PECO 01-Jun-17
BIGHORN 01-Jun-17
Destroyer350 01-Jun-17
Ziek 01-Jun-17
PECO 02-Jun-17
03-Mar-17
Anyone finding antler sheds yet?

03-Mar-17
I had three bucks, two shooters and one younger one, in my yard a couple of nights ago. All three still had the headgear with them.

03-Mar-17
The big bucks I'm watching to get their sheds still had horns a few days ago- I'll probably take a walk anyhow to see if I don't find a few early ones.

03-Mar-17
I've been wondering the same. Hoping for a little free time to go take a look soon!

03-Mar-17
I was out last Sunday, yesterday and today - nothing. I did see 3 bucks today that still had both sides. The earliest I found a brown antler last year was February 18th.

04-Mar-17
Its a good sign that they still have their head gear. Means they are still in good shape!

Just saw they are closing shed hunting out NW of Craig. Actually, the winter is not that bad up this way. Seems easier than last year by a long shot.

05-Mar-17
Found one fresh drop today, last night I killed a deer but it was on highway 50 along Blue Mesa with a Uhaul truck. Tons of deer and elk along the road.

06-Mar-17

wkochevar's embedded Photo
wkochevar's embedded Photo
Found this shed last week 15' off my training trail west of town. I can't imagine how many people had to have walked right by it (100's) thank goodness. Still looking for the match....

07-Mar-17
Last weekend I picked up 6 whites, a brown pair and a dead head while scouting turkey.

The brown pair was a small 4x4. I looked over 50-60 bucks and only a few were missing one side, and they were all yearling spike/fork horns. The biggest bucks all had both sides still.

I did see 3 trucks full of Utah guys out looking for sheds, they only found a few small ones. Of course they had to end up in my area as the NW units were closed

07-Mar-17
Wow, that is an impressive find for a popular area!

09-Mar-17
Big buck was in the yard this morning with both sides still-

09-Mar-17
wkochevar

Way to go SELECT. My daughter was on select until she started high school

10-Mar-17
hahaha I thought that was a brewery sweatshirt, so I looked it up. Hockey!

12-Mar-17
Found this winterkill just behind my house

13-Mar-17
I've been out looking around a little, have not found anything yet.

13-Mar-17
Nice find Mathewsman! I went to a new area on Saturday and only found an old white. All the bucks around town are still carrying both sides.

13-Mar-17
Saw a buck on the way to the pool this morning with both sides. Grass in our yard is greening up and had 25+ does in the yard walking to my garage-

So far we've found 4 or 5 respectable new drops- nothing super big yet.

13-Mar-17
Hey, 25 does and 4-5 respectable drops is pretty good. I'm not sure I have seen 5 male deer in the last 3 months around Loveland/foothills.

17-Mar-17
Hey guys. I moved down to Littleton from Fort Collins to get ready for my baby boy to come into this world next month. I'm looking for places that I may be able to do some hiking and shed hunting, but it seems most of the areas post signs stating you must stay on trail, yadda yadda. Has anybody had luck down in the Roxborough State Park/Sharptail SWA? I'm not looking for honey holes, just somewhere that I might have a little luck. Are those areas heavily frequented by hikers? I'm new to the whole western shed hunting deal in terms of wintering ranges, etc. Being from the UP where whitetail don't do a whole lot of migrating, I never had much issue back home. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Just want to get out and have some fun.

17-Mar-17
Hey Yooper, I don't think you can get off the trail there at Roxborough and I imagine most of them are picked up pretty quick after they drop. It is extremely competitive around here for sheds. I went to one of my honey holes yesterday and ran into a guy 7 miles back and he nor I found anything. I try to find the deepest, nastiest place on a map that no one in their right mind would hike to and try there.

18-Mar-17
Destroyer thanks for the tip. I didn't realize it was so competitive!

20-Mar-17
Yooper / Destroyer, My .02 is that the area gets a lot of use. The trails are dry (for now) earlier than usual and so there is even more activity than usual for this time of year. I live in Rox Park and have yet to see a buck that has shed antlers as of yet. I was just joking with my 12 year old to reach out the window and give a tug on one antlers of one the nice bucks in my yard yesterday AM! So don't give up as there are still plenty to be dropped!

24-Mar-17
2 bucks sparing in my yard yesterday, I was hoping to see some antlers drop, nope.

24-Mar-17
After my early morning swim workout today, I saw a buck walking the sidewalk here before light in Town with only 1 large antler on.

24-Mar-17
had a nice 150ish 4x4 in the yard feeding up before the storm last night still packing both sides... and a tiny forky with only one!

27-Mar-17

Destroyer350's embedded Photo
I found a big single this afternoon. Pics do not do it justice. Hopefully I can match him up!

27-Mar-17
Looks like a beauty

10-Apr-17

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
No see no hear turkey but found a few sheds today.

11-Apr-17
Saw two 5 pt. bulls today, both still sporting both sides.

12-Apr-17

Stoneman's embedded Photo
best of 2

14-Apr-17

Matt, this is the picture I was thinking of... almost.

14-Apr-17
Dave - That does look very close! Looks like the muledeer around the front range love to drop antlers in that type of vegetation.

14-Apr-17
I saw a whitetail buck tonight that was still packing.

15-Apr-17
The bucks that hang in our area (Black Forest) have all dropped theirs.

15-Apr-17
There was a small buck in my yard yesterday with 2 spots on his head where the antlers should be. There was also a buck with large forks.

15-Apr-17

Dirty D's embedded Photo
Dirty D's embedded Photo
Dirty D's embedded Photo
1st matched set!
Dirty D's embedded Photo
1st matched set!
Dirty D's embedded Photo
Dirty D's embedded Photo
I had a good day today...

15-Apr-17
WTG Matt!

16-Apr-17
Hey Matt does the dog find them for you or does he just want them after you do all the work?

16-Apr-17
Nice work, Matt! I'm out of the game for the next couple weeks. Had our son on Thursday. Arrow James has taken over my life.

17-Apr-17
I wish the dog was helping me! I'd like to train him to help but I'm not sure he could have made it into the spot I found these, he's a lazy little bugger, ha!

19-Apr-17
I saw two bucks last Sunday that still had their antlers on. Three with nubs from new antlers.

20-Apr-17
I found no antlers yesterday, but did see some turkeys. I also got buzzed by a good size rattler, it was close. They are out, be careful out there.

08-May-17

Ziek's embedded Photo
Ziek's embedded Photo
Been a bit slower this year. Only about 80# so far. About half fresh and half from last year. Plus a couple of older ones. Was planning to be done yesterday, but I need to try to find the other side to this one.

08-May-17
Ziek - anytime you need help looking... just let me know! Nice pull.

09-May-17
Ziek, that is a funky looking one on the table. Closest to the camera. Or is it just the pile that makes it look deceiving.?

10-May-17
Dave, if your offer is just to help me carry them back up the mountain, I'll keep that in mind for next year. ;-) Otherwise, I already have too much competition around here.

Zach. It's just the angle of the photo. That's a normal 5 point.

I couldn't find the match to the big 6. No doubt I'll find it next year and wonder how I missed it. I did find another fresh broken 5 or small 6, and an older 4 point mule deer. I never did find a concentration of sheds in one area like I normally do, not even a pair. Just a single here and there. Still, it's great "adult easter egg hunt" I look forward to every year.

10-May-17
Mike - I can bring my freighter frame and help carry. The bonus would be just seeing all the great sheds you have collected over the years.

31-May-17

Anyone been out finding sheds lately? I struggled with brown elk this year but was able to scoop up quite a bit of deer sheds. I found this set in an area that I drew my deer tag.

31-May-17
Hope that buck is a local and not migratory! That palmation is cool!

Good luck!

31-May-17

one last mule deer

01-Jun-17

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Destroyer 360 what GMU unit did you find that palmated shed set in?

01-Jun-17
It was over in 501 Peco. What unit did you take the pic in? Do you have any other pics?

01-Jun-17
Unit 69, I have a few other pics, I'll post a few more.

01-Jun-17
Unit 69, I have a few other pics, I'll post a few more.

01-Jun-17

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
360 here are a few more.

01-Jun-17

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo

01-Jun-17

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo

01-Jun-17
Wow. That is very similar. Only a couple differences with the back fork on the left side and the brow tine. Awesome pics Peco!

01-Jun-17
Separated by too many miles, Hwy 50 and the Arkansas River. When I saw your pictures I thought maybe you were nearby. I did not draw a tag this year but hopefully he will show up for my wife this bow season!

01-Jun-17
You guys are so lucky that you can be out in the woods looking for sheds. I had another fusion on my spine three weeks ago and the screws pulled out. Now, I'm waiting week by week to see if the pain subsides and it starts to fuse. If it doesn't, I will get another three levels fused making it 10 levels in my lower spine. After 50 years of hunting my hunting days are about at an end. I will still be there supporting our sport at the CBA, RMBS and SCI banquets. Enjoy the outdoors while you can!

01-Jun-17
Sorry to hear about that BIGHORN. Hope you make a full recovery.

01-Jun-17
Sorry to hear that Merle. Hoping for the best for you.

02-Jun-17
Take it easy Bighorn it's your best chance of a good heal and getting back out there. Wishing you a great recovery.

• Sitka Gear