Wyoming
Contributors to this thread:
Alpineman 06-Mar-17
Junior 09-Mar-17
WapitiBob 09-Mar-17
Topgun 30-06 09-Mar-17
Alpineman 10-Mar-17
06-Mar-17
I am elk hunting in Wyoming this September (I drew my tag) and as it is a long way for me to travel back and forth I was wanting to try to hunt both Whitetail and Mule deer. I have a bunch of preference points which I will use if I really have to, but I would rather keep my points and try to draw region W as a second choice. Where I am located I cannot access the statistics on the G & F website so I wanted to know if I can do that? I am prepared to buy the special if this will help. My second question is I want to try to buy a leftover area 23 -3 whitetail tag can anyone tell me if that is a probability? Thanks.

09-Mar-17
You can try to draw your second choice but its not a guarantee. Just put a hard to draw tag as your first choice, and W as your second choice, in the special preference points side. I'm not sure if you can have 2 buck tags? Maybe call game and fish, they are there to help! I do know those leftovers go fast! You will have about 5 seconds to get that tag. It sounds as if you already have slow internet? If you do, you might as well forget it. A site called toprut.com would help you a ton with odds. Also if you do a search on here, most likely your questions has been answered several times. Good luck.

09-Mar-17
Region W was about 50/50 as a 2nd choice in the special last year. You can buy a 2nd any Deer tag provided it's in the leftovers, which will be a draw this year. That Deer tag should be available in the leftover draw based on last years numbers but things can change. You will know before the leftover draw as they'll post all leftovers the same day as the results.

09-Mar-17
Unless things have changed you can't have more than one Type 1 or Type 2 deer tag in a year, but you can get a second buck tag only if it's a Type 3.

10-Mar-17
Hmm, ok looks like I am going to have to try to draw that leftover 23-3 in the leftover draw. At least I will have a chance, whereas before some leftover tags were gone in the blink of an eye.

• Sitka Gear