C.Beck 18-Feb-17
rebbie 13-Mar-17
bowcephus 16-Mar-17
C.Beck 19-Mar-17
T Mac 22-Apr-17
C.Beck 23-Apr-17
T Mac 23-Apr-17
18-Feb-17
Excited to say my daughter is taking her hunters safety course today. We are looking forward to the youth turkey season on Long Island! Does anyone have any spots they would be willing to share for the youth turkey season? It's a long shot but there may be someone out there with a great spot they can only deer hunt because they don't have a youth to take out. I have a few spots that are bow only, she can shoot incredibly accurately but she is not able to pull the legal draw weight for hunting yet. She is proficient with a shot gun. Thanks. -Charlie

13-Mar-17
Very excited for you and your daughter! I can't wait to see what the youth season brings for you guys!

16-Mar-17
Just about every parcel of State Land in 1C holds Turkey..........take a short hike into any parcel and let loose with a box call.........a response is almost guaranteed.........if that doesn't work you can shoot them off my front porch on any given morning and all through the day :)

19-Mar-17
You are probably right Kenneth. Was planning to hit a few pieces that I know have turkeys but heard the youth season is catching on and might find spots already taken. Always good to have options.

22-Apr-17
Any luck? I was out with my son and had a Tom hang up at 50 yards through brush. Will be at it again in morning.

23-Apr-17
Was out yesterday and today. Had a few close calls including one at about 20-25 yards just couldn't get a clear shot. Lots of gobbling both days. Had a great time.

23-Apr-17

T Mac's embedded Photo
T Mac's embedded Photo
We hit it again today. Had 3 birds coming in at 11:50 but wouldn't commit to decoys and started to move away so my son started a stalk at 11:56 shooting time ends at 12:00 he went over to where we last saw them but they had moved off. It came right down to the wire and we had a lot of fun. Close both days but just couldn't seal the deal.

• Sitka Gear