Crusty 16-Mar-17
Jaquomo 16-Mar-17
BIGHORN 16-Mar-17
Crusty 20-Mar-17
yooper89 20-Mar-17
Jethro 22-Mar-17
wkochevar 22-Mar-17
15-Mar-17
We started with white wine while the grill was getting hot. Now, we are having Bison and Mountain Lion steaks with baked potatoes smothered with cream corn. Yum yum.

16-Mar-17
Made a great "healthy" version of shepherds pie the other night. No pie crust but with ground elk, homemade mashed potatoes and a bunch of veggies and herbs. It was great.

16-Mar-17
Hot smoked my second Elk roast.

16-Mar-17
Fresh walleye fillets tonight broiled beneath a glaze of Dijon/mayo/caramelized parmesan

16-Mar-17
Crusty, How long did it take to smoke the elk roast?

20-Mar-17
For the time it just depends on how slow you want to cook it. I start it off for two or three hours at 120 internal temp and work up from there. The longer the better. Target temp is 155 at the center. Here is a tip....take a knife and cut a hole clear through center of the roast. Stuff it with a couple of strips of peppered bacon. This will help keep it moist in the center. I dry my roast off with paper towels after bringing the meat to room temp. Dry is better on the outside. I use a little olive oil and a dry rub on the outside. Slice and enjoy with a frosty beverage of your selection.

20-Mar-17
^^ Jaq I just fried up a few walleye fillets from a fly-in trip to Northern Ontario this summer. Not bad for a Monday afternoon lunch.

22-Mar-17

Jethro's embedded Photo
Jethro's embedded Photo

22-Mar-17

wkochevar's embedded Photo
Mmmm!!
wkochevar's embedded Photo
Mmmm!!
Katstrap....

• Sitka Gear