Walleye Guy 28-Feb-17
25-Feb-17

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Good move Don!

25-Feb-17
Not gonna happen

25-Feb-17
That's funny. I wouldn't mind. Definitely would give the bucks a chance to grow. Although some people don't care about horns and just want the meat. To each there own

25-Feb-17
We already practice our own way of QDM. We let kids shoot what they want and the rest of us wait,

25-Feb-17
I would be for it but won't happen in Wi. Raise non res fee to $300 would be better.

25-Feb-17
Too many weekend warriors during gun season. With the point restrictions I could see a lot of shoot now, ask questions later.

25-Feb-17
We already see plenty of small bucks that are left to rot. Not that it has anything to do with this other than we might start seeing more 6 pointers rotting.

The same rule in SE Minnesota is producing more 10's and 12's in the areas that I hunt. Kids can still shoot smaller ones but their tag cannot be shared.

25-Feb-17

Mindbender's embedded Photo
The guy is mentally. Unstable at best. Might be talking about his iq at best!!! I

25-Feb-17
But but, you lefty liberal butthurt whiners love commies!

25-Feb-17
Sorry not a liberal. Voted conservative every election since 1980. Love my country. Love my flag.llll. Served three tours! Nut case at best.! And I'm a commie?

26-Feb-17
Name: Craig Csins from Wisconsin Bowsite Handle: "Mindbender" Take a trip to community forum u will find a few like minded there

26-Feb-17
And I suppose Obama sending all that money to Iraq and pardoning all those domestic criminals and letting all those gitmo prisoners out was a good thing? And a ton of other crap he did at the end of his term. Shit, why do I let myself even respond to this stuff.

26-Feb-17
You can serve in the military and still be an idiot, If you believe Trump is a Russian plant, or has committed some kind of treason, you sir are an idiot. I stand corrected.

26-Feb-17
RJN. Ok $300 for non-residents since we don't pay our fair share. That is the common logic. Then we need to really look at everyone paying their fair share. So if the nonresident pay property taxes on private land in WI same do they pay the $300? These nonresident land owners are paying their way. I say once you have 40 acres or more you should not be paying the nonresident license. That being said the DNR should look at residences who are taking and not giving back. For example those that use public land should they should pay extra as well since they aren't paying their share. Maybe they should double their license fees as well. If you are a resident that has no land but gets permission from someone then you are also not paying your fair share either so you pay 1/2 more for license so you get your opportunity.

The let's double the fees on nonresidents gets old. The fact is if WI had better job opportunities then we would still be living there. Lived in WI 32 years and would have purchase a lifetime license but that wasn't an option. Now that my job moved me out of state people's comments likes RJN's are making me the problem as a nonresident. Would a $300 license stop me from hunting our land in Wisconsin? No, I just ordered $500 worth of fruit trees and spent over $1800 last year in gas drive to our hunting land. It isn't about the $ that annoys me. It is the fact that living in WI doesn't make you better in regards to contributing to wildlife. You pay you taxes on your house. Big deal so do and PETA people in Madison so that argument doesn't hold water. Hunters dollars are what impacts better Wildlife management in WI. Look at the nonresident harvest numbers, then look at the money raised. That is expensive deer meat. The fact is if you raise the nonresident fees the people who will stop coming are the younger generation trying to get by but want to hunt with friends or those that just come to hang with the family during the season. These are who will stop coming. So the amount of revenue will not increase and you will just taken away the opportunity for these people.

26-Feb-17
Read my lips.

26-Feb-17

Read my lips. 4 point rule. To take effect!

26-Feb-17
Trump gets butt hurt over the dumbest things. I like his policies on immigration and few other issues. He seems to be his biggest enemy and time will tell if he stays true to his promises.

26-Feb-17
post all the selfies here you want, you are still a liberal idiot.

26-Feb-17
There you go again. ! FAKE NEWS!

26-Feb-17
Ah, the whiney butthurt snoflake is strong in this one, time for your safe space.

26-Feb-17
Great thread guys. Thanks for keeping predictability alive.

26-Feb-17
Doug, if someone has enough resources to own, maintain and pay taxes in 40 acres of recreational or otherwise land, then $300 tag would be probably just be chumps change to him anyways.

26-Feb-17

huntnfish43's embedded Photo
huntnfish43's embedded Photo

26-Feb-17
Now I remember why I stayed off here for so long. So yes, I think 14 or 15 feet is a good average height. At least for me. Those that want to go higher & are comfortable with that....good deal. Lower.....Cool. Farther Left or Right? To each his own.

26-Feb-17
Dang, now I'm on the wrong thread. Never Mind.

26-Feb-17
I heard ya loud and clear, Albino. Thanks for the input!

26-Feb-17
Tweed true enough. Again not about the $ for these guys. However these guys are contributing more to the Wildlife system than the public land hunter and most of the guys hunting on their buddy's farm. Glad those guys are out hunting, just get tired of the "raise the fees on nonresident guys" as they only hurt the guys getting back to hanging with family and friends. I also think that guys owning 40 acres can afford the fees but since they are contributing already they should be getting a better license than the nonresident guy that are not land owners. Again not a make or break idea but a nonresident land owner license would be a good gesture.

26-Feb-17
If the concept is that a 40 acre landowner contributes more tax $$$ to the local economy that is great but irrelevant. If he is contributing to the deer herd I don't buy that either since they probably don't let anyone but friends and family hunt it therefore any benefit does not go to the public. So if Tax money is a key to a reduced NR license fee then the logical criteria is how much real estate tax money they pay. After all, many of those 40 acre and bigger parcels are in the forest crop closed program and don't contribute all that much tax money. Problem with that is that non hunters will holler about it, especially the liberals in Madison.

26-Feb-17
Jeff good point on the tax part as many of these guys do get into management programs I see that is a good point but I disagree with the fact that the guys owning 40 are not helping the deer herd and overall wildlife habitat. They probably don't drive the deer and limit the hunting pressure. I look at the contributions as to helping with management of better ground for the Wildlife. In the end all I want to end is the people on here that make their "enemies" the nonresident hunters and the "raise the fee rhetoric." You want better hunting in your area improve the habitat and that takes time and $.

26-Feb-17
bowhuntingdoug, I agree with your statement that many landowners do manage their land for deer habitat. What I meant was that others (neighbors and especially the general public) do not gain much from those efforts.

26-Feb-17
Doug- in a way I see your point but no one forced you to move out of state or improve your land. You can also enroll in closed mfl and pay around $400/yr per 40 acres. $300 is average compared with all other Midwest license fees.

26-Feb-17
The truth is I did get forced out of Wisconsin by a governor's ruling. I have a school administrator license that the government of Wisconsin did not recognize even though the degree was from a Wisconsin University. Long story but issue is with when I got my teaching license and then admistrator's. My family did not want to move but with more than a $100,000 in student loans and no jobs available, staying in WI wasn't an option. We were told get 5 years of administration experience and you can get a license in WI. That was 9 years ago and I have been a Principal or Superintendent all those years. Two years ago I tried again and was still being turned away by the bureaucracy in Madison. So yes I was forced to move.

26-Feb-17
bowhuntndoug - As Gov. Dreyfuss once said, "Madison, 65 square miles surrounded by reality."

26-Feb-17
Hoot - you hit the nail on the head! Right on! I have lived (but not now) in Madison for over 50 years and some of the hijinks that go on are almost beyond belief and description. Oftentimes I wonder how our supposedly educated and intelligent leaders and public servants can make some of the decision they do. It can baffle logic and common sense!

27-Feb-17
I still think that the license fees should be reciprocal...if Iowa charges 500 so should Wi. ( for the guys from Iowa). Seems fair to me. I'm still waiting for the unicorn season details to come out. Guys have referred to the "good guys"...well they have their hands on the steering wheel in the governor's office, the assembly, the House, the Senate and the Oval office. It should be just sunshine, unicorns and glitter-

27-Feb-17
I would agree with crowndip on the reciprocal part. Perfect. That would be in my own opinion.

28-Feb-17
lame crown dip + 2.

28-Feb-17
I would love to see reciprocal fees. Minnesota did that about 4 years ago. It got repealed the following year. Iowa deer hunters would come up to Minnesota to hunt not knowing about the change. They were furious as were resorts etc when those hunter just went back home. That rage hit the legislators and it was history after one season. I am guessing the same would happen in Wisconsin if it ever got passed.

28-Feb-17
Keep in mind that Iowa charges non-residents $544 to bow hunt and you must be drawn in the lottery to get a license. Iowa non-residents can drive to MN and spend $165 on an over the counter archery license. The is a pretty dramatic difference in license cost and approach. I realize the habitat and philosophy on deer management vary greatly between Iowa and MN so that certainly plays into the equation.

• Sitka Gear