HunterR 25-Feb-17
smokey 25-Feb-17
skookumjt 25-Feb-17
Tweed 25-Feb-17
Rookie 27-Feb-17
skookumjt 27-Feb-17
Live2hunt 28-Feb-17
25-Feb-17
Has any one ever did a prescribed burn in there timber.

25-Feb-17
There aren't very many reasons to burn in timber.

25-Feb-17
How large of an area are you talking about?

25-Feb-17
Burning in anything has the first question; What do you wish to accomplish?

Not to start an arguement with Skook but there are reasons to underburn. Yes, I have burned in timber.

25-Feb-17
There are, but they are few and it's a much more complex operation.

25-Feb-17
Didn't native Americans do burning in timber which creates a park like ecology under the canopy? I heard during these times people could easily ride horses through the woods because it was so open and the deer thrives because of new vegetation.

27-Feb-17
The St Croix band burned a small Pearce near me this past summer in timber. It all came back up ferns and grass.... You know where the deer are now!

27-Feb-17
Most timber in WI is not fire tolerant and Rx fire is contraindicated. Fire is a great tool for specific goals in the right habitat.

28-Feb-17
We went to Idaho on an Elk hunt after/during a big wildfire event out there. I asked a warden at the station about how bad it burned because of all the news around the terrible wildfires out there. He stated "what bad fires? they were all good burns". When we got up to the areas that burned, there was no underbrush and there was already about 2" of lush green grass growing under the trees. But, Skook's last statement is true, the Idaho fire burned through the dry underbrush so fast that it did little damage to the trees.

• Sitka Gear