deerstalker 27-Feb-17
bigbuckbob 27-Feb-17
notme 27-Feb-17
bigbuckbob 27-Feb-17
Will 27-Feb-17
24-Feb-17

>>---CTCrow--->'s embedded Photo
>>---CTCrow--->'s embedded Photo
I got this from Utah conservation officers facebook page. It shows how resilient deer are. They will survive many shots we are sure they won't.

Take a close look at this, absolutely amazing! This deer was shot several years prior and when they dressed it out they found this! Someone shot the deer years prior, but it wasn't a fatal shot. It broke a few ribs and the arrow broke off, the deer's body used the arrow as a splint and the bone grew around the shaft (notice the Bear Razorhead)! Photo by Robert Stegall, who's father shot the deer.

24-Feb-17
That is ridiculous.. Absolutely amazing. That deer must of been shot as a youngster and all those years he survived. I guess the right bh was used this time!!!

24-Feb-17
crow - I never would have thought that a deer hit in the ribs would survive. Amazing.

24-Feb-17
Amazing. I will never complain about a paper cut again... Looks like it was a sharp quartering toward shot and it just skimmed along inside the ribcage leaving lung intact. Hope the guy doing the field dressing didn't find it the hard way!

25-Feb-17
" Hope the guy doing the field dressing didn't find it the hard way! "

Good point N8tureBoy. It could help greatly if we examine our deer before poking around blindly inside.

"I guess the right bh was used this time!!! " Shot placement would have made the difference in this case.

" Looks like it was a sharp quartering toward shot " Maybe so, but it also could have bent the point tip and deflected to that angle. Amazing how the bone grew around the shaft for the first three and fifth ribs, probably splitting them to do so.

Thanks for the photo Crow.

27-Feb-17
very interesting topic ! great photo Thanks for the posting.

27-Feb-17
I got a sliver once that I couldn't get out of my finger,.......that was pretty bad! ;)

27-Feb-17
That should be been a "ah ha" moment..a patented black n Decker sliver removal tool...

27-Feb-17
We already have saws and drills, wasn't sure which one to use though.

27-Feb-17
Amazing!

• Sitka Gear