Wild Bill 17-Mar-17
Wild Bill 17-Mar-17
Wild Bill 17-Mar-17
bigbuckbob 17-Mar-17
Lefty3213a 18-Mar-17
Wild Bill 18-Mar-17
bigbuckbob 20-Mar-17
19-Feb-17
30 3D-Targets set threw out our club grounds, we attempt to give you realistic hunting scenario shots at the targets to practice your skill as both a marksman and hunter. There is a prize for the top shooter of the day as well as a door raffle prize which your entry fee automatically puts you in the running for.

You will also be entered into the CAA yearlong raffle for a chance to win a bow

Along with a novelty raffle : For $5 you get 3 arrows: 12-Ring 5 tickets 10-Ring gets you 3 raffle tickets, 8-Ring is 2 tickets and a body shot is 1 ticket

The price is $15 per person for non-members, $10 for club members and children under 10 shoot for free

Food and Drink will be available

Club Website- housatonicarchers.com/ Directions event: http://goo.gl/maps/XbIVm Facebook event: Facebook.com/events/665639146954446/

03-Mar-17
30 3D-Targets set threw out our club grounds, we attempt to give you realistic hunting scenario shots at the targets to practice your skill as both a marksman and hunter. There is a prize for the top shooter of the day as well as a door raffle prize which your entry fee automatically puts you in the running for. You will also be entered into the CAA yearlong raffle for a chance to win a bow

Along with a novelty raffle : For $5 you get 3 arrows: 12-Ring 5 tickets 10-Ring gets you 3 raffle tickets, 8-Ring is 2 tickets and a body shot is 1 ticket

The price is $15 per person for non-members, $10 for club members and children under 10 shoot for free

Club Website- housatonicarchers.com/ Directions event: http://goo.gl/maps/XbIVm Facebook event: Facebook.com/events/665639146954446/

03-Mar-17
Are rangefinders allowed? Never did a formal shoot.

03-Mar-17
Yes you can use a range finder

06-Mar-17
They make it easy but they can throw some people off, I bring mine but I only use it after I have shot the target to see how close I was at guessing the yardage. Other wise I have it in my head that something is like 25 yards out but then if I range it before I shoot and it says 27.5 I get in my head and end up messing up my shot.

06-Mar-17
lefty - before rangefinders I was very good at judging 20 yards, so yards from my tree then another 20 yards was my max of 40 yards. When I got on stand I would pick the 20 yard trees or rock and then the 40,...it was easy.

Then I got a rangefinder and I spent more time ranging the deer as it moved closer and I was less prepared to shoot. Now I rarely use it and I asked out of curiosity for the 3D shoot because some clubs don't allow them. I still use it out west where there are less trees and the size of an elk in the open is hard for me to judge, still a rookie.

11-Mar-17
Ya I understand that perfectly, thats why I dont use mine till after I shoot. Its kinda like using a calculator all the time instead of doing the math out, you wont learn unless you do it the hard way. But yes we allow them, you can also use binoculars if you are unfamiliar with a targets vitals area

11-Mar-17
30 3D-Targets set threw out our club grounds, we attempt to give you realistic hunting scenario shots at the targets to practice your skill as both a marksman and hunter. There is a prize for the top shooter of the day as well as a door raffle prize which your entry fee automatically puts you in the running for. You will also be entered into the CAA yearlong raffle for a chance to win a bow Along with a novelty raffle : For $5 you get 3 arrows: 12-Ring 5 tickets 10-Ring gets you 3 raffle tickets, 8-Ring is 2 tickets and a body shot is 1 ticket

13-Mar-17
The shoot will still be going on even with the expected snow

15-Mar-17
Do they allow snowshoes? :)

16-Mar-17
yeah bring your snowshoes and your toboggan and a saint Bernard .

16-Mar-17
Gotta pick up my bow from Newbury this weekend before I can do anything.

16-Mar-17
Bbb,ask Barry if you could sight in on his 160yrd target..lol

17-Mar-17
I saw his video, pretty cool.

17-Mar-17

Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Some of us train for winter shoots.

17-Mar-17

Just don't miss. Like that small hole in the snow just over the back.

17-Mar-17

Ooops! Photos reversed order.

17-Mar-17

17-Mar-17
Where are snow geese? The difficult targets are snowshoe hare and ptarmigan.

18-Mar-17
The powers that be have over ruled me and decided to cancel the shoot scheduled for tomorrow 3/19. Im sorry for the last minute call on this, I just found out this morning. I apologize for any inconvenience that this last minute call might cause anyone who planed to attend

18-Mar-17

Lefty321a,

I shot the Algonquin course today and the snow was pretty deep. Of course, I wore snowshoes and enjoyed myself. However, without snowshoes it would have been tough going. Did you have any plan to make a walkway around the course?

20-Mar-17
I was up the club yesterday, Sunday and no one had been at the target range since it snowed, so walking around was terrible. Some places would hold your weight and others didn't. Good call to cancel.

• Sitka Gear