Big-Otis-Jeff 02-Mar-17
hoppies56 02-Mar-17
Babysaph 03-Mar-17
hoppies56 03-Mar-17
babysaph 03-Mar-17
hoppies56 03-Mar-17
Big-Otis-Jeff 05-Mar-17
17-Feb-17
Please contact your senator to support sb 345. This bill opens up public land, in the form of WMA'S, also.

17-Feb-17
Sportsmen and sportswomen need to contact their Senator and Delegate to voice support for this bill. People can still bowhunt before and after church.

17-Feb-17
I am not sure I understand. It opens up public land in the form of WMA's? What does that mean?

17-Feb-17
Public land in the form of state parks are not open.

17-Feb-17
As written it will include private property with landowner permission(as always), State WMAs, State Forests, and National Forests.

17-Feb-17
So ard yo saying we can hunt on State parks?

17-Feb-17
So are you saying I meant

17-Feb-17
No, I am not saying state park . State parks are different than state forests and state WMAs.

Occasionally, they will allow special hunts on State parks like Stonewall and Pipestem to decrease deer population, but that is not what this bill is about.

17-Feb-17
May not get public lands. Contact your representatives and ask for public lands also at a minimum WMAs which were bought or maintained with sportsmens money.

18-Feb-17
I am not sure what I am asking for . Am I asking to hunt on state lands? Am I asking to open up public lands. i am not sure what the bill is supposed to do.

18-Feb-17
It will allow Sunday hunting in all 55 counties. Likely to be amended so no need to get hung up on the specifics. The bigger picture is to get Sunday hunting statewide.

19-Feb-17
Oh I didn't get that from the original post. And I'm all for it if it allows Sunday hunting in all 55 counties. Doesn't even have to be on public land. Why will it be amended? Either we will have Sunday hunting in all 55 counties or we won't.

20-Feb-17
The bill in the present state includes public land and private land. Public land may get taken out. Right now the law only applies to private land and it appears that may be the only thing the legislative reps will go along with.

20-Feb-17
Ok. I got it. Thanks

21-Feb-17
When do they vote on this bill?

21-Feb-17
SB 345 passed Senate Natural Resources Committee yesterday. Private land only

21-Feb-17
So there is statewide hunting on sunday now on private land?

21-Feb-17
Was there also a house bill? I hate to see public land dropped.

21-Feb-17
No not just yet , like it says in Gobblers post just passed, Natural Resources Comm, still has ways to go yet.I think it would have to be voted on by full senate and house, then signed by governor. I could be wrong

21-Feb-17
Oh so I jumped the gun. LOL.

21-Feb-17
JR, did u skip civics class in school? LOL

Bills come out of committee then has to be voted on by full division(Senate or House, depending on where it originated. If passed, then goes to other side(again Senate or House depending on where it originated) if passed then goes to Governor to either sign or veto. Other option is for Governor to not sign then it usually becomes law after 90 days. During either side, it can be amended or have things deleted, either way it has to be voted on by whole House or Senate before it can go to Governor.

Also, some bills have to be double referenced before they can make it to floor for a vote. I think this one has to go from Senate Natural Resources to Senate Judiciary next before it can make it to floor for a vote.

21-Feb-17
Yes. I was out hunting

21-Feb-17
So when does it get some unrelated matter attached to it that guarantees it will fail. Like if you vote for Sunday hunting then a puppy a day will be killed or some done thing like that? LOL

21-Feb-17
We're keeping fingers crossed that no puppies have to die :^)

21-Feb-17
Anyone know who caused public land to be taken out?

22-Feb-17
I don't know but I would say the flower sniffers.

23-Feb-17
But there is an attachment on it now that says county's will have the right to vote no on sunday hunting on a county wide ballot.....doesn't this seem like a 180? Isnt this what the bill is supposed to get rid of?

23-Feb-17
Are sure you are reading the correct bill . SB-345 I didnt read that anywhere.

24-Feb-17
The bill has made it to the senate floor.

27-Feb-17
Hoppies, it was on 2627, Pertaining to opening Big game seasons on Saturday.

02-Mar-17
I also read somewhere today that the house bill is different than what the senate just passed, with the counties to vote on it attached to it?

Anybody heard anything about that?

02-Mar-17
HB 2627 Big game season to begin on Saturday Has written in it counties can vote out Sunday hunting . SB 345 Sunday hunting state wide. Nothing written in it about big game season dates or a county vote . Looks like HB 2667 is dead , and SB 345 has passed senate and introduced in house

03-Mar-17
NO way will they open buck season on a Saturday. JMO. So are the counties going to have to vote on it on are we having Sunday hunting statewide? Are they voting for Sunday hunting or whether or not he counties have to vote on it individually?

03-Mar-17
SB 345 Sunday hunting state wide, No voting by county

03-Mar-17
Good

03-Mar-17
I should say Sunday hunting state wide on private land only.

05-Mar-17
oh..OK....i didn't know HB 2667 was dead, i just knew there was at one time an attachment to that bill to let counties vote on Sunday hunting on a county by county vote.

• Sitka Gear