Contributors to this thread:
cantgetdrawn 06-Mar-17
swampokie 07-Mar-17
Muddyboots 07-Mar-17
ohiohunter 07-Mar-17
cantgetdrawn 07-Mar-17
HDE 08-Mar-17
06-Mar-17
I just noticed this. I doubt that much will come of it but I do see it as a way to keep the pressure on G&F for those of us who are unhappy with the way LO tags are distributed. I had not heard of it until now and it seems it will be heard in House Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources committee tomorrow March 7th.

https://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/17%20Regular/memorials/house/HM094.pdf

07-Mar-17
It would be awesome to be able to take the tags away from the primos boys and give em back to yall new mexico boys! They can still buy one on the rez!

07-Mar-17
I was reading along and thought this would be "good news". Until I got to the end. If the E-PLUS system is for game and fish's private land elk authorizations, and this would put more licenses into the E-PLUS system, I think this is a wolf in sheeps colothing. The bottom line should just state that fewer licenses should be allocated to the E-PLUS system, placing more into the general draw.

07-Mar-17
Agreed muddy, 42% of LO tags weren't even purchased! Not to mention the countless locked gates.

I can't say more tags is the answer, bc increased pressure will lessen the hunting experience and push game onto private land. But if the commission could increase land access an increase would be favored, similar to block management. BUUUUT at the same time I've heard the horror stories from land owners and why they no longer allow people on their land, some people have zero respect for other's property. Though it frustrates me when I run into these obstacles I sympathize w/ the LO and respect their decision.

07-Mar-17
Eastern AZ looks a lot like Western NM and they do just fine without subsidizing LOs. The LO system is out of control if it were eliminated there might LOs might throw a fuss but not much would change in the long run except LO would have to make their money with trespass fees instead of subsidies.

08-Mar-17
But, western NM LO's do more for wildlife providing critical habitat than eastern AZ LO's do, right...?

• Sitka Gear