Red Beastmaster 19-Mar-17
RC 19-Mar-17
HARRY CARRY 19-Mar-17
HARRY CARRY 19-Mar-17
bowkevin 21-Mar-17
11-Mar-17

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
Hey, what are you doing next Sunday, March 19, 2017, around 8 AM? You wanna shoot a 3D course down at “Strictly Sticks”? And then have lunch? OK, LET'S DO IT!!

Yes, the final scheduled 3D shoot of the 2016-2017 Winter Season will be next Sunday, the “Archer Appreciation Day” 3D, as we wrap up a season that saw some spectacular weather and introduced us to a quiver full of new friends. We, the Crew, feel quite lucky and very honored you choose to introduce yourselves!

So, with the final shoot, each registered Archer will be invited to partake in a buffet lunch that will be included with your entry cost. Lunch will probably fire up in the 11 AM to 11:30 AM time frame, depending on if our clocks and watches match.

No, you will not receive prime rib, with twice roasted potatoes, nor asparagus, nor a chilled chianti served by Archer-Waiters with white cloths covering their armguards. But, you will be with friends, both old and hopefully new, away from the “real world” for a few hours. And you won't have to cook....

That's kind of the goal of “Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers”; a break from reality, with the bow and arrow, and some really cool people.

We've been extremely lucky weather-wise so far, so what normally happens is that one shoot during our season is less than stellar. May we ask that ALL OF YOU start or keep some MOJO going for a good weather day? Or, shall we say ACCEPTABLE WEATHER??!!

We'll have fliers for the September 9-10, 2017 2-Day Traditional Weekend on hand. And, as usual, we'll have the Swap/Trade/Sell tables set up. And the course will be....WHO KNOWS where it will be...set-up is a week away!!!

“Archer Appreciation Day” is just our way of saying THANK YOU to everyone who took time from their schedules to see what “Sticks” is about. Hopefully, we've done our job well enough to earn a return visit, and that you will avail yourselves to next Sunday's opportunities.

So there: the invitation has been made. Do you accept? If so, see you next Sunday, March 19. We'll leave the lights on, the targets up, and the laughter ready for you!

11-Mar-17

12-Mar-17
Yep!

12-Mar-17
Yep! again

12-Mar-17
Hope so.... Daughter's Boyfriend wants to try trad so he may be toting a Palomino. Hes looking for a Bear Montana Longbow...... Wasnt there one there last shoot?

12-Mar-17
I think there may have been, Dale. I know a couple folks were shooting them last time. Maybe whoever had one on the "table" might bring it again, if it didn't sell....

12-Mar-17
Sent ya a PM Dale.

HC, will there be wieners on the menu for Sunday. I'm sure you'd "bait" a famous local archer to the event. Just be sure you guys put the 12" 10 rings on the targets.

12-Mar-17
Yeppie!

13-Mar-17
Yeppie?? Wth is that a yodel?

No dogs for me as I am a changed man. Now as for the 10 rings.... you might as well make them invisible:) I'll still find em lol

13-Mar-17
I'm not sure, but at least I know the menu will not include "Spiritually Enhanced Tofu", bean or Brussels sprouts, or for that matter Spinach Souffle. As for the enhanced 10 rings, I've heard that one local archer who describes himself as a changed man IS SO GOOD, his 10s go to 11, for that little extra kick.....!

13-Mar-17

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
This is the rumor I heard for the shoot...

13-Mar-17
Not me! Ive changed..... Yup I uh um changed....

13-Mar-17
Not me! Ive changed..... Yup I uh um changed....

13-Mar-17
RC, now that there is a rumor!

14-Mar-17
It was a bait pile:)

14-Mar-17
That meal should come with CPR instructions.

Well it looks like the short bus will be delivering assorted mt. men on Sunday. And I get to sit up front!

14-Mar-17
They otta strap ya to the roof:)

14-Mar-17
No room, Mr Perfect's already claimed that spot.

14-Mar-17
Red, that dinner RC showed can be found at Sheetz, where the hog huntin is always good. I think yinz guys will pass 2 or 3 on the way..... Just sayin....

14-Mar-17
How about a pic on the pass-through breakfast? Talk about a bait pile. I think Dale began to cave after getting a peek of his "former" crutch.

14-Mar-17
SS ordered 24" 10 rings too....

As Harry may shoot too...

14-Mar-17
I like the SS breakfast and thank them for it. Hope your still going Dale!

14-Mar-17
Will they all be Rinehart RC? I hope they have the twelve rings on the edge for Mr. Ten Ring's sake.

15-Mar-17
Blindfold me..... I still hit the same:)

15-Mar-17
I can believe that.

15-Mar-17
LMAO Red!!! Folks thought there were early signs of turkey at the last shoot. So many areas scratched over behind targets. I think there was just one active bird looking for feathered sticks. Just say'n.

15-Mar-17
Hang a hot dog over the 10 ring and you would see some shooting:)

15-Mar-17
Well I'm bringing a young feller (looking for a longbow btw) thats my daughter Jamis boyfriend. Hes very impressionable....and he thinks I'm the shizzzz. :) I'm sure you guys wont let me down eh? Buddies?

15-Mar-17
Well I'm bringing a young feller (looking for a longbow btw) thats my daughter Jamis boyfriend. Hes very impressionable....and he thinks I'm the shizzzz. :) I'm sure you guys wont let me down eh? Buddies?

15-Mar-17
I'm sure his standards will increase immensely after mingling with the true "legends" that he'll be in the company of. No offense Dale.

15-Mar-17
Build him a fire , he won't be able to see a thing afterwards;)

15-Mar-17
Added bonus for him, Dale, will be Randy at the registration table!

15-Mar-17
:)

16-Mar-17
Dale, if your future son-n-law doesn't see something he likes on the table at Sticks take a ride to Trout Outdoor Traditional Archery. Ken might be able to hook him up.

17-Mar-17
As from your pm I Talked to Ken last week. Hes got a bunch of bows for sure.

19-Mar-17
Thanks SS for another great shoot and lunch. Last I seen there were 87 shooters signed up. That's pretty good:)

19-Mar-17
2X what RC said, enjoyed the shoot and was great to see everyone. Only downside now is the long wait......Thanks SS crew.

19-Mar-17
A good time was had by all!

Thank you SS for the lunch and for another winter of fun!

19-Mar-17
I got to meet Mr. Perfects wife.

I shook her hand and offered her my condolences. LOL

19-Mar-17
Yep, 87 folks on the sign-in register, but probably well over a hundred, when including the family members and friends who came along just to watch or walk the course. We even had a few non-shooting folks who met up with friends just to tag along.

Over a hundred folks, who easily could have decided to sleep in, or do laundry, or accomplish other things than loosing arrows at dense foam life size targets in Alverton, Pennsylvania.

Yes, it will be a long wait until September 9-10th, 2017. But, this means the "Sticks" Crew can now go out to the clubs/groups whose 3D seasons are just starting, so WE can LOSE arrows on their courses! (Well, we might get a few ideas here or there about target placement, or possible scenarios, too. But we doubt we'll see the original Steel Wolfe!!!)

So, on behalf of the Crew of "Strictly Sticks" (since many of them are not yet posting to the PA Bowsite or Leatherwall), a HUGE "THANK YOU" is sent to EVERYONE who has kept "Sticks" going for another great year! You know who you are, and you all deserve credit for being a part of the gang!

Time for a bit of rest, but don't worry: there are target scenarios that are still brewing in our minds, that will probably show up in September. Just bring a few extra arrows...start making them now, and you should be OK!!

Happy Spring and Summer and Bow and Arrow, from "Strictly Sticks"!!

19-Mar-17
By the way, there are some great photos from today's "Archer Appreciation Shoot" on the "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" Facebook page. Stop by and take a look...

21-Mar-17
Sorry I missed it. Forgot all about it. Just been so busy lately ??

• Sitka Gear