notme 11-Mar-17
Bloodtrail 11-Mar-17
N8tureBoy 11-Mar-17
bigbuckbob 11-Mar-17
nehunter 11-Mar-17
longbeard 11-Mar-17
Richm444 20-Mar-17
10-Mar-17
So a few nights I can't sleep and go downstairs. I'm curious what's going on outside at midnight/1am. I have a night vision scope. In the last two weeks the two times I looked outside I see deer on my property. One night I see three deer. Last week I saw 12 deer on in the yard! Clearly the deer are nocturnal. During the hunt season daylight hours I see maybe a deer or two once a week. So the question is how to get the dozen deer to come out in daylight?

10-Mar-17
I guess that you could set up a feeder on a timer if that is legal where you are or (God forbid) do a drive and make them move.

10-Mar-17
Two days ago I had 7 deer in my backyard about 50 yards from me at 11 in the morning.. Then I go check the cam and in two weeks I have over 750 pics every single one at night.. not even one day pic

10-Mar-17
just sleep in the woods and take your night vision goggles and the deer will come to you

11-Mar-17
Throw on some leiderhosen,play robust umpa umpa tunes ans change your name to hilda....sure to attract the big boys..

11-Mar-17
Just wait until the first week of November and there will be deer all over the place in the daylight.

11-Mar-17
I've been asking the same thing about my teenage son...

11-Mar-17
Teenagers! Ah yes, the years when trips to the guidance counselor's office and police station consumed all my time. Fun!

11-Mar-17

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
Totally opposite here. Early morning and afternoon. But I'm feeding them.

11-Mar-17
Its all about the moon times. However with the next 10 days of real winter coming back, you may see them more in the daylight no matter what the moon position is

20-Mar-17
If you are allowed to bait time the feeders for early am and the deer need to out hustle the turkeys.

The scrape dripper theory for bucks? I don't know if that works but the dripper pushes the scent out in daylight so the idea is that the competing bucks will return when they anticipate a competitor will be there0 FWIW

I agree it is frustrating - I have monster bucks on night video never to be seen in daylight

• Sitka Gear