woodstick 22-Feb-17
babysaph 22-Feb-17
babysaph 22-Feb-17
woodstick 22-Feb-17
Babysaph 22-Feb-17
woodstick 22-Feb-17
Babysaph 22-Feb-17
21-Feb-17
Anybody seen this yet? Bill to make opening day of all big game start on a Saturday?

IDK..........I dont think i like that....i dont though.

22-Feb-17
HB 2627 also puts in "creating a ballot measure permitting counties to prohibit Sunday hunting on private land if a majority of voters within the county approve the prohibition".

22-Feb-17
I don't like add-ons or a backdoor that could undermine Sunday hunting, but weekend big game openers would be nice for working people. It's tough going to work for 5 days in April while the neighbors are limiting out on gobblers. At least 1/3 of the bucks only gun harvest happens on monday, if you have to wait until Saturday your chance to see a buck are very low.

22-Feb-17
So now they can hunt 3 extra days. One extra Saturday and 2 Sunday's. Hammer those deer LOL. Woodstick. your chances on Saturday will be the same as a Monday if Saturday is going to be the first day. But that and Sunday hunting will add 2 days to the season if I am right.

22-Feb-17

hoppies56's Link
bill 2627 asks that a big game season start on sat but would likely end on Friday of a 2 week season . . I dont see this bill going to far ,

22-Feb-17
Sorry about the link not working , still working on that.

22-Feb-17
Oh that wasn't how I understood it. You are right. That won't happen. Where can I go read the wording on the bill to see exactly what it is asking for ?

22-Feb-17
You can do a google for search Wv legislature , and go to Bill Status or www.legis.state.wv.us/ and go to Bill Status . Bill are listed by number , you can read text or see the what is pending in committee.

22-Feb-17
Thanks so much. I am learning my civics

22-Feb-17
Season dates and bag limits should all be determined by the Natural Resources Commission based on science provided by wildlife biologists - not politicians. It's a slippery slope folks!

22-Feb-17
Babysaph, my chances are better on Saturday or Sunday, because I'm working on Monday. I wouldn't be as interested in bucks only firearms as I would be in spring gobbler and muzzle loader season. I don't see it getting any traction against years of tradition opening buck season on Monday of thanksgiving week. The biggest selling point for me is that it's currently illegal to hunt on any Sunday preceding a big game opener on monday. That's buck season, muzzy, and spring gobbler. That knocks you out of two good days in the fall, even in bow only counties. I'd like to see that clause go away even if this bill does to.

22-Feb-17
I never said anything about your chances. I just said that if they want a season to come in on Saturday and end on a Friday then I can't see that happening. I also can't see them adding 2 more days. But that is just me

22-Feb-17
BTW, I work Monday's too

22-Feb-17
"LOL. Woodstick. your chances on Saturday will be the same as a Monday if Saturday is going to be the first day."

I know, we all work Mondays and a many of us a fortunate enough to vacation days. But we have 3 big game seasons that open on Mondays and I don't know about small game without looking at the calandar. I think I've seen where you written that our regs are too confusing. It would be nice to have some kind of simplified standard for opening a season.

22-Feb-17
I assumed you would be hunting on Monday.

22-Feb-17
Sometimes I will(especially spring gobbler), but I can guarantee the local, professional trout fishermen will be hunting any day of the week while you and I are working. I won't usually take a day off to fight the orange army.

22-Feb-17
I hear ha.

• Sitka Gear