Tweed 17-Feb-17
Jeff in MN 17-Feb-17
Novemberforever 17-Feb-17
Crusader dad 18-Feb-17
Swampy 18-Feb-17
razorhead 19-Feb-17
Crusader dad 22-Feb-17
16-Feb-17
What the heck happened to our "winter"? This might be the 2nd mildest winter I can remember. The other was the 2011/12 winter.

No skiing, barely any ice fishing, no tracking in the snow. Just a big muddy mess.

So for you guys that enjoy predicting the heard: How much does this mild winter help? What do you think we'll see this fall and the next?

16-Feb-17
we've had a normal winter so far in Wausau w/ more snow than most other areas of the state for some reason. The key here is this will be the third mild winter in a row and no does up north.

16-Feb-17
Northern WI has a little bit more snow with a nasty crust a few inches below. But your right, where is the Winter. Deer will be going into Spring in great shape and I hope we have a great fawn crop because of it.

16-Feb-17
I am PO'ed about this winter too. I remember losing the ice up in Three Lakes in 11 or 12 the 3rd week in March. It was not much later last year though. I was on dark honeycombed late ice in mid-March and that was it after that as the shorelines opened up on our lake.

I'm heading up north with my son today when he gets home for a long weekend on the hard water. I have another trip planned for the 3rd weekend in March. The long range forecast shows cold nights up there after this next week for around a month. I sure hope that is accurate. I love late ice but I am not a fan of last ice.

I've been able to get on my spots on Sturgeon Bay 4 times so far this winter. I had to skip a couple of weeks due to some bad cracks but they closed up. Not sure they will stay closed though.

16-Feb-17
I'm having the best Ice fishing year ever-=can drive on most lakes-20 inches of Ice and no snow- I'm in Hayward. Birkey trial is shutting down for a week so they can ski-skate- mostly ice!

16-Feb-17
This weather is fine by me. I don't ice fish or snowmobile, so the sooner this crap is outa here the better. Heading to my sisters to do some snowshoeing in 2 weeks up north, if there is nothing but icy crust left, then will have to bring more beer.

16-Feb-17
I'm at my place in Minnesota. Raked up branches today that were from a dead pine tree I cut down a month ago. I mowed down the corn stalks in my food plot except for part of 2 rows that had drifted snow in them yet. Not a single cob with any corn on it was left. Caught a possum in a live trap. Above freezing temps predicted pretty much all day the next 6 days. Snowmobile trails here are not usable.

Hayward, yup 4wd vehicles driving pretty much anywhere on the lakes. Probably 8" of snow in the woods but can walk on it without much difficulty as I can walk on top of the bottom 5 or so inches of frozen solid snow cone type of material.

16-Feb-17
Crazy winter - Warm in the 50's they say for the weekend. Still have about ten inches of the white stuff in the forest. I'll probably tap some trees this weekend to see if the saps starting to run. Tapped trees last February which was the earliest I've ever tapped and the sap was running great.

I'm sure the Berkie will be in jeopardy with this warm weather and rain predicted.

16-Feb-17
Golf courses are opening down here! I'll be playing 18 on sat then taking my boy shed hunting in the afternoon. I HATE ice fishing and the sooner spring comes the sooner I can start my exterior jobs so I'm loving this weather. Winter sucks and I for one am really glad this has been an easy one.

16-Feb-17
Almost 40 degrees today. Curiosity got me so I decided to tap a couple of trees today and the sap is running. Tap the rest tomorrow. I love this weather.

17-Feb-17

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
Glad our Winter is not like this!

17-Feb-17
Dropped and bucked a couple tree today.

Horrible timing. Because of the cool night and warm days the sap was running. Was like cutting into water pumps.

17-Feb-17
Weight restrictions going on in the Hayward area. Seems really early. The loggers are going to be hit by this surprise.

17-Feb-17
What winter? 220 taps went in today for the weekend sap run.

18-Feb-17

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo
I have one thing to say! Damn I am one lucky mfer! Springtime in WI is beautiful.

18-Feb-17
Got a few friends together and dragged out some 3d targets at the cabin . Flung some arrow's , had a few pop's , some chili the wife made and hot chocolate . Doing the same thing tomorrow . Was great to get out .

19-Feb-17
I worked yesterday, big fish derby, on the Big Cedar Lake, fishing was good, last of the shacks came off, solid ice about 15 inches, but by 5pm I would say they lost about 3 inches, shorelines getting beat up, if we get rain, it will not be good,,,,,,, However I anticipate this week, to be some great late ice gill fishing

22-Feb-17
Lolol, while it definitely sounds like something I'd say, I didn't make my previous post on this thread. My wife was messing with my phone while I was cleaning leaves off the pool cover. She said she wondered how long it would take me to notice it!

• Sitka Gear