DeerBuilder.com
Need help with turkey license on GoWild.
Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
Per48R 21-Feb-17
razorhead 21-Feb-17
Drop Tine 21-Feb-17
stoney 21-Feb-17
sharpspur@home 21-Feb-17
Per48R 21-Feb-17
skookumjt 21-Feb-17
Mike F 21-Feb-17
skookumjt 21-Feb-17
Duke 21-Feb-17
Naz 21-Feb-17
Per48R 22-Feb-17
RutnStrut 22-Feb-17
Drop Tine 22-Feb-17
HunterR 22-Feb-17
21-Feb-17
I have been an IT professional for 30 years. Just yesterday I renewed the certificate on or IIS server, but I can't find how to select my drawn turkey tag and add a left over. Glad I decided to do check a day early (want also one of tomorrows zone 3 left over tag).

I read through the yellow selected to receive a permit card looking for a hint on how to proceed. NOPE. But I did notice they printed my DNR customer number except no last digit. Humm.

I went through web site license process twice. Get to https://gowild.wi.gov/products/catalog/hunttrap and can't see anything for turkey. See the "Go Wild Conservation Card" everywhere I go but no Turkey.

I am using Windows 10 with the most current version of Google Chrome browser. Not seeing any pop ups being blocked. Just can't find the option to select my drawn turkey permit let alone the left over. I have tried hunt/trap, applications and for all the other option on the "Product Catalog" page.

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I will stop at the hardware store and abandon the help youself (read that cost saving) tool the DNR plans to build its future around.

21-Feb-17
the extras do not go on sale till March

21-Feb-17
March 20th the leftovers start to go on sale. Zone 1 first.

21-Feb-17
You are jumping the gun. 2017 licenses go on sale the 1st week of March usually around the time of the Milwaukee Sports Show & extra permits go on sale the week of March 20th.

21-Feb-17
Book smart vs. common sense lol

21-Feb-17
Yep "Book smart vs. common sense lol". Of course, if I was printing the cards I would have added to "on at "GoWild.WI.Gov "after March 1, 2017" or whatever the date is. I would have even put it on the website in an obvious place. If anyone can find a posting on when the GoWild will allow me to purchase a 2017 license let me know. Your a better man then I am, if you can find that. I gave up searching the DNR site and general Google searches after finding only the dates for 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016 in the 20 minutes I was willing to waste looking. Oh and of course I would like to know the time of day, midnight, noon, 10 am........

21-Feb-17
Even if the extra tags went on sale tomorrow, you wouldn't be able to log on and buy one today.

21-Feb-17

Mike F's Link
Here is the link. Good Luck!

21-Feb-17
You mean like the giant green box at the top of the Go Wild page that says when leftover tags go on sale?

21-Feb-17
I'm not sure what Per48R is referencing whether it is the leftover tags, or is simply referencing the license for those who were awarded a tag? Typically, you can purchase the license starting a couple of weeks prior to the leftover tag sale if my memory serves me right as to purchase a leftover tag you need to already have purchased a license. I do see the leftover sales dates with each unit, however don't see when the general license for those awarded goes on sale? -Anyone have this date? The site can be a bit confusing coupled with our system...

21-Feb-17

Naz 's Link
http://dnr.wi.gov/permits/springturkey.html

22-Feb-17
Allow me to apologize and clarify. My intent was to go to the new license tool "before" the left over tags went on sale to check it out. My intent was to buy the drawn tag during that trial run and come back later to buy the coveted early period left over tag. I hoped figuring out how to buy my drawn tag would keep me from stumbling around next month to draw zone 3 and the earliest period I could get. No matter what I clicked on, where I looked for more information (ie the yellow postcard or DNR web site), I could not find how to purchase my drawn turkey tag. Nor could I find a reason as to why my attempts were fruitless. I wrongly used the prompt of the yellow post card sitting on my desk (for a few weeks) as a reminder to go buy the tag I had drawn. I should have -somehow- known that "Licenses are available from any license sales location or online..." didn't mean available NOW. Oh well, nothing ventured - nothing lost.

I wonder how many first time license buyers and/or out of state hunters would have not been as mislead as I was?

22-Feb-17
Per48R, you are absolutely correct that the new and "improved" system is not user friendly. Don't sweat what some others have said. There are some here that can't handle any criticism of the DNR. Even when it is warranted.

22-Feb-17
I like the go wild card but navagating the web site is challenging.

22-Feb-17
"I wonder how many first time license buyers and/or out of state hunters would have not been as mislead as I was?"

I would imagine many are misled and not just first time buyers. The DNR has a knack for making things confusing, not user friendly at all, and complicating things for no reason. I've often wondered if the DNR can't help but be this bad at so many of the things they do or if they intentionally make things complicated to warrant all the chair warmer positions and extended hours they "need" to answer confused hunter's questions.

• Sitka Gear