Westksbowhunter 28-Feb-17
Rack101 01-Mar-17
Scooby-doo 01-Mar-17
Kansasclipper 01-Mar-17
Scooby-doo 01-Mar-17
Westksbowhunter 02-Mar-17
28-Feb-17

Silvercreek's Link
If so, how do you do it? Gold Tip arrows has a good read. Thanks.

28-Feb-17
To me paper tuning is worthless. Who cares what an arrow does at 3 feet? Instead try walk back tuning and bare shaft tuning. Much more effective for grouping broadheads. I start by bare shaft tuning so I have the correct spine. Cutting down the arrow in 1/4 segments at a time. Then once the shaft length is determined them walk back tuning for dialing broadheads.

01-Mar-17
Paper tuning first will let you know if you are having any clearance issues. So I always paper tune first and then walk back tune. These two combined usually get broadheads flying well, with possibly only tiny adjustments needed.

01-Mar-17
Paper tuning according to one of my best friends is best done at 12ft. Guys who say this is wrong have no clue, the arrow is still flexing way to much at 3-6ft. My friend has won the worlds and Vegas so I believe he does have a clue. I believe it really helps as a starting point. Shawn

01-Mar-17
If your going to paper tune then I would at 12 feet but paper tuning does nothing if you have selected the wrong shaft. I can put a fletching on any spine shaft and get it to fly through paper. That is no challenge at all. But put a broadhead on there and see what happens with incorrect spine. Being a traditional archer Scooby, you should know that bare shafting is the best method. It is all about spine and not about a fletching and paper.

01-Mar-17
Bareshafting a compound is totally different then a trad bow, no side pressure on a compound and now mostly no rest contact once launched. Shawn

02-Mar-17
Really? So we should not do it?

• Sitka Gear