writer 07-Mar-17
Scooby-doo 08-Mar-17
z hunter 08-Mar-17
cherney12 09-Mar-17
Scooby-doo 10-Mar-17
Westksbowhunter 10-Mar-17
z hunter 10-Mar-17
05-Mar-17
I typically bow hunt Unit 9 every fall. Unfortunately in 2016 I was unable to come out to Kansas, so I bought a preference point. My group of 3 buddies still came out and hunted.

My question is....if I have a preference point, and neither of them have any, does us putting in for a group application make sense? Will my preference point help ensure the group draws or does it only help if I put in on my own?

Thanks in advance.

05-Mar-17
Better call Pratt.

06-Mar-17
my thinking is as a group you will have 0 points

06-Mar-17
Why apply as a group?? Shawn

06-Mar-17
Usually we only put in as a group. 4 is the max amount of people you can include in a group. We just figured if 2 out of the 4 of us didn't draw, then we would skip that year and come back the following year when all 4 of us would draw. So we have just always done it that way.

07-Mar-17
Very few people do not draw is what I am saying so I would apply individually. Shawn

07-Mar-17
Your 1 PP only applies to you. Some or all of your buddies, without any PPs, stand the chance of not drawing but then they could all draw that non resident tag. You should be guaranteed to draw.

07-Mar-17
Unit 9 did not sell out last yr..thats not to say it wont this yr..chances of you all drawing are very high.

Our nr expert would have you believe very few do not draw a tag,..he fails to take into consideration the state is divided into 18 units. As a whole sure, slightly less than 8% not drawing a tag in 2016 is not too bad out of 21816 hunters..but he throws out a blanket statement..were you trying to draw a unit one tag, you would find that 37+% of the applicants did not draw a tag.

As a matter of fact, in his coveted unit 3, it is even higher with 38.7% not drawing a tag.

Forest for the trees mr expert, forest for the trees

07-Mar-17
I like Charlie's idea best - 620-672-5911, ask for licensing.

08-Mar-17
Z he was not asking about unit 1, you my friend are well, never mind! Shawn

08-Mar-17
Hmmm, lets see mr expert, the 1st thing i mentioned WAS unit 9..

Your 1st post was questioning "why apply as a group" Your 2nd post says "very few people do not draw"

YOU never even looked at unit 9.. you threw out a blanket statement, claiming "very few people do not draw"

When the fact of the matter is..Unit 9 has not ever sold out.. no, he didnt mention unit 1, nor did he mention any of 17 other units.. as i said, they have a very high chance of drawing tags...had it been unit 3,..not so much... I knew you couldnt/wouldnt resist a chance to reply..a weak attempt to save face..

The op asked a question...you answered it WITH a question..then you say very few people dont draw a tag...ffs, no one has ever NOT drawn a tag for unit 9..its never sold out...

Maybe next time, instead of answering a question with a question..just spit out what you are saying so we dont have to wonder wtf you are saying..

09-Mar-17
You need a hug?

10-Mar-17
Z- not me, your original response was the weak one and your second just plain stupid!! I believe Z would not except a hug as he would be afraid it would make him look bad!! If the hug was meant for me, I would take it!! ->>>-------> Shawn

10-Mar-17
Z is a good guy and has contributed a lot to this forum over the years. He is very knowledgeable and a passionate resident hunter of this state that will be here long after most non resident hunters come and go, Scooby included. Do yourself a favor Scooby and go have a scooby snack then find something else to post about.

10-Mar-17
Its ok West, but thank you

Hes over on the nebraska forum telling them about their herd, showing his vast knowledge of their state too.

Gonna be funny when he joins the 38.7%, but he will probably move to Ks to get that lifetime license soon.

• Sitka Gear