Banjo 19-Feb-17
RC 19-Feb-17
hawkeye in PA 19-Feb-17
DaleHajas 19-Feb-17
Shortdraw 19-Feb-17
HARRY CARRY 19-Feb-17
19-Feb-17

DaleHajas's Link
Go ahead and click the link and listen to the music while you return to the thread.

Welcome to the New Age.....

Welcoming participants to the Alverton Valley and Strictly Sticks is the lovely iridescent glow of Nuclear Creek. One little advantage of the algae filled turquoise/orange colored water is that when you cross the creek you can stop on the bridge and stand there for a few seconds so your phone will recharge! A really nice homey kind of feature while you listen to the birds chirping to the "gloop gloop" of the boiling water. Kinda takes me back to a Lord of The Rings moment:)

The mountains were filled with bright eyed poet-archers anxious to encounter the New Aged mutants such as the Whitetail Muley Lope and the most feared Mountain Leopard Lion! However.....There is a dark side to the little valley..... One of stuffed animals, white stuff filling randomly resting among the coke ash upon the ground, now discolored only reminds participants of previous wars on the mountain. Legend has but one Teddy bear zombie still threatening the archers of the valley.

19-Feb-17

DaleHajas's embedded Photo
A great new target!
A great new target!
So today had me solo on a trip to the hills to rehabilitate my lower body.. Can I finish the entire course? I would give it the Ole College try. A bounty of new Rhineharts made it a wonderful shoot for sure, the Coon, The Sheep the numerous whitetail deer and a marvelous black bear greeted me in the woods

19-Feb-17

I think this coon was like....80 yards away?
I think this coon was like....80 yards away?
A walk in the park for The 60 Grizzly
A walk in the park for The 60 Grizzly
I did quite well today.... It seemed like all my buddies were already busy shooting with other folks and didnt want too big of a group. Hmmm I guess it was just coincidence everytime I would ask to join a group of my buddies they were "already full" and that would be followed by some snickering...... Oh Well

Anyhow I learned that its REALLY EASY to get 10 rings when you shoot by yourself! RC always told me this.....

19-Feb-17

Another 10 ring yawn
Another 10 ring yawn

19-Feb-17

The ram target is just awesome!
The ram target is just awesome!
The wolf also a fantastic target
The wolf also a fantastic target
3/4 of the way thru the shoot I encounter shortdraw and the 2 good looking 3rds of the group that were stuck shooting with him. He was enjoying my shooting even though the group was several targets ahead of me.

Someone would yell out 10 Ring after I would shoot and shortdraw would laugh... Great fun above Nuclear creek!

19-Feb-17
As I entered the exit tunnel of Toxicity, target 29, I could sense the quietness of the sylvan woods. Nary a peep of avian joy. A smell of sulphur took over the small tunnel. A snap of a twig and there he was the Toxic Teddy Bear! He was dragging his now void of stuffing leg, flapping in the wind as the trail of white stuffing behind him! The gurgling was not of the orange water but the erratic breathing of the Toxic vermin!

It was the moment of truth..... I drew the Old Bear loaded now with the hyper-neon wrapped angel of death arrow and anti life after death points.... Would the legend live on? Or put to an everlasting death spin, guaranteeing stuffing for bird nests everywhere for years?

FWIW- I never went to college....

19-Feb-17

Nothing but a memory:)
Nothing but a memory:)
Welcome to the New Age

19-Feb-17
Thanks for the post Dale, glad you had a good time.

19-Feb-17
You would think Randy Dandy would give the teddy a proper burial:)

Dale, I've never seen you shoot so many 10's in a single day, let alone a year.

I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THOSE 10 RING CAMERAS, lmfao:)

19-Feb-17
Sir Ten Ring, nice pictures with a good story! Good seeing you today.

19-Feb-17
I was legendary today.... Even if nobody saw it :) Lol when I got home i had a hard time getting out of my truck as my legs hurt! Its a good hurt tho:)

Shoots are alot of fun without Red Beastmaster huh? Too bad shortdraw was there tho...i couldnt make the course without a few hot dog jokes by the time I Finished it. I had a good time today:)

19-Feb-17
Nice memories from the day "Hotdog"!

19-Feb-17
There are legends, and there are legendary days. To encounter both, in, as you say, such a sylvan setting, is what some Archer-Poets strive their entire beings, in earnest yearning.

The remnants of the Apocalypse, whichever one you choose, can be found, if only one is willing to take the time, the effort, and the vision in order to see.

The dust on our quivers quite possibly could have fallen from nare Ashen skies today, echoes of the Big Bang so long ago. Or, it could have been from a shotguns' big bang, whacking a vulture left to rot in an above tree. The choice...is yours.

But, as Dale Hajas, Archer-Poet discovered, the Toxic Bear lives on, in a life of becoming one-with-the-earth. Is that not a life worthy of living?

We have picked up that bear many times, and given him a proper burial. But, most interestingly, he returns to the woods. Returns, as in....reappears.

No one knows how this is done, nor by what Entity. As Archers, we have decided that the Spirits of The Sacrificed Arrow, the hundreds that lie in wait o'er these sacred Alverton Hillsides, must have manifested an energy stronger than any of us can imagine. The energy of the Bow and the Arrow.

Strong Medicine, indeed.

The future will see that bear again, until one day, the future will not see the bear. Only in our collective and singular souls will we know what we saw, or really, what we THOUGHT we saw. And in due time, there will come a day when the bear, and those who remember when it danced ropedly against a tree, shall have become a part of the legend of those sacred hills.

Our footprints last a lifetime if we are willing to remember. Our arrows break not only the barrier of the target, but the passage of time, from the moment of release to the next moment of targetual impact.

The Toxic Bear has witnessed it all, a silent monolith to a quiet, Strictly Sticks legend.

You have been a part of it, if your feet and bowstrings passed by. It will remember you.

When memory is all that lasts.....

• Sitka Gear