hillbender 03-Mar-17
wyobullshooter 03-Mar-17
hillbender 04-Mar-17
Topgun 30-06 04-Mar-17
WYelkhunter 05-Mar-17
osage 05-Mar-17
ohiohunter 03-Jan-18
03-Mar-17
First time applicant to Wyoming and landed a general tag with no pref points. How big of a long shot did I land? If a non res applies every year whats the norm draw rate? every other year or so?

03-Mar-17
Random license draw odds were 14.45% this year, so to say the odds aren't in your favor would be an understatement. As for next year, the wildcard will be the recent license/PP fee increase just passed by the Wyoming legislature. Depending on how many decide they no longer want to play the game, draw odds could go up. Then again, they could go down if those with several PP's decide to cash in before they stop playing. Time will tell.

My son just drew a random license for the 3rd year in a row, so it can be done. But again, the odds aren't in your favor.

04-Mar-17
Thanks for the response thats just the info I was seeking. Looking forward to seeing some new ground. Future plan is to mix Wy and Mt hunts when I draw with my stand by Co spots.

04-Mar-17
Preference point fees were not raised for 2018. The Bill that passed strictly authorizes the G&F to raise the deer, elk, and antelope PPs to no more than $75 in the future.

05-Mar-17
If they have the ability to raise the price they will as soon as possible

05-Mar-17
Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in awhile.

03-Jan-18
14% for non resident is pretty good odds compared to the high demand units in New Mexico that are single digit or even fractional % odds!

• Sitka Gear