturnals, I thought Green was brightest.

P&Y now recognizes them and they fly the same as regular knocks.

12-Feb-17
I forgot who it was but they just came out with super bright knocks.

12-Feb-17
I think it'd be a lot of fun to step up to the 70-80 yard target line and watch 'em fly, but they don't work too well with Woodies!

They seem like kind of an expensive toy, though... They'd make a lot of sense for hunting in areas where a lost arrow is a No-Go, though.....

12-Feb-17
Nockturnals all the way.. When I shot my big boy it was about 3 minutes before sunset and it was getting dark. I could see the arrow fly through the air and seen where I hit him. At the beginning of the year when I shot my doe I didn't have a lighted knock on and to be honest I didn't even know if I hit her. She was about 10 yards away and after I shot she did take a huff but just walked off.. I was for sure I missed her.. I waited about ten minutes and went to find the arrow. When I came across it I only found the back half covered in blood. I then waited an hr and came across her. Point being I did not see the arrow or had no idea where it went and it was broad daylight at 730 in the morning. Now every one of my bloodsports have a nocturnal on the end of them. I bought red and green and the green puts the red to shame..

12-Feb-17
Carbon express launch pads, nice and bright and easy on and off

12-Feb-17

12-Feb-17

12-Feb-17
I use red on the Xbox because I can't see the arrow coming out compond I just use a white crest and 2 white feathers

12-Feb-17
Might be good in darker locations, like pines on an overcast day. IMHO, green is more visible than red.

12-Feb-17
I use lighted nocks to see exactly where my arrow hits. So I know if I should wait half an hour or six hours before taking up the trail. They are really good for that, not much else. By far most of the deer I shoot are during the first and last hour of legal light so they are really visible going downrange at those times.

I started with luminocks, they suck. Went to tracer nocks, really like them, but the magnet deal is kind of a pain in the arse. Now use nocturnals, I like them but they don't seem to fit too snug on the string when nocked. I'm a little worried that they are going to fall off the string when I draw back, but so far so good. I use the red and can see them just fine. I tried green once but it was the same color as my sight pin and really screwed me up as to which was which after releasing the arrow. I would recommend getting a different color than your pin for sure.

12-Feb-17
I use nocturnals too. But I'm filming my hunts and I wouldn't hunt without being able to see the arrow on cam. If you saw my video I posted here "8pt archery buck kill" I showed the shot in slow motion. The nocturnal was seen 7 or 8 frames in slow motion and I knew exactly where it hit. Here's a tip. If the nocturnal is loose in the arrow push it through a Baggie into the hole. Then tear off the baggie and melt off whats left with a lighter. Still loose use 2 layers. Works great.

13-Feb-17
i tried them all and carbon express launchpads work for me by far better than any of the others. easy on and off and simple adjustment to get them nice and tight in the arrow.

13-Feb-17
i tried them all and carbon express launchpads work for me by far better than any of the others. easy on and off and simple adjustment to get them nice and tight in the arrow.

13-Feb-17
Nocturnal Pinks for me. Read a report sometime ago, maybe a year or two that claimed they were the brightest of the Nocturnals.

13-Feb-17
Nocturnal Pinks.. Test fire them each year.. I had one I bought last year not light up for me this season. Also, you want to know exactly how to turn them off ahead of time. Not difficult, but takes a little practice.

13-Feb-17

nehunter's embedded Photo
I bought a few of these tools, keep one in my vest and one in my pack.

14-Feb-17
thats a cool little gadget, where'd you find that? I usually just use the tip of my knife

14-Feb-17
I think Adam raised a really good point about choosing a different color than the pin that you're most likely to use.

14-Feb-17
Greg - I was looking for some stuff at Lancaster and saw that they have those there.

15-Feb-17

nehunter's Link
Gregg, Cabela's and Bass Pro.

15-Feb-17
You can just use the tip of your fieldpoint or broadhead to turn the nock light off. Nocturnal work great. Pink is definitely the brightest. Easiest to see against the forest floor on a pass through. If the sun is out it really doesn't make much of a difference.....but they are cool to see in flight.

16-Feb-17
I bought the Nockturnals and love shooting them. I am excited to fire one into a deer. I am going to try and film my hunts this year with the use of a camcorder and Tactacam 4.0

16-Feb-17

Passthrough's Link
New nocturnals come out soon which are green and red. They light up like you wouldn't believe. They also made it universal fit finally. I will be purchasing some once they are out in march.

16-Feb-17
I also enjoy Noktournals. They have worked great for me for years now. I keep a "practice" head in my pack which I can use to switch them off if they go on accidentally when I put the arrow on the string. That tool is awesome, I need to look at those. easier to hold for sure.

18-Feb-17
Graz - If they are too loose on your string try dipping the end of the nock into some boiling water for a few seconds and then gently squeezing it together. BTW, Cool tip from Drslyr. I guess it depends on whats loose

19-Feb-17
For the past 2 seasons, I started using blue and red Nocturnals, as I have an HHA with a green, single pin.

No complaints.

19-Feb-17
For me nocturnals worked the best. I've tried several others and wasnt impressed.

27-Feb-17
How long do those nocks last?

27-Feb-17
20 hours of continuous usage. I had some unused in storage for 3+ years that worked just fine when I took them out of package.

Lithium-ion batteries age. They only last two to three years, even if they are sitting on a shelf unused. So do not "avoid using" the battery with the thought that the battery pack will last five years. It won't. Also, if you are buying a new battery pack, you want to make sure it really is new. If it has been sitting on a shelf in the store for a year, it won't last very long. Manufacturing dates are important. Avoid heat, which degrades the batteries.

• Sitka Gear